Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ross,

I reckon using something like Debuggle or Bugzilla for tracking bugs would have kept things a bit more organized and streamlined. Just my two cents...

A ticket tracking system probably would be very useful; but it would need some form of moderation to get rid of duplicate tickets, or idiots going "MY KEYBOARD DOESN'T WORK!!!" in a few months...

A ticket tracking system probably would be very useful; but it would need some form of moderation to get rid of duplicate tickets, or idiots going "MY KEYBOARD DOESN'T WORK!!!" in a few months...

Fair enough mate. I suppose it is wishful thinking to hope that people use the 'search' feature to minimize duplicity. But surely it would be a lot better than sifting through 160+ pages (dynamic and growing), and help keep updates and further development on track.

It's only at 48 pages with the same bugs being reported and only a few rare ones... So I don't think it's too much work for these guys at the moment. They're members as well as Devs these days and will be reading these threads regardless... Less steps for us to jump through to engage in community feedback, works for everyone.

Are many people still saying the AI bowls leg side too much?

Cos I havent had any of that. I do get a few balls down leg and thats easy runs but most of the balls are at off or middle stump or outside off. Could it be that its too easy to walk across and flick it to leg? Do some people realise how little margin outside the off stump there is cos i always miss the ball and it passes outside off quite often...

Just sayin...

Hi Ross,

I reckon using something like Debuggle or Bugzilla for tracking bugs would have kept things a bit more organized and streamlined. Just my two cents...

We use Hansoft internally and I wouldn't expose that to external people without training.

I have experience with using Bugzilla but also wouldn't expose it without training.

It would be nice to have one thread where the only posts allowed are in the template format.

Hi ross can I ask you if we will be able to share created tours and competitions through the cricket academy

I think that would be much appreciated by all, especially me :)

BTW We are to pull the first patch for Career and put some other stuff in there too. More detail on that to follow.

This is because field placement is different for every batsman you face. Once you set up your field for a particular batsman, it should not change (doesn't for me). Only when a new batsman comes on do I have to re-set my field.

I also experience the change of bowling side from over and around.. even during the same over to the same batsman one ball to the next when no run was scored.

The field was changing for me. Anyone else experience this?

The field was changing for me. Anyone else experience this?
When I've been randomly changed to over the wicket, that's come with a change to the field, and when I'm back around the wicket again the next ball, it is back to the field I had.

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count: N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: All
Get Best: N/A
Description of Issue: Not a bug. One of several minor issues with the game. I don't know who everyone is in the world of cricket and when I go to choose team line-ups prior to a game, I can't pick the kind of player balance I want, because the bowlers all have exactly the same icon. There's nothing to denote a spinner as opposed to a pace bowler, or what sub-class, off-spin, leg spin, Fast Medium, Fast, Medium etc, so if there were either some icon changes or their bowler type listed when picking squads, it'd be a great help. :) If it's icons I'm not sure if there's one for wicketkeepers either.

On a separate issue, I also agree with MattW's assessment of what happens with fields too. Would also like to see an option to keep field same for all bowlers, unless the player wishes to change it. Sometimes a game can take much much longer because you have to check your field all the time, partly due to no radar, so you can get unsure if anythings changed and only find out after the ball gets hit through where you thought someone was. :)

When I've been randomly changed to over the wicket, that's come with a change to the field, and when I'm back around the wicket again the next ball, it is back to the field I had.

Thanks Mattw! Hopefully it will be looked into!

Cheers

BTW We are to pull the first patch for Career and put some other stuff in there too. More detail on that to follow.

I cant wait for this patch, irts going to be bloody awesome

If i still get run out, then i will put it down to my Drunkness/stupidity!!

Ross, would really appreciate it if you can somehow patch the AI batting to be a bit more solid against user bowling. I have yet to see AI batsmen score bunch of runs against user bowling on PRO or Veteran. On a similar note, users in career mode are picking wkts way too easily. In fact even a batting all-rounder seems to be getting 4-5 wkts an innings all too often. Shouldn't be so easy to bowl out AI IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread