Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other cricket games had more simplistic controls so never an issue

How the hell do you guys bat in Pro Difficulty ? It's too hard always missing / getting bowled... etc.... any tips ?

p.s why the both batsmen dive at once when you press the triangle button ?

Mode: Offline 2-player
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Was supposed to be a T20 game. But it rained before the toss and the message displayed 12 overs remaining. But in the second innings, the RRR and ball remaining indicated second innings had 16 overs.
Ground: Don't remember (selected Random)
Teams: Sussex vs Nor..some..shire
Get Best: Yes, with a few hand-picked players but not for the sides mentioned above
Description of Issue:
As mentioned above, it supposed to be a T20 game. But it rained before the toss and the message displayed 12 overs remaining.
Now, the first innings finished in 11.2 overs so never got to know if it was a 12/16/20 over innings. Moreover, I remember bowling 2,2,2,2,3 over by bowlers respectively and hence didn't get bugged for bowling restrictions.
But in the second innings, the RRR and ball remaining indicated second innings had 16 overs. I couldn't find any screen(scoreboard or otherwise) where number of remaining overs were stated.
As I chased down the target in 10.1 overs, I'm still not sure if it was a 12/16/20 over game.

Any tips on where can I see overs remaining in case it happens next time?

im not talking about cricket games im talking about every other game ever made.

Only play sports games and they use left analogue for swinging , hitting ball, moving players etc so it's not a problem

In fairness finding dbc14 ok but would prefer left analogue for shot direction and delivering ball but hardly game breaker

Can anyone please help dbc 14 freezes up after a match and sometimes in the startup menu anhow can i fix this is it that my disk is faulty or something to do with the game itself lovimg the game its awesome but this is really annoying :( :(

I go onto my academy into team manager and theres five team names on top of the list called iiiiiiiiiiiii there rated no stars i move down with the d pad onto the team and it freezes my game its happened before than i reset my academy and started again now 3-4 days later it has happenened again :( :(

How the hell do you guys bat in Pro Difficulty ? It's too hard always missing / getting bowled... etc.... any tips ?

p.s why the both batsmen dive at once when you press the triangle button ?

I had the same issue for the last 2 days but then I got a lot better last night. In amateur difficulty you don't need to use left stick for backfoot/frontfoot because its done automatically. But you always ALWAYS have to choose backfoot/front foot in pro difficulty, that made a huge difference for my batting because before that I couldn't even make contact with the ball. You dont have to wait for the ball to pitch either, just hold up or down on left stick even before ball is bowled, i mostly play back foot shots. Also I think its better to try and time your shots as late as possible, hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Seems silly, but despite playing the nets while waiting for the game I'm finding batting nigh on impossible in career mode (playing as a bowling all-rounder). Help?!

I also try to upload my created team onto the server an alert comes up saying " the table'players' is full" and it doesnt let me upload the team to the server

@WEEVZ Go on the front foot before bowler delivers then you only have to worry about the bat starter doing this my avg went from 5 to 35 in career

Seems silly, but despite playing the nets while waiting for the game I'm finding batting nigh on impossible in career mode (playing as a bowling all-rounder). Help?!

This is on purpose. You are 16 years old playing for a state team, I know it sucks right now but stick with it mate. Don't expect any high scores for a while, just be patient.

Its not silly, it's super hard. Play casual matches against worse teams to practice.
Play a lot of leg side graces. Play entirely off the front foot.

* Sometimes the controls are either non responsive or perform a shot they weren't suppose to

(i.e. I was trying to hit the ball to the leg side playing on front foot. Instead the batsman hit a sweep shot. On another occasion while trying to do the same the batsman just didn't respond & got out).

* I also caught a fielder moon walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread