Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you BigAnt. Now because of you i have a stalker on my own on IVG. :spy For last few days the guy has been constantly messaging me stuff like :
"Why you went offline on PSN"
"Why are you not playing today"
"I can see your match score"
"Why were you last seen 1 day ago on PSN"
And so on.

----------

I think the Sunglasses while bowling should be removed...Its ok when its a spinner but not fast bowler....

I think it is on fast bowlers too mostly in munkeymomo's teams as he has this fetish with sunglasses :p

The field settings is a little problematic. Suddenly there are four slip fielders and forward short but the next ball they disappear. Why have slips for a 5 over game?
And forward short leg. The AI never takes them out.
This should be fixed in the patch, this is game breaking in single player mode.

Please sort the issue of the AI bowling always on the legs. Am missing playing shots like the cover drive and all. Finally now am become a leg side batsman. By default as soon as the bowler bowls am ready to flick it on the on side.

Xbox 360

Started a tour Australia vs South Africa 2014

The very first game was a odi. But it was only a 10 over a side game.

Is that just the norm for tours? Or is it just for this particular series only? Seems odd it would not be 50 a side or at least give you the option to change it.

Last edited:
Phil Hughes and Callum Ferguson open the bowling for South Australia how can this be changed?

Every ball the AI bowls to me in Career Mode is down the leg side. All I can seem to do is flick it to fine leg but when the AI bowls to my AI partner there is variety of offside and leg side bowling as well straight.

Thank you BigAnt. Now because of you i have a stalker on my own on IVG. :spy For last few days the guy has been constantly messaging me stuff like :
"Why you went offline on PSN"
"Why are you not playing today"
"I can see your match score"
"Why were you last seen 1 day ago on PSN"
And so on.

Hilarious, can't you ignore on psn?
By the way you were online on wataap few mins ago why didn't you reply?:lol

So I am playing in multiplayer, facing a free hit, get caught & the umpires rules that i am out.

----------

the fielders slide too much... need fixing, right?

Yes, it needs fixing. We don't just want sliding anymore. We want synchronized sliding like Afridi & Umar Gul :yes

So I am playing in multiplayer, facing a free hit, get caught & the umpires rules that i am out.

----------

Yes, it needs fixing. We don't just want sliding anymore. We want synchronized sliding like Afridi & Umar Gul :yes

Lol Hope PC version will be all fixed . :thumbs

Yes I observed it too. It always shows the team on the left side during the initial selection screen on the top in the scorecard.

I think the scorecard thing absolutely needs to be flipped, having the first innings down the bottom is wrong, it makes it incredibly difficult to read. Also, one thing I would like to see is a mini-scorecard pop-up during the game, rather than the cut-scenes of the stadium @mikeymerren. Whilst I enjoy the visuals and don't get me wrong, they're AMAZING, a quick-rundown of the score in a miniformat without pressing a button to access it would be appreciated. Just split it 30% stadium "glory shots" and 70% "information" you need, but in the minimal HUD approach, I think there could do with more un-prompted score updates, partnership information, that sort of thing.

Eagle vision like in Assassins Creed?!

Hmmmmm, I dunno about that. As long as it's only for a split second or something... I really like how it's tough to find gaps and identify fielders. That's how it is in the sport for real. I would be hesitant to change the way it's replicated, I'm beginning to enjoy the challenge and being out-thought by the AI. Maybe an option, if it that sorta thing IS introduced, to turn it off... because I'm enjoying the element of guesswork, so to speak.

the batting learning curve is insurmountable. There's an element of guessing and chance for almost every ball.

Completely disagree. The batting learning curve is spot-on perfect... I'm assuming you haven't had much time with the DBC Beta, but majority of folks here have had months with it, and we're still struggling in some areas. So it's perfect for longevity, if you want an easier batting experience, turn down the difficulty level. I think bowling needs a little tweaking (for the opposite reason to what I provided above, it hasn't been changed at all by community feedback) and I think the difficulty level could be raised slightly to match batting in higher difficulty levels, but batting is the one area I would not change on iota. It just works, the control scheme, everything.

In cricket, there is always an element of "guesswork" involved and thats how it should be, you have to make a split-second decision as to how you play each delivery and that is accurately reflected in this game, with a little assist being provided in the lower levels.

I'm playing on "Pro" and I'm finding it just the right mix of challenging and fun.

I wasn't allowed to do any commentary or shouting as apparently I am not kid friendly and we needed to keep our G rating

I get the impression, somewhere in the bowels of the BigAnt sound recording files there's a session with Ross' appeals loaded full with "F%#K it, you're gone!" and "Yeah, piss off outta here!"

WOW seems to be a lot of bugs, complaints appearing now after a few days playing.
Did'nt bigant test this game at all.:D

too much of a good thing becomes annoying too :) just saying!

True. Though -as many other players have - I have identified a few issues in the game, and some of them seem big. I just posted the list on another thread, but it seems this is the more appropriate thread for that, so pasting the points here, too.

1. Almost all the time when a fielder dives to catch the ball, the commentators say that he saved an absolute boundary, even if the ball is crawling within the 30-yard circle.

2. I was playing offline 2-player game, I missed a ball, the 2nd player hit the stumps while I was within my crease. After the bails were broken, I started running, but I was declared run-out.

3. Don't want to sound like a broken record, but every bowler bowls straight and leg-side lines, no outside off-stump bowling.

4. For me, I guess the AI field settings is probably the biggest issue. It would be better to have only 4-5 preset settings, instead of dozens of presets, provided if they are more realistic and accurate as real-time cricket. Too many close catchers, short-leg and slips, make it really easy to exploit runs and fielders.

5. Fielders, especially the bowler, is almost always super-human when it comes to catching and stopping the balls.

6. I haven't seen (yet) a keeper missing the way-down-the-leg-side wide ball.

7. The replays need a major overhaul. I guess, the frequency needs to be toned down to make them more special. More importantly, if you hit a six, or if there is an awesome catch in the deep or an excellent stop at the boundary, the replays don't focus on that. They always focus on the shot, all the times.

8. It would be good to have a few more options - or at least one better fielding camera option. Sometimes, it becomes extremely hard to judge a run right after you hit the ball. Sure the broadcast fielding camera works, but it seems ugly (sorry).

9. A very important one! The defensive shot should be revamped. It should be much more simple to play a dot ball. Something on the lines of "ducking/leaving" the ball. So, as in real life, if you're in no position to play a shot, you should be able to just block it. Currently, playing the defensive shot has the same mechanics as a playing an aggressive shot - which, if you think, doesn't make much sense.

10. It is almost impossible to see the fielders in the deep (while looking in the 1st person view before the ball is delivered). I always somehow miss one or two fielders and play a shot where I thought the boundary is uncovered, only to be caught in the deep. There should be a mini-radar sort of thing for that. A good idea is to add a fade-in when the bowler starts running, and the radar fades out before the bowler is about to jump.

11. There should be a few more pop-ups of the scorecard, runs, partnerships, comparisons during the gameplay.

12. There should be some sort of automatic setting which brings in the Spiderwheel, Manhattan graph, run-rate bar, etc. during the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread