Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that an unfair advantage? The CPU already knows where all the fielders are! The player needs to know to make the match fair! Anyway, its not any different then having to look around. The result for both methods is the same (ie. you know where the fielders are) just the method of finding where they are is different, so how is that backwards or an unfair advantage? What you are saying doesn't make sense.
So you latch on to one word I say and put words in my mouth. I didn't even use the word unfair. I wasn't really thinking of the CPU.

Can you confirm what type of radar you are talking about in case I'm barking up the wrong tree. Do you mean when looking around the field so you can see the players easier? I'm not completely against that. Just mostly against it.

I've noticed online as well that if the opponent changes the field and quickly presses to bowl you don't even get the opportunity to look around so it's pure guesswork as to where the fielders are placed.

So you latch on to one word I say and put words in my mouth. I didn't even use the word unfair. I wasn't really thinking of the CPU.

Can you confirm what type of radar you are talking about in case I'm barking up the wrong tree. Do you mean when looking around the field so you can see the players easier? I'm not completely against that. Just mostly against it.

hehehe, yeah i mostly play against the CPU or in local multiplayer mode. In both of these matches it would make it much less of a hassle if there was a field radar showing you where the fielders are. Plus it would be fair as both get to use it.

At the moment the current system is horrible, you get like 3-4 seconds to look around, as your rotating your head the screen is also blurring out. In the end you get to see nothing, unless you stop rotating after every second. By then its already too late and the bowler is bowling.

Which makes me now feel that there should be a button to let the batsman walk away from the stumps if he's not ready to bat yet!!! :cheers

----------

Wouldnt you need to adjust it for T10 seperately?

Im almost certain that the T10 matches use the same rule sets from the t20. The tie matches just seem to go straight to Countback and no super over.

Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone actually managed to have a super over yet?

Issue with fielders.

Was batting and on my way to score my first double ton. Looked at the field and so no fielders at long off. Bowler running in so I play my shot targeting that area.
I get caught in that area where no fielder was just before.
At first I thought I missed seeing him so I checked the replay and he wasn't there with the runup but then just before the bowler releases the ball he appears out of thin air?!?

194 caught by Casper....

Mode:Casual
Match Type: 4 days
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): several occasions, 1st inns, <30 overs
Ground: SCG
Teams: Barbarians and Arosa Sri Lanka (both user created, not on disc)
Get Best: No
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): Every time
Description of Issue: Set two umpires (both downloaded players from my Umpires teams) but the same umpire was shown for every cutscene, wickets, appeals, and wides/no-balls.

-----

amazing game. seriously suck at both facing and bowling spin... need to figure that out!

Is there any problem with the server today ? i played online with nathenguest and the game got disconnected and we tried loading the saved game but still it happened at least 4 times.

By the way thank you Ross for the online save feature its really great. :clap

I've noticed online as well that if the opponent changes the field and quickly presses to bowl you don't even get the opportunity to look around so it's pure guesswork as to where the fielders are placed.

This is defnitly a VERY disturbing online tactic , and hence I still suggest some more time at least to look around , or simply bring up the Radar once you start to look around to speed up the process. Once finished , it dissapears again out of the way , for all the folks thats so in love with their clean screen. Why can this not be done ?

This is defnitly a VERY disturbing online tactic , and hence I still suggest some more time at least to look around , or simply bring up the Radar once you start to look around to speed up the process. Once finished , it dissapears again out of the way , for all the folks thats so in love with their clean screen. Why can this not be done ?

Agree with you. There should be an option of seeing the fielding radar, maybe for 3-4 secs max, as the bowler is at the top of his run-up. Looking for fielders in the outfield uing L2 puts way too much strain on the eyes and takes away a bit from the batting experience. You are so focused on trying to read the line & length, decide the front foot & back foot along with the shot selection that you don't want to focus too much on trying to figure out where the outfielders are every ball. For those who don't want the raar to pop up for a few secs, they can always turn it off in the HUD options.

Mode:Career Mode
Match Type: 4 days
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Not sure
Ground: No idea
Teams: Western Warriors and Queensland Bulls(I think)
Get Best: No
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): Yes
Description of Issue:

1.When my team is batting and I'm at the non-strikers end, the AI gets out way to often via a stumping when a spinner is bowling even if you press O (on PS3), the AI doens't put his feet back in the crease.

2. Fielders running from cover to Deep Long Off and taking a catch (super-human)

3.Way too many times that the AI gets run-out

4. AI bowling and batting (I'm at the non-strikes end), spinner bowling for the AI, batsman nicks the ball and the keeper dives and catches the ball at about 2nd gully. I have never seen a keeper with reflexes like that.

5. I would like to see more sensible batting from the AI. For example I was batting and the AI started losing wickets like mad while I was stranded at the non-strikers end. I would expect the AI to give me the strike when they can and to block it out when they can't. Instead they tried to play shots and lost their wickets.

Stumped off a fast bowler while playing a Blackfoot shot?! Keeper ran to get the ball forcing my batsman out of the crease then stumping. *sigh*

amazing game. seriously suck at both facing and bowling spin... need to figure that out!

Patience is the key, I also found clueless on my first few matches against spin but just got used to play bit late with line of the ball & now I am finding easy to rotate strikes & get the odd boundaries.

You will say other way round on Day 3 or 4. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread