Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not hurt about anything bukko... Lighten up a little. If you don't want to buy the game, don't buy the game But saying (paraphrased) "this game is full of bugs I'm not buying it" is completely and totally untrue, and you're just asking for attention, congrats you got it. "Everyone" doesn't come on here to "raise their issues". Everyone is providing feedback and helpful reports and information on the game, because guess what... we own the game. It's coolbeans.

You don't.

Your loss.

End of.

I'm not hurt about anything bukko... Lighten up a little. If you don't want to buy the game, don't buy the game But saying (paraphrased) "this game is full of bugs I'm not buying it" is completely and totally untrue, and you're just asking for attention, congrats you got it. "Everyone" doesn't come on here to "raise their issues". Everyone is providing feedback and helpful reports and information on the game, because guess what... we own the game. It's coolbeans.

You don't.

Your loss.

End of.

And again...you have a bad case of selective reading. God forbid anyone should not buy the game immediately....he must be looking for attention, yes that must be it. Really dude.

REALLY. But you don't own the game.... and you're not buying it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

@BoomBoomBoom OK, lets keep each other posted on this issue...
BTW, if you want you can add me for playing online..My PSN ID is ujjwal8281

Quick update, i actually did turn off the media server and restarted the ps3; and freed up about 6 gigs of space on the ps3 hard drive; and you know what i actually got around to finishing a T10 game. Lost to India by 1 wicket, however there was still a bit of lag and there was still some black screens but only for a quick second. Will try again tomorrow and see if ps3 hangs or not

Will add you for sure.

Yeah that's what Im hoping for as well...I understand everyone saying the game is fun and it does look fun, but I also know 7 run-outs per innings or getting a 6-for in every game I play as a 16 year old will totally waste the experience for me.

Id rather play the game without the stigma - I know all games have bugs, in fact many of the bugs people list on here really wouldn't faze me at all. But the super fielders / run-out bugs / poor AI batting isnt worth the effort and frustration.

From what Ive seen the potential is there for a wonderful game...here's to hoping most of the glaring ones get straightened out.

I think you are missing the point. Despite its flaws, none of which are game-breaking, this is the best cricket game we've had. If you are a cricket fan and especially a cricket gaming fan, this game is a must have. To put it another way, if I had to go back in time and make the call to buy DBC 14, I would do so again in a heart beat.

When the line-ups zoomed out and I saw the rain in game for the first time, I expected some cut scenes with covers on the field and creative commentary. I can't believe the game actually started and I couldn't bear to play ONE ball in the rain. That's unrealistic as hell..

Mode: Casual
Match Type: t20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): a few times
Ground: Durban Fields
Teams: barbarians vs aus rebel xi
Get Best: no
Description of Issue: Have not noticed any sound or vibration when i nick it, or sound when the opponent nicks it when i am bowling. also, on amateur level, was the keeper auto appealing for edges behind? because i got two wickets at least i would never have appealed for :)

Mode: Career
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 1st 5 overs
Ground: no idea
Teams: Warwickshire vs Gillingham CC ( My saturday team)
Get Best: no
Description of Issue: Bowling full at the stumps both deep mid on and deep mid off edge of the ring and ive had the AI hit it to them and run 4 run outs all on my player bowling. the run outs aren't even close they are barely halfway down the track.

Happened in the last 3 matches now when i bowl...

Last edited:
Well, playing on Pro and i finally made 100 runs.......i was all out mind you....but i made 100 runs. It didnt matter because i can easily bowl out the opposition for less than 60, so i will win. Hopefully the gap between batting and bowling is balanced a little better in the patch. Otherwise, loving it! :thumbs

This game is fun in a smash and grab kind of way to play with your mates for an hour or so. There really isn't much longevity in it as a cricket sim to be brutally honest even with patches i find it hard to see how they will address some of the major issues in it.

Have played it non stop for 4-5 days and have not touched it the last 2 days.

Basically once you get the hang of bowling there is no reasonable difficulty to play the game at. Only time CPU batting is anywhere near half decent is on VETERAN & LEGEND, good luck making runs on those difficulties. It is pure comedy to me that people find this to be a MINOR issue.

Only people that keep objecting to these complaints are those who have hardly played or those who have only been playing career mode where your actual involvement in the outcome of the match is probably around 20%.

Payed $99 for a cricket game where only career mode is the only thing half decent and thats all down to the fact that you do not bowl every delivery and do not face every delivery.

Game has a lot of potential but in its current state it will keep getting a lot of complaints

Last edited:
Mode: Career
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 12th over
Ground: Melbourne (i think)
Teams: renegades vs perth
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: I got an edge to the keeper, umpire gave it not out, called for the review, review had a sound on sniko and a massive edge of hotspot, umpire didn't over turn the call and it stayed not out. Was a huge edge that went straight up to the keeper not sure what happened here.

Have you turned off the bowling HUD yet or are you too busy beating the dead horse?

Righto mate ill tell you again like i did before when you stop playing the game on easy then come and talk to me.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that it is impossible to use the bowling hud on veteran and legend.

Also once you get of amateur and get used to the bowler action itself without the HUD, you will realise bowling is just as easy with or without the HUD.

Righto mate ill tell you again like i did before when you stop playing the game on easy then come and talk to me.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that it is impossible to use the bowling hud on veteran and legend.

Also once you get of amateur and get used to the bowler action itself without the HUD, you will realise bowling is just as easy with or without the HUD.

I would have assumed you'd still be playing in Pro considering you find scoring runs so difficult.

I've been playing on Pro and Veteran after those first couple of games I posted, I've already said this multiple times. But sure, stick with it.

Other people seem to be scoring runs on Pro and above. Maybe try to get better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread