Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont understand why you chose to make the gap so large between the settings.

I think the huge, perceved gap between the difficulty levels you speak of is due to the requirement to control footwork at this level. I don't think there is any good way they can have footwork control semi-assited. Either you indicate where you want your foot to go, or you let the AI do it for you.

Even at legend difficulty there is a fairly broad 'timing window'. However, especially against spin when you have what seems too much time, if you pre-mediate your shot, it will base a bit of feedback on where the ball was, or is indicating to go at the time the shot is played.

Example, if you play a leg side shot with a leg side foot placement when the ball is pitching leg but spinning back towards off, both will go miles away from the ball. However, if you do later when the ball has pitched as is much closer to the bat, your player will, in my opinion, even on legend difficulty based on the skills of the player, will adjust as much as possible to get bat onto ball.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So now people are comparing it to games like Fifa and GTA, man those games are so huge that bugs could be ignored but in a game like cricket where therez not much to do how ?an the bugs be ignored. Those games were complexed games so there is a chance that there might be sum bugs but cricket is such a simple game that many good quality cricket games are available on android even but still Big Ant creates a game with such noticable bugs, that exactly shows why Big Ant is such a famous company ?Sarcasticly? =D
And what i mentioned that was nt just any bug, it was an unavoidable mistake, the whole opposition gets run out foolishly everytime in T10, this cant be ignored. And itz the same on every difficulty so whats the use of difficulty settings.

Soz, whatz yur name again? Sinz youz sou famaz an'all.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Those games were complexed games so there is a chance that there might be sum bugs but cricket is such a simple game that many good quality cricket games are available on android even

Umm.. if it is such a simple game to make, how come Trickstar got it so wrong with Ashes Cricket 13?

Not that I've played many, but I'd assume most 'android', IOS, flash.. if not all games would be 2 dimentional in their mechanics. No physics.. just canned bowling and batting animations.

A 3D game engine with real-world physics is a complete different story, as well as programing AI mentality in field settings and actions to try and act as life-like as possible. Someone posted a redit link to a great post going into detail with how hard it is to program AI for a game, especially a sports title.

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
By not much to do, I meant that either you are hitting a shot or you are bowling so therez not much tackling and stuff like football so atleast there shouldn't be such huge mistakes that the whole team gets out idioticly in the same manner

I'm sorry but that is a stupid statement to make, you clearly do not understand the intricacies of cricket nor those of coding. Cricket probably has the most variables of any sport I can think of.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So mate if it was such an issue then why did they even provide the option of T10. And for your kind info I have been playing cricket games since 90s and many of them had 10 over matches but things were not so stupid in those games. Other developers fix the bugs and then release the gaem but these people have released the game and now asking for bugs.

So now it is okay for "bigger developers" to make mistakes with bugs when their budget on testing alone is probably close to Big Ants total budget. Even after you CLEARLY stated that other developers fix their bugs first. Mmmmmmm

Slightly contradictory if I may say so myself.

phil1987

Club Captain
Having played both in roughly equal measure (I've actually probably done more batting), the batting does seem far harder, but I am improving over time. Having racked up something of the order of 30 hours of play you'd hope I'd be somewhat proficient however. The issue I see here is mostly that the difficulty in the batting might turn some players off if they are stuck in a position of mauling the AI while bowling, but struggling while batting.

On the batting front in general though, finally got a century, with Doolan while dining on a mix of the leg side bowling and the bowlers losing 30+ km.h^-1 of pace having bowled more than 5 overs. Currently got Doolan on 103* from 75. I guess if you can't stop them bowling at your leg stump (or down the leg side), embrace it.

I have done the same before on VET and LEGEND but it gets pretty boring.

haha that shot of the pads is so easy and when you combine it with poor AI field placements and a big majority of balls being down the leg side its just abusing a weakness in the game.

Nature Boy

School Cricketer
Just tell me one thing is this huge bug going to be fixed or not ?
Everytime some fool is pointing out everything from my comment except for the bug.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just tell me one thing is this huge bug going to be fixed or not ?
Everytime some fool is pointing out everything from my comment except for the bug.

we'z a gonaa fixz them allz and becomz a famous company ?Sarcasticly? =D

Nature Boy

School Cricketer
we'z a gonaa fixz them allz and becomz a famous company ?Sarcasticly? =D

Oh that really hurt you, Im soo sorry.
You know i had been waiting for a good cricket game for so long and I expected alot from this game. Now i was on a bussiness trip and I dint have my console with me so J bought a new one just for this game, everything seemed fine except for this huge mistake. Im sorry for hurting your sentiments and as a compensation Im ready to invest in your game, if you are intrested.

Alberts

International Coach
Oh that really hurt you, Im soo sorry.
You know i had been waiting for a good cricket game for so long and I expected alot from this game. Now i was on a bussiness trip and I dint have my console with me so J bought a new one just for this game, everything seemed fine except for this huge mistake. Im sorry for hurting your sentiments and as a compensation Im ready to invest in your game, if you are intrested.

Now, Imma let you finish, but is that you Konyak East?

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
You seem to be a born critic.And what do you mean by fool.Frostyvegi? LOL

Thing is, I know I'm a fool and freely admit it.

To be honest, I know the answer to his question, but I feel he'll be happier if he looked and found the answer himself.

But.. I feel sorry for him, so yes, the issue will hopefully be addressed suitably with the patch due to come out soon.

Now i was on a bussiness trip and I dint have my console with me so J bought a new one just for this game,

Im sorry for hurting your sentiments and as a compensation Im ready to invest in your game, if you are intrested.

Wait.. you said you bought a new console to play it.. but then indicated that you have yet to invest in the game? Anyone else confused by this statement, or should I just assume what I think is correct?

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So now people are comparing it to games like Fifa and GTA, man those games are so huge that bugs could be ignored but in a game like cricket where therez not much to do how ?an the bugs be ignored. Those games were complexed games so there is a chance that there might be sum bugs but cricket is such a simple game that many good quality cricket games are available on android even but still Big Ant creates a game with such noticable bugs, that exactly shows why Big Ant is such a famous company ?Sarcasticly? =D
And what i mentioned that was nt just any bug, it was an unavoidable mistake, the whole opposition gets run out foolishly everytime in T10, this cant be ignored. And itz the same on every difficulty so whats the use of difficulty settings.

Cricket is a basic game, simple in theory. But its the intricacies that make it difficult to create a quality video game.

Things like nicking edges to slips and actually doing this with a physics system rather than the bodge job from EA Cric 07 and earlier. Making the leap from being able to tell its a video game and becoming immersed is very hard.

Teams with tens of millions of funds like EA Tiburon for Madden or EA Canada for FIFA still struggle to make things believable. For a first effort (despite me not owning the game (waiting for PC version) the current feedback is very positive) it seems to be a great foundation.

Previously I haven't had great experiences with Big Ants games, AFL Live wasn't great nor Rugby League Live. I'm very pleased to see they have taken a step up in quality and I hope it continues. Kudos. Great to have another solid aussie studio.

HB Studios and EA Sports no doubt had a much higher budget and more previous experience when it came to developing Cricket 07. Well done on your achievement here Big Ant, keep it coming. :) :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread