Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit baffled why people are playing only T20 or short over matches. You're seeing the extremes of the AI in those games... Why not load up a 50 over match or start a Test, I think that would give you a better idea. Appreciate the "anomalies" being reported so far, I'm not terribly convinced the "source" of some of them are... erm... reliable...

Big Ant, (not sure if this is an issue, though I think it is?) I'm playing Career mode as a bowling all-rounder who bowls Fast and bats at 8 (I certainly put a lot more effort into my bowling than my batting). Why does my captain (Graeme Smith, Surrey) still bowl his first/second/even third-change bowlers before bringing me in to bowl in the 60th over most of the time? He even bowls himself (I'm sure Smith isn't a bowler) for 20 overs or so before bringing me in. Is that normal (though I doubt that because I'm a 140kph pace bowler and my job is a bowling all rounder) or?

I think this could be related to the other issue being discussed about the attributes/roles in Career Mode. If I am not mistaken, the career mode video by Matt (during the public playsession) showed a similar problem where he was not asked to bowl at all.

Big Ant, (not sure if this is an issue, though I think it is?) I'm playing Career mode as a bowling all-rounder who bowls Fast and bats at 8 (I certainly put a lot more effort into my bowling than my batting). Why does my captain (Graeme Smith, Surrey) still bowl his first/second/even third-change bowlers before bringing me in to bowl in the 60th over most of the time? He even bowls himself (I'm sure Smith isn't a bowler) for 20 overs or so before bringing me in. Is that normal (though I doubt that because I'm a 140kph pace bowler and my job is a bowling all rounder) or?

This is due to the career mode linking of players, which Big Ant has already acknowledged is a problem. That at least explains why Smith is bowling a lot. Not sure how it affects the career player.

revolutions you are imparting on the ball

can be turned off in the options hud elements .

----------

whats the difficulty level you are playing with? that might have something to do with it , try playing at pro or veteran.

------------------------------

1. but it seems awkward as in real only speedometer looks good whereas in game it vary with 180 to 3500 , if that is teh case then there must be option to turn rpm on for spinners or off, (customizable)

2. no i turned off everything but still red circle remains there after shot being played

3. i am playing at pro level

For all you guys complaining about the slow running and stumpings and players not getting back in the crease, READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!

There is a sprint button, this acts as the button which sprints whilst running and it also slides the bat for quick singles!! Also, this solves the issues with it taking a second for you to see where the ball is, because with the delay, you can start sprinting and slide your bat and you will make the single easily

also, for stumping, there is a button that makes you get back into your crease quickly, as soon as you miss the ball you press this button and your player gets back into the crease, it may be the same button as sprint but i am not sure

This will solve all your problems re: run out, stumpings, and the delay for seeing where the ball goes and being able to make a single

Ive watched 2 videos so far and all i see is a batsmen trodding down the wicket for a single when i KNOW there is a sprint button which you could turn your lazy ones into two's and also slide your bat when entering the crease

It amazes Ross hasnt pointed this out already as he told me like 10 times during the playsession to make sure i was sprinting to slide my bat / get back into the crease against spinners

Madman the thread is about reporting issues and in order to get more stable iterations of the game. Running between the wickets is an issue, a comfortable single should be a comfortable single. Nobody here wants to whine but reporting issues within the game is important so the developers get Feedback from players.

It's not an"anomalie" or "bug" if you're not playing the game properly...

But we're being told that the only way to ensure your non-striker teammate doesn't get run out is to make him sprint back every ball.

Call it a bug or not, it's not a good gameplay element. People will aim to bat for a long time and will need to concentrate on making runs, particularly on high difficulties. To be forced to quickly press a button or two after every shot, just to prevent your partner from being an idiot, isn't going to be fun.

I can imagine the frustration of having your 100 run partnership broken because you forgot this.

There's not much to complain about at this point since I have only played a practice game and a 5-over match but there is one thing that could prove helpful for those who haven't played a cricket game before.

The control guide for batting on view on the top right corner always assumes one is using the [BEHIND] camera angle, even when I had changed it to broadcast. That makes coming to terms with the guide a tad bit more difficult. Only if this could be adjusted so as to ensure the guide is aligned with the camera angle, this would prevent confusion in the minds of those who still rely on the guide when they play.

To be forced to quickly press a button or two after every shot, just to prevent your partner from being an idiot, isn't going to be fun.
Indeed. If you're within an effortless arm movement from the crease, you should have your bat grounded without additional input.

One of the videos I saw was a bit odd because it seemed like a last second run cancellation did it - but the other had a batsman standing the wrong way around but luckily walked over to the right side of the line when the bails were taken off.

Indeed. If you're within an effortless arm movement from the crease, you should have your bat grounded without additional input.

One of the videos I saw was a bit odd because it seemed like a last second run cancellation did it - but the other had a batsman standing the wrong way around but luckily walked over to the right side of the line when the bails were taken off.

I'd suggest no additional input.

If I'm batting in real life at the non-striker's end, I back up a long way but as soon as I see a full ball and my opponent going forward for a drive, I start heading back.

It is nice to see players back up in this game, as previous games showed them getting ready but never backing up. However, I'd probably rather they stuck to their crease instead of frequent and annoying run outs.

This is made more problematic by the AI seemingly getting a lot of direct hits when throwing.

My friend it is a bug, because the player isn't out for a stroll or walk in the park. Could you define a comfortable single for me? There are some issues with the AI in the game; you have to accept that. The Game is not perfect by any means thus the thread "Issues and Anomalies"

My friend it is a bug, because the player isn't out for a stroll or walk in the park. Could you define a comfortable single for me? There are some issues with the AI in the game; you have to accept that. The Game is not perfect by any means thus the thread "Issues and Anomalies"

What you're describing isn't a bug. You're describing a gameplay mechanic which you don't particularly like or enjoy.

What you're describing isn't a bug. You're describing a gameplay mechanic which you don't particularly like or enjoy.

Perhaps, although the naming of it isn't too important. It also is related to the way in which the batsman grounds his bat, which seems to be wrong. The bat is hovering over the line whilst the foot comes down. Maybe the odd idiot batsman would do that but not the majority. This seems to be why you have to sprint back, so he does a dramatic slide of the bat to get back into the crease.

It just adds an element of stress to the game, and not fun stress like you should have when facing a star bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread