Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not read all the posts so i don't really know whether someone has already put this up on the forum, nevertheless here goes

Mode:Competition
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): At second innings start
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Mumbai Indians v Sunrisers Hyderabad (Downloaded from Player Academy)
Get Best:No
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10):
Description of Issue: I was playing as MI, SH won the toss batted first and posted 160 i guess. It was my turn to bat i played the first over and it started to rain, when i came out to bat again it said need 114 from 12 overs (D/L). Which was fun and made it interesting. I made the required runs in the designated overs, but as soon as i was done, it announced that SH had won the match by 55 runs. :eek::eek::eek:

The whole rain affected D/L system seems fun but this glitch cost me :(:(:(

----------

i think that's unfair. it's a bloody good game, with some wonderful touches. i don't give it a pass on being a first iteration, because i consider that's an excuse only for lacking bells and whistles not getting elements wrong. i think they have got massively more things right than wrong, and it's a quality game and a fun, challenging experience right now today.

it has some issues, including a few biggies, but they are committed to patch them and look to have one in the offing already.

given they have said this first patch is an unplanned one, and there is a second planned patch to come later, i would imagine after those two you're gonna have an outstanding game on your hands, and in the meantime you've got a very good one.

Totally agree, by far the best cricket game and most realistic. Minor teething issues but nothing a good patch won't fix :cheers

Comparing it to a game from the 90s is stupid. People giving the game a pass for being a first effort are ignoring the fact the game costs more than aaa releases on xbox one or ps4. If the game were priced like an indie game it would be ok but the game has to to rated against simikar priced competition. As a big cricket fan I'm enjoying the game but let's be honest it's a pretty big let down and feels like a $20 indie game.

Taking what he said so literally is stupid...

He is not comparing the games itself, he is comparing the development life cycles of games, Fifa had to go through loads of iterations to get to where it is today.

It is mind blowingly unrealistic to expect ANYBODY to develop a game based on a intricate sport like cricket, from scratch and have it be perfect. At their very first go they have produced the best cricket game I've ever played and it was worth every freakin cent!

Instead of focusing on whats wrong with the game, lets all take a step back for minute and look at all the game changing, genre defining features DBC brings to the party...

NOW, think about where this franchise could be in lets say 2 iterations from now, UNBELIEVABLE :clap

Just my observation from the videos but I think the problem with fielder's throwing from the boundary is just that they throw the ball far too flat. If the ball was given more of a high arc and thereby more 'hangtime' I think that would probably cure the problem.

The fielding issues aren't about returning the ball from the boundary, it comes back in about the expected time. It's take pretty much any fielder not on the boundary will almost always be spot on with a direct hit from any angle. Even on the boundary they hit a lot as well, but that's part of the overall issue there.

The ball gets plenty of hang time from what I've seen.

----------

A $20 indie game.

I need to start buying more indie games then.

If an indie game were as good as this game I'd more than happily spend $100 on it.

Taking what he said so literally is stupid...

He is not comparing the games itself, he is comparing the development life cycles of games, Fifa had to go through loads of iterations to get to where it is today.

It is mind blowingly unrealistic to expect ANYBODY to develop a game based on a intricate sport like cricket, from scratch and have it be perfect. At their very first go they have produced the best cricket game I've ever played and it was worth every freakin cent!

Instead of focusing on whats wrong with the game, lets all take a step back for minute and look at all the game changing, genre defining features DBC brings to the party...

NOW, think about where this franchise could be in lets say 2 iterations from now, UNBELIEVABLE :clap

My point exactly. Going forward it is just getting better.

Not so much a bug, but something a bit unrealistic.

When hitting aggressive shots, really very, very high skied balls tend to happen more often than they should. I know to a large degree this comes down to timing of the player, but sometimes it's just too frequent and some of the arcs are a little less than realistic looking.

It just seems that they get hit far further straight up at times than would be likely for the shot played. Sometimes it'll cheat the field and you think they should have a catch and it'll keep going up and up and up.

Also, for another issue. I played on a lower difficulty to play a really long innings with a batsman and he got 192. During all of that innings, they said his surname in the commentary maybe 2-3 times. Could just be something that needs a tweak. Especially with all those names recorded. :)

I've seen the ball travel in some weird arcs, One where it half-boomerang'd to a fielder on the full. I think it's more an animation glitch though, because when I switched cameras to alternate views of the same thing, it looked just fine - but from the Far Batting Camera and the Fielder POV replays, it looked like it was warping to the player...

...I've had a few "caught on the boundary" where the fielder moved at a ridiculous pace to get a ball that should really have gone for at least four. I think it's something, again, once the fielding is toned way the hell down, should be easily solved.

Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best:Yes
Description: I see people talk about the super fielders and the throws from any position and angle. I wanted to know to something about the spinners doing more damages. batting in any difficulty I can bat without losing a single wicket or upto a couple of wickets until the fast bowlers are doing the bowling. Once the spinner comes into the attack I start losing one to three wickets in a single over. Even if I defend the ball i am getting out LBW or caught behind. I tried palying aggressive shots initially but later I stareted defeding the spinners. Frustrating thing is a spinner took 9 wickets for 5 runs in four overs even when i defended all his deliveries. Is this only happening to me or anyone else having the same issue

Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best:Yes
Description: I see people talk about the super fielders and the throws from any position and angle. I wanted to know to something about the spinners doing more damages. batting in any difficulty I can bat without losing a single wicket or upto a couple of wickets until the fast bowlers are doing the bowling. Once the spinner comes into the attack I start losing one to three wickets in a single over. Even if I defend the ball i am getting out LBW or caught behind. I tried palying aggressive shots initially but later I stareted defeding the spinners. Frustrating thing is a spinner took 9 wickets for 5 runs in four overs even when i defended all his deliveries. Is this only happening to me or anyone else having the same issue

Go to the nets and practice against spin. You will see you need to play very late to get good timing.

Go to the nets and practice against spin. You will see you need to play very late to get good timing.

I tried that buddy. Iam doing pretty well in the nets but when coming to gameplay, spin is totally destructing the gameplay

It does seem that the bowler gets too a few too many shots near them. They don't catch many, but they stop an awful lot with lightning reflexes.

I guess that's one of those balance things for them to look at later though.

I tried that buddy. Iam doing pretty well in the nets but when coming to gameplay, spin is totally destructing the gameplay

I think its only you, I score most of my runs against the spinners and hardly ever get out to them, mostly loose wickets against the quicks.

I have a real problem with the player not sliding his bat when a run is cancelled. You don't cancel a run because there is time to wander back into the crease so I don't think it is unreasonable for a player to actually get there with a sense of urgency

I think its only you, I score most of my runs against the spinners and hardly ever get out to them, mostly loose wickets against the quicks.

Ok let me try the nets against the spin again. Meanwhile can we team up and play. I can play the quickies and you can play the spin :lol :cheers

I have a real problem with the player not sliding his bat when a run is cancelled. You don't cancel a run because there is time to wander back into the crease so I don't think it is unreasonable for a player to actually get there with a sense of urgency

I've noticed this too. Even if having the sprint modifier made them ground their bat when cancelling a run maybe? Might be something for them to look into for a future patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread