Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, collection of minor bugs in a point-camera-at-screen video:

First one -
Mode: Career
Match Type: One Day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Can't recall
Ground: Melbourne - every match seems to be at Melbourne, which might be a bug by itself?
Teams: Victoria vs NSW
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Bowled the ball as me, fielder drops the catch like every other time because they hate me, then the ball goes through him to then bounce away. Shouldn't players be solid?

Second one -
Match Type: any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): most
Ground: any
Teams: any
Description of Issue: As well as the stumps breaking all the time for anything, the bails seem to fly away up the pitch frequently, or splash they a fish.

Third one -
Match Type: FC
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Can't recall
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Victoria vs Tasmania
Description of Issue: Example of a wider issue - the bowler ends up on the pitch and can hold up a batsman running between wickets without any penalty.

In this example, the bat falls short of the crease because I assume the animation happened along with the collision.

They were awarded the runs as if the bat did go in.

Last edited:
Experience the same.
Just played my first game online. It was Ashes Cricket 13 kinda behavior.
I was bowled at one delivery and the bails went down when the keeper picked up the ball from the ground. The bails should have gone down when the ball hits the stumps.

Bowling meter was not there as a result I ended up bowling too many wides and the match was ended coz of that forfeit thing.

Ross please provide us details regarding this.
my internet connection is working fine.

Bowling meter isnt there on purpose. I have played twice online, once it worked perfectly, the other...well about 3 times the other guy played it along the ground to my fielder who picked it up and claimed a catch(the ball rolled to him) and the umpire gave it. Was obviously a bad connection from somewhere far,far away but I can understand theres some issues. I think the better the connection to the other player, the better it works

Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Various
Ground:
Teams: all
Reproducible yes
Description of Issue: OK I have played a lot of Career at this stage. Apart from the mentioned bugs ie fielders run outs etc, I have also seen the AI batsman get hit by the ball the AI fielder pick it up it hit the wickets and was given out bowled.

The silly mid on and off seem to get hit a lot with the ball and dont move for well struck balls very hard hit shots.

I find the commentary quite often out of sync. One bad one is when you have a draw it always mentions "They will be happy with that win"

In my opinion to many well timed "normal shots" are lifted in the air making a straight drive just so risky. Whipping it off your pads also leads to a lot of superman fielding catches which should be a bread and butter 1 or 2. If I was playing aggressive I would have no issue getting out in this manner.

I really dont like when you simulate to advance to your turn to bat its comes straight to you at the batting crease. I want to see my player strolling to the crease etc and she his stats.

I also want to add, as an old time gamer, this is the best cricket game ever made hands down. I am grateful that "patches exist" these days to have changes:). Good work guys, I love this game with a few fixes it will be brilliant.

Before I get to the issue I encountered, I'll say first.. great job guys, the game is a wonderful improvement on previous releases (AC09 and IC10).

Mode: Casual
Match Type: 50 over match
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.3 of 1st innings
Ground: Kolkata
Teams: australia current gen vs india current gen
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): perhaps, I haven't had another not-out lbw reviewed by the fielding team since.
Description of Issue: I was batting as AUS and Shane Watson was hit on the pads and given NOT OUT by the umpire. India referred the decision and it was clipping the leg stump, hence the umpire's call was the decision on DRS. The umpire's decision was NOT OUT originally, but despite this, when i returned to gameplay, poor old watto was out lbw on review!

if it wasnt for india using DRS, i'd be praising the hyer-realsim!

hey mine is not really a bug more like a feature request, it would be good if we could have an option for a fielding radar makes batting a little better. There should be an option to turn it off and on for those who want it. Its a great game otherwise although the keep breaking the stumps every single time he get the ball gets annoying after a while.

Career Mode difficulty level is too hard to play....they should have included Rookie or Amateur along with Pro,Legend,Vertern..... its not fun if you keep getting out in every single match by playing only straight drives and scoring 10 runs on 40 balls...with no flick shots because the bowlers keep bowling at you on leg and you can't flick them due to difficulty level have to play straight drives only...i love the game but its too hard if there is no Amateur level in Career mode as they have in other casual matches

I'd guess that the lack of Amateur and Rookie levels in the career mode would be due to the career points chart, and trying to balance that out.

The main difficulty in career mode however comes from the fact you're playing with an unskilled player. Once you play well and build up skills, you improve your chances of doing well - at about the same time as you'll make it into international teams or the T20 leagues where all the other players are higher in skill as well.

If you did that part on the really easy difficulty levels, you'd be overpowered in skills as you got to the harder matches.

I think the career mode is the most fun precisely because of how hard it is - you need to work at refining your skill and ability - like a real cricketer.

The middle ground feature I'd like to see would be the ability to practice with your career player in the nets and match practice - training drills would be ideal - and/or the option to control only the one player in other game modes.

Turning off replays turns off every single replay, including wickets and challenges.

Perhaps the option could be

All on -- minimal --- all off

yep I agree. Possible setting of off, wickets, wickets/near misses, ect

Don't think this could be classed as a minor bug.. this is almost a Ashes Cricket 13 sized bug.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): second innings about 8 overs in
Ground: West Oval
Teams: Australia current gen T20 vs England T20
Get Best: no
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): Not really.
Description of Issue: As per video, was batting and ball went through the bat like it wasn't there. No real details of who was bowling or batting apart from what the video shows, sorry, wasn't taking too much note.

Last edited by a moderator:
"He's given it a fearsome tweak" prolly needs to be put on a much, much, lower rotate...

Oh yeah, thanks Biggs. Same match as above, both commentators made a similar 'This is a collapse of epic proportions' or whatever one after the other. Very minor, but still, Ashes-like.

Yes.. I feel very dirty saying that.

Commentary isn't really a big deal for me, since I just turn it off but in career mode you need it on to give you clues for reviews and such...

We are reading all of the posts.

We will meet tomorrow to discuss any changes for the upcoming patches.

Please use the templates at all times and don't be emotional, the "I can't believe" "how did you miss" "what's with" and the like are going to make it a lot harder for us to take the request/issue seriously.

Thanks for the feedback so far, it's encouraging that most things are tweaks and not major additions (as in they are likely to be implemented if valid).

Ross...please fix the match summary as well...there is a standard format for that and please make it in that way...its a request...

Please use standard form for requests and bugs-makes it a lot easier for us to search for and collate.

maybe they should have a certain amount of skills you can use when you first start your career! its a bit unrealistic having a player with no skills playing state cricket! fair enough if they had club cricket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread