Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're describing isn't a bug. You're describing a gameplay mechanic which you don't particularly like or enjoy.

No no no...its a bug alright because it interferes with normal game-play. Anything that interferes with normal game-play can be classified as a bug.

I already get the feeling this is not going to be a thread I frequent very much. It all reads like stuff people who are grappling with a learning curve on a game would experience...

Again, not "bugs"

Only ones that sound dodgy is the career/roster issue and perhaps the runout one. Haven't played the game, so whatever. Matt do you remember the runout thing being an issue in the play session?

This runout thing reminds me of AC 09 and Cricket 2004. There were too many runouts especially for the AI opponents.

I already get the feeling this is not going to be a thread I frequent very much. It all reads like stuff people who are grappling with a learning curve on a game would experience...

Again, not "bugs"

Only ones that sound dodgy is the career/roster issue and perhaps the runout one. Haven't played the game, so whatever. Matt do you remember the runout thing being an issue in the play session?

Biggs dont get me wrong here, i like the game alot but it has its flaws (bugs whatever you wanna call em) that the developers need to patch. Running between the wickets and broadcast camera need to be looked at again. Once people start playing they will understand and thus need to report any issues so we can get patches.

Seriously just give some time and get used to the game. We wanted a tough game and when we get it, you start complaining. Its just a learning curve.
Anyone who has played "Prince Of Persia Warrior Within" would remember just how frequently they used to die by jumping wrongly or tripping from some ledge. Later everyone got used to it and avoiding a close fall or making accurate jump had their own thrill. Then came Prince of Persia in 2010 where you literally cannot die. Everytime you trip or make a wrong jump, your companion would magically pick you up and drop you at a safe place. :facepalm
That safety mechanic literally killed the game.

In my preview I noted you need to be quick on the return to crease button, but never noticed runners falling short.

If i understand the controls correctly, there is a button to slide your bat in. So if you are jogging for a run and dont slide the bat it, it is your fault. It happens in real life too where players forget to slide the bat and get run out. This is part of game. Imagine playing against your friend and match going down to the last over where you distract him or under pressure he forgets to slide the bat in and hence run out :thumbs

Sliding the bat in is cricket 101. That's not a bug, it's lazy user input. I understand not wanting to do it all the time but should be default for most singles as in real cricket. The 'return to crease' thing and falling short from the non striker end however seems like more of a hassle than it's worth. That could easily be automated I imagine...

Just noticed a bug, in the loading screens where it shows the weather and humidity for different parts of the day it was something like this:

Morning: 18c
Afternoon: 208c (outlandish humidity levels)
Evening: 258c (same humidity levels)
Night: 20c

Not really a problem, but I don't want to be playing cricket on the surface of the Sun! ;) haha.

(Career mode, Surrey vs Yorkshire at Melbourne). That reminds me of another thing.. why is the English County season in Career mode also played in grounds in Australia only? Haha

Eh, and another bug. My fast bowling all-rounder has been averaging around ~ 7 ish per wicket with an awesome economy rate, picked up 9 wickets in my previous game. We batted first in this game, I scored a duck, and in the opposition's batting innings I did not get to bowl a single over at all (even though I'm the opening bowler for the team, first change at worst). I thought Graeme Smith (my skipper) bowling me in the 60th over was an insult enough.. until he decided to completely not bowl me at all! :(

Hopefully this isn't due to that roster issue that we've been talking about earlier? Not sure.

Again, not "bugs"

Luckily the thread topic doesn't mention 'bugs' but the broader topic of 'issues & anomalies' ;)

I think that having to babysit your idiot non-striker partner counts as an 'issue'.

Sliding the bat in is cricket 101. That's not a bug, it's lazy user input. I understand not wanting to do it all the time but should be default for most singles as in real cricket. The 'return to crease' thing and falling short from the non striker end however seems like more of a hassle than it's worth. That could easily be automated I imagine...

I think that the main problem is that the default 'return to crease' animation/action has the batsman hover his bat in the air for ages whilst stepping over the crease. This will probably lead to run outs. And anyway, you initiate this action with user input, but then it is the batsman who is 'lazy' with this animation. Instead, you need to make him sprint back, leading to an awkward lunging action every time.

Yeah that part should be automated after a few seconds of delay. Lets suppose wait for 1 sec for user input and if he doesnt then do the automated return. Thus people would put the effort in pressing the button would have more chance of surviving a stumping or runout at non strikers end. Making it completely automated would take some fun away from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread