Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that when I'm looking for business investors, I immediately go to discussion forums and look for the individuals with the worst communication skills imaginable.

Take him up on it @Ross

Just bowled a double wicket maiden 3rd over in the spell and the game took me out of the attack for another 20 overs WTF seriously WTF

Just my observation from the videos but I think the problem with fielder's throwing from the boundary is just that they throw the ball far too flat. If the ball was given more of a high arc and thereby more 'hangtime' I think that would probably cure the problem.

Just my observation from the videos but I think the problem with fielder's throwing from the boundary is just that they throw the ball far too flat. If the ball was given more of a high arc and thereby more 'hangtime' I think that would probably cure the problem.

yes, this is a huge problem, and as i mentioned in one of my reports the throw is the same regardless of the throw animation - an overarm throw from a stable base and a backwards flick out the hand on the run have a same result - laser guided missile to the bottom of middle stump.

that being said, i did get a quick single yesterday which is in my t20 video... albeit on amateur difficulty.

----------

i don't seem to recall there being this issue from the play session videos... maybe it was created by something that changed in the original day-one patch that became part of the release?

because for example although most people didn't have very long with the game so might have missed it, the twistie3 video was much longer, and was "retail minus day one patch" and didn't seem to have these issues?

yes, this is a huge problem, and as i mentioned in one of my reports the throw is the same regardless of the throw animation - an overarm throw from a stable base and a backwards flick out the hand on the run have a same result - laser guided missile to the bottom of middle stump.

that being said, i did get a quick single yesterday which is in my t20 video... albeit on amateur difficulty.

----------

i don't seem to recall there being this issue from the play session videos... maybe it was created by something that changed in the original day-one patch that became part of the release?

because for example although most people didn't have very long with the game so might have missed it, the twistie3 video was much longer, and was "retail minus day one patch" and didn't seem to have these issues?

Its almost as if I have a different version of the game than you guys... I have day one patch btw. I regularly run 2's where I run 1 for the throw, I think, tonight instead of playing the game I'm going to look at some youtube videos, maybe I'm just easily pleased :lol

I have done the same before on VET and LEGEND but it gets pretty boring.

haha that shot of the pads is so easy and when you combine it with poor AI field placements and a big majority of balls being down the leg side its just abusing a weakness in the game.

Yeah i score more doing a front foot pull and leg glance than any other shots, if they fix the AI bowling to much down leg then the fields need fixing also and not as many short balls. This will make it play better but could make the game to easy or to hard.

I would also agree that the bowling is a little unbalanced against the batting but unlike you i know Bigant will patch it so i don't have to sound like a broken record.

----------

Its almost as if I have a different version of the game than you guys... I have day one patch btw. I regularly run 2's where I run 1 for the throw, I think, tonight instead of playing the game I'm going to look at some youtube videos, maybe I'm just easily pleased :lol

I run 3s and a few 4s all the time, and score singles also. Blocker just needs a little more time with the game. After the AI throwing and hitting the stumps like 70% of the time is fixed then fast singles should improve also too.

Ross, I think you should update that first post and edit the template to ask people to be objective. Too many people moaning about the problem more than stating the problem. If someone says i found an error and the fielder is running wrong way or something then there is no need for them to tell you how they feel about it. I am pretty sure if you reported the problem it is bothering you. If you want to tell someone how you feel about it, get a girlfriend and start talking about feelings.

The game is the first instalment. It was probably started from scratch. Let's go look at the first FIFA game from 1990's and see how they improved. The most sensible thing for anyone would be to hope for improvement in the next edition. Big Ant already announced they are going to do a patch.

If I was Big Ant, I would just release one patch and start working on the next edition. You are getting 2 patches. The game has bugs but is enjoyable. If you want to moan about how crap the game is, go play ashes.

Mode: All/Career
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.1
Ground: All
Teams: Derb vs Kent
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:

Upper half of letters missing when game is first loaded; resolved upon game restart

Attachments

• 20140410_133537.jpg
    20140410_133537.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140410_133754.jpg
    20140410_133754.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20140410_133828.jpg
    20140410_133828.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140410_133856.jpg
    20140410_133856.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140410_133910.jpg
    20140410_133910.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20140410_133923.jpg
    20140410_133923.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 3
Ross, I think you should update that first post and edit the template to ask people to be objective. Too many people moaning about the problem more than stating the problem. If someone says i found an error and the fielder is running wrong way or something then there is no need for them to tell you how they feel about it. I am pretty sure if you reported the problem it is bothering you. If you want to tell someone how you feel about it, get a girlfriend and start talking about feelings.

The game is the first instalment. It was probably started from scratch. Let's go look at the first FIFA game from 1990's and see how they improved. The most sensible thing for anyone would be to hope for improvement in the next edition. Big Ant already announced they are going to do a patch.

If I was Big Ant, I would just release one patch and start working on the next edition. You are getting 2 patches. The game has bugs but is enjoyable. If you want to moan about how crap the game is, go play ashes.
Comparing it to a game from the 90s is stupid. People giving the game a pass for being a first effort are ignoring the fact the game costs more than aaa releases on xbox one or ps4. If the game were priced like an indie game it would be ok but the game has to to rated against simikar priced competition. As a big cricket fan I'm enjoying the game but let's be honest it's a pretty big let down and feels like a $20 indie game.

Comparing it to a game from the 90s is stupid. People giving the game a pass for being a first effort are ignoring the fact the game costs more than aaa releases on xbox one or ps4. If the game were priced like an indie game it would be ok but the game has to to rated against simikar priced competition. As a big cricket fan I'm enjoying the game but let's be honest it's a pretty big let down and feels like a $20 indie game.

i think that's unfair. it's a bloody good game, with some wonderful touches. i don't give it a pass on being a first iteration, because i consider that's an excuse only for lacking bells and whistles not getting elements wrong. i think they have got massively more things right than wrong, and it's a quality game and a fun, challenging experience right now today.

it has some issues, including a few biggies, but they are committed to patch them and look to have one in the offing already.

given they have said this first patch is an unplanned one, and there is a second planned patch to come later, i would imagine after those two you're gonna have an outstanding game on your hands, and in the meantime you've got a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread