Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they're more than willing to listen to suggestions

Correct. We know there will be issues, speaking of which....

----------

As posted in the first impressions thread however belongs here:

There is definitely an issue with downloading teams and their effects on the roster in Career.

Players likeness and names are downloaded correctly however the roster is not being respected. Essentially the likeness and name for position 1 in the on disk roster is replaced with the likeness and name for position 1 of the downloaded team however retaining the attributes and role of the on disk position 1 rather than the download position 1 (and so on for positions 2,3,4,etc..).

The issue arises because of the need to equalise the skills and attributes of all players because of the use of leaderboards. The system is used to ensure all users start a career with the same skills and attributes however we can see flaws in this now and are working on a fix.

----------

There is definitely an issue with downloading teams and their effects on the roster in Career.

Players likeness and names are downloaded correctly however the roster is not being respected. Essentially the likeness and name for position 1 in the on disk roster is replaced with the likeness and name for position 1 of the downloaded team however retaining the attributes and role of the on disk position 1 rather than the download position 1 (and so on for positions 2,3,4,etc..).

The issue arises because of the need to equalise the skills and attributes of all players because of the use of leaderboards. The system is used to ensure all users start a career with the same skills and attributes however we can see flaws in this now and are working on a fix.

Umm...that went over my head. But whatever you say :p nice to see you guys are already on it.

----------

So are you saying if we shouldn't download teams for a better career mode experience?

He is saying by the time you get the game....don bradman cricket 15 will be out. So no need to worry. :)

By "we" I meant folks in middle east, Pakistan, India and Australia. Folks in UK and North America don't count :p

----------

Is this refering to players with low bowling skills/attributes bowling instead of a strike bowler?

So are you saying if we shouldn't download teams for a better career mode experience?

Depends what you would prefer

- Playing with default, on-disc rosters
- Playing with updated rosters, with the risk of player roles/ratings being ignored e.g. having non-bowlers bowl

----------

Is this refering to players with low bowling skills/attributes bowling instead of a strike bowler?

Yes.

You will get the same experience whichever way, except that in career mode the roles of the players are changed to be that of their on disk counterpart, eg. if position 7 on the disk was a medium pace bowler then that is what the downloaded position 7 would become.

Essentially the on disk and downloaded teams will be identical in career except for name and likeness.

Since I plan on getting stuck right into career mode off the bat, I think I'll play it safe for now... Will be weird umpiring my own career though ;)

You will get the same experience whichever way, except that in career mode the roles of the players are changed to be that of their on disk counterpart, eg. if position 7 on the disk was a medium pace bowler then that is what the downloaded position 7 would become.

Essentially the on disk and downloaded teams will be identical in career except for name and likeness.

Does that mean position 7 out of 30 (roster) or position 7 out of 11 (playing XI)?

Given that the number 10 and 11 for WA didn't bowl, you would have to mean '7 out of 30' right?

Does that mean position 7 out of 30 (roster) or position 7 out of 11 (playing XI)?

Given that the number 10 and 11 for WA didn't bowl, you would have to mean '7 out of 30' right?

Correct, it is one for one with the entire squad.

You will get the same experience downloading the team or not, it makes no functional difference, you have the same stats/attributes/roles just different likenesses and names.

what if straight outa the box we make teams and add the to career mode(not replacing any teams) will that be fine?

Last edited:
Dear Big ant, Finally i got me ps3 disc yesterday and i played almost 5 to 6 hrs and following are my reviews or issues which i think, should be fixed.

- In playing game, Spin bowler rpm shows sometime 3000 or sometime 1800 whats that?

- After bowl delivered and shot being played, during fielding time, bowler or fielder sometime pass through half side of umpire or from shoulders means if umpire comes in the way of fielder or bowler then bowler/fielder easily pass through some body parts of umpire. I think it should detect complete umpire is standing in front and change hi path or cant cross through umpire body. frequency is not high but i observed as played 3 complete t20 matches with AI

- AI run out frequency is still much

- Red circle around the ball, seems annoyed after playing for long time. it should be customizable like on and off

- After completing run, Even stumps already broken, bowler or keeper keep hitting the ball to wicket/bails which should be fixed

- While selecting best team by triangle key specially for PAKISTAN, best team still not updated even nothing happened where as for rest its work perfectly. Are you against Pakistan :))). I did manually update by going to community and then select most popular

Overall i can say its really good game with respect to graphics, stats, customization. regarding game play its too early too comment as in my games out of 3 T20, AI got out with in 20 overs twice despite the rpo is 10 plus ....

But still we are thankful to Bigant for bringing such game for us after ic2010.

Cheers

Big Ant, (not sure if this is an issue, though I think it is?) I'm playing Career mode as a bowling all-rounder who bowls Fast and bats at 8 (I certainly put a lot more effort into my bowling than my batting). Why does my captain (Graeme Smith, Surrey) still bowl his first/second/even third-change bowlers before bringing me in to bowl in the 60th over most of the time? He even bowls himself (I'm sure Smith isn't a bowler) for 20 overs or so before bringing me in. Is that normal (though I doubt that because I'm a 140kph pace bowler and my job is a bowling all rounder) or?

In playing game, Spin bowler rpm shows sometime 3000 or sometime 1800 whats that?
revolutions you are imparting on the ball

Red circle around the ball, seems annoyed after playing for long time. it should be customizable like on and off
can be turned off in the options hud elements .

----------

Overall i can say its really good game with respect to graphics, stats, customization. regarding game play its too early too comment as in my games out of 3 T20, AI got out with in 20 overs twice despite the rpo is 10 plus ....
whats the difficulty level you are playing with? that might have something to do with it , try playing at pro or veteran.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread