Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a weird bug. I faced it couple of days ago just once. After that one day i never had any problem. Lets hope it resolves itself for you too.

I have been facing the same problem; happened thrice now. Waiting for the Patch now

Hi guys,

I will start off by saying this is one of the most fun games I have ever played, cricket game or otherwise (although the cricket certainly helps!). I have been following this game's development on these forums over the last year with incredible excitement, and must say the game has certainly delivered on its promise and more. Congrats to Big Ant on a fantastic game.

I bought the game the day it was released (on PS3) and have played probably 60+ hours since then, at least (3 seasons of career, couple of world cups + a handful of random games), and have come across a few issues which stand out.

1 - Firstly and by far most importantly, the super-fielders hitting the stumps 90% of the time from anywhere on the field. Their attributes seem to make no difference either, every Canadian fields like Jonty Rhodes and throws like a 2001 Ricky Ponting on steroids.

2 - Occasionally when running between the wickets, the graphic at the bottom does not reflect the actual position of the batsmen. The display at the bottom shows the batsmen in the crease so I don't sprint, then the throw comes in from the boundary (inevitably hitting the stumps) and it turns out the batsmen is well short. This seems to happen after a period of sprinting runs over and over, perhaps their fatigue has something to do with the discrepancy?

3 - Often I will leg glance my way into the 30s only to find the fielding side has put 3 or sometimes 4 men behind square leg, an illegal field.

4 - When jogging a run the batsmen pull up too soon, short of the crease. This results in frequent run outs (again coupled with the cyborg throwing), often the slow mo showing a foot levitating just above the ground.

5 - When batting, usually but not always to a spinner, I have been stumped after a swing and miss as the batsmen ended up outside of the crease. This is fine as I have the O button to get back, but pressing O results in the batsmen actually leaving the crease to turn around, resulting in more stumpings.

6 - When diving to complete a run, once safe the batsman stands up and as he does so he leaves the crease, resulting in frustrating run outs.

7 - I have a career as a batting allrounder bowling leg spin, and while I average about 12 in FC cricket with the bat, I have taken 74 wickets at 4.3 through 11 games, with similar records in 1Day and T20. In short, batting is too hard, bowling (at least leg spin) too easy. Perhaps an option to have different difficulty levels for batting and bowling (MLB The Show (baseball) has this feature and its great). I have read about it disturbing leaderboards and frankly could not care less about them, comparing myself to others is not why I play games.

8 - Often I will tear apart a batting line-up in the first innings only to not get a bowl in the second while the opposition racks up 400+. Just now took 6 for 7 in the first and didn't bowl in the second. I took 9/18 yesterday and didn't bowl in the second innings.

9 - Batsmen who have no business bowling seem to bowl A LOT. Phil Hughes has bowled the most overs in FC cricket, Aaron Finch and Peter Forrest not far behind. I am playing for Victoria and Finch & Quiney have bowled more balls than Pattinson or Siddle (their ratings are reflective of their ability ie. Siddle has great stats Finch has nothing).

10 - Sometimes while batting at the end of a session or when a wicket falls, upon resumption the score shows 0/0 with the correct overs. It reverts back to normal after one ball.

11 - Occasionally I will be randomly switched to bowling from the other side of the wicket (over to around or around to over).

12 - In career mode, whichever place in the batting lineup I take results in that player never playing. Say I take the wicket keepers spot, while not being a keeper myself, this leaves the team without a keeper and a random batsman keeping. Can the game drop the worst batsman and replace him with the keeper instead?

14 - After taking a wicket often there are no replays (especially for LBWs), while when bowling someone I get 4 replays of the ball in slow mo hitting the stumps but none of the actual delivery.

And finally, the scorecard during games. The scorecards do not show maidens. As one of the 4 requisite statistics of a bowler's figures (Overs, Maidens, Runs, Wickets) displaying maidens is crucial. Can this be added to the scorecards? Can 4's and 6s hit be added too?

Apologies for the long winded and rambling post but I felt I should provide a comprehensive list of issues/bugs I have encountered. I can't read all 1000 posts in this thread to see if anything has been covered already. This game is fantastic and I would be happy to provide pictures or further feedback if it will help.

Its a weird bug. I faced it couple of days ago just once. After that one day i never had any problem. Lets hope it resolves itself for you too.

@AngryPixel I too hope its get resolve..I am facing this problem since last 02 days..Earlier I played 02 Online games, but this problem was not there then...
I will again try it after few days, if it persists, then I will have to quiet playing online..:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

----------

I have been facing the same problem; happened thrice now. Waiting for the Patch now

How you know it will get resolve with patch, has Big Ant mentioned or confirmed anything about this bug (PS3 getting hanged while playing online)?

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: N/A
Get Best:No
Description of Issue: Seems impossible for either me or the AI to square cut a spinner. Every single attempt results in a catch by the keeper.

Yeah online is little buggy. Till yesterday i had no problems, no lags or disconnection whatsoever. But today i tried playing a match against chevo and I got a black screen as soon as i hit the ball. If i leave the ball then its was ok. We tried thrice to resume the game but everytime i got the black screen.

@AngryPixel Exactly the same thing happened with me yesterday as well as Today...Has Ross mentioned anything about this issue in any post?

@AngryPixel I too hope its get resolve..I am facing this problem since last 02 days..Earlier I played 02 Online games, but this problem was not there then...
I will again try it after few days, if it persists, then I will have to quiet playing online..:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

----------

How you know it will get resolve with patch, has Big Ant mentioned or confirmed anything about this bug (PS3 getting hanged while playing online)?

No they haven't confirmed this, but i was looking online and other games also do this as-well and the developers have recommended disabling the media server connection:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1038/~/disable-media-server-connection

I will try this myself tonight and report back, maybe you can also give it a try

No they haven't confirmed this, but i was looking online and other games also do this as-well and the developers have recommended disabling the media server connection:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1038/~/disable-media-server-connection

I will try this myself tonight and report back, maybe you can also give it a try

@BoomBoomBoom OK, lets keep each other posted on this issue...
BTW, if you want you can add me for playing online..My PSN ID is ujjwal8281

Wow some really serious and / or annoying issues...pretty glad I held off on buying this game as I knew its best to check out the feedback first. Career mode is the only reason why I want this game so atm with all the issues I still wont buy it until the patch comes and even then I will give it some more time to check if ppl are happy with the patch - seems it will be months before I can play the game.

your loss, because even though there are bugs, not all of them are game breaking and its damn fun to play with.

Wow some really serious and / or annoying issues...pretty glad I held off on buying this game as I knew its best to check out the feedback first. Career mode is the only reason why I want this game so atm with all the issues I still wont buy it until the patch comes and even then I will give it some more time to check if ppl are happy with the patch - seems it will be months before I can play the game.

At worst i would wait for Patch 1 and 2 to release, hopefully with that most problems will be resolved and they will also add the Fielding Radar for the batsmen. Cause without that the game is too annoying/frustrating to play rather then being fun.

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: N/A
Get Best:No
Description of Issue: Seems impossible for either me or the AI to square cut a spinner. Every single attempt results in a catch by the keeper.

Same here. I either edge it to keeper or get bowled. Now I have a new strategy against spinners - I play a reverse sweep to balls on or outside off stump and surprisingly the strategy has been quite successful.

That is the linking bug. The linking bug occurs when you deviate from the on-disc roster, or the exact equivalent of the on-disc roster. You should be able to link players individually, keeping the integrity of the on-disc roster, and face no issues.

They're only 'higher order batsmen' because that's where the name appears in the batting order, when in reality, they could have the skills of a bowler in career mode. All the players have the same attributes whether you've used Get Best or not, the problem is the name/face is getting linked to the wrong set of attributes.

If you don't change anything, and only use the on-disc rosters with fake names, then you won't face any issues. The best bowlers will bowl, and the best batsmen should score runs.

What about user created teams? The AI is automatically picking Arthur Morris and Victor Trumper to bowl regularly over Richie Benaud and Alan Davidson in my career. Do I have to leave the batting line up to how it is automatically when you create a new one?

BY different teams in career mode does this mean we can play the faysal bank

Hi guys, just a quick question, when is the 1st patch releasing? What will the patch cover?

Kind Regards
Riz

Its your choice, but bug is common in most of the games, I hope it will get rectified with patch release..Otherwise the game is super fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread