Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody else is having an issue with spin deliveries bowling the wrong way? My default leg break is spinning in to the RHB even on inverted settings and if I don't select any delivery with the analogue stick it still spins in to an RHB

It's just me?

Mode: career
Issue: batting average. I've played 1 T20 innings and I scored 26 not out. My batting average is 26 when it should be 0.

I have been playing all day and wanted to jot down bugs. Love this game, love the controls and the amount of content that has gone in. Would just like to see some of these resolved,

in order of how annoying they are

1. Cancelling a run , non striker just dawdle's back, usually gets run out hovering above crease

2. often when i play and miss, will get stumped without so much as moving out of my crease. "cancelling a run" results in my player doing a big loop and then definitely being out of his crease.

3. i am not convinced that batting is always accurate to what i input, i am still new to batting but it definitely doesn't feel right. plays in the wrong direction etc.

4. I have used the appeal decision several times on batting, and the replay clearly shows i wasn't out. eg caught behind when it hit my body. Still get given out anyway.

5. i was given out caught when the ball clearly rolled to the batsman

6. fielder diving to stop a boundary always just dives over the rope, no urgency to prevent the boundary

7. bowling just seems way too easy. picked up 16 wickets in my first career match, almost all lbw and bowled dismissal. bowling career seems the far best option.

8. quite poor selections from the captain from when he bowls me. I was on 8 for something and he took me off, could have got all 10. another time i had 5 for and they didn't use me for about 30 overs, rest of team didn't get any wickets.

9. unrealistic statistics in career mode. ie. batsman having the most wickets out of the AI

10. in the bradman academy statistics it lists several players twice

11. apparently the milestone trophies are bugged. not an issue yet but i guess it will be.

cheers for the great game!

Found a bug in career mode.

The target is reduced to 273 as rain has interrupted in the match, I chased the target in 24 overs with 7 wickets remaining but it's showing as AI won the match by 12 runs.

Screenshot

G7fuKYT.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been raised, not noticed it anywhere though.

Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 day
Description of Issue:
Started a career as allrounder batsman and was happily ambling about in the field for a few overs.
I seemed to pick up an achievement for a delivery that the AI bowler had just bowled though.
Think it was 5xp for a shoulder height delivery.

I haven't bowled yet so pretty sure I shouldn't have this accomplishment :)

So it looks like we're getting in-game achievements and xp for things the AI may be doing

@bigantcricket After having played hours of DB14 in the last few days, I am able to chase 170 on PRO mode. The biggest issue is with the WRONG SHOTS played by batsman.

1) for e.g. I have analog stick in the position so that the batsman should play shot at fine leg, but what happens is the batsman instead has mind of his own and plays the shot to third man. This happens almost every ball no matter if the timing is ideal, I have 4 controllers and all are new so its not a controller problem. This should be fixed in otherwise a very indulging game.

@bigantcricket After having played hours of DB14 in the last few days, I am able to chase 170 on PRO mode. The biggest issue is with the WRONG SHOTS played by batsman.

1) for e.g. I have analog stick in the position so that the batsman should play shot at fine leg, but what happens is the batsman instead has mind of his own and plays the shot to third man. This happens almost every ball no matter if the timing is ideal, I have 4 controllers and all are new so its not a controller problem. This should be fixed in otherwise a very indulging game.

Check your controller options. Depending on your camera it is either inverted or not inverted.

Mode: Offline 2-player
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Was supposed to be a T20 game. But it rained before the toss and the message displayed 12 overs remaining. But in the second innings, the RRR and ball remaining indicated second innings had 16 overs.
Ground: Don't remember (selected Random)
Teams: Sussex vs Nor..some..shire
Get Best: Yes, with a few hand-picked players but not for the sides mentioned above
Description of Issue:
As mentioned above, it supposed to be a T20 game. But it rained before the toss and the message displayed 12 overs remaining.
Now, the first innings finished in 11.2 overs so never got to know if it was a 12/16/20 over innings. Moreover, I remember bowling 2,2,2,2,3 over by bowlers respectively and hence didn't get bugged for bowling restrictions.
But in the second innings, the RRR and ball remaining indicated second innings had 16 overs. I couldn't find any screen(scoreboard or otherwise) where number of remaining overs were stated.
As I chased down the target in 10.1 overs, I'm still not sure if it was a 12/16/20 over game.

Any tips on where can I see overs remaining in case it happens next time?

I had this happen in Career during the BBL and the 2nd innings was 16 overs.

Check your controller options. Depending on your camera it is either inverted or not inverted.

I have done that, knew that already. The problem is with all the shots, while playing a hook shot aimed at square leg, the super intelligent batsman plays the shot at wide midon. This is something wrong in the game itself. have'nt you noticed it.

I have done that, knew that already. The problem is with all the shots, while playing a hook shot aimed at square leg, the super intelligent batsman plays the shot at wide midon. This is something wrong in the game itself. have'nt you noticed it.

I don't have the game, but I haven't seen anybody having that problem yet. If your settings of camera and batting controls are correct then it is just your way you apply movements on triggers. While playing in nets I used to hit a mid-on shot even though I tried to play a straight shot, but then I checked that it was my thumb that was going cross and making the trigger go towards making the ball go to mid-on. And when I tried playing it completely straight, it did go straight. So I would say nothing wrong in that, just need to get used to the controllers. I actually like that how much variety we are getting in shot selection in almost all directions.

Go into options as i bet you are playing in a broadcast view as i do sometimes.
In camera options there will be a option to invert the controls as others have pointed out and just make the box a tick and problem solved. Now enjoy the game.:thumbs

----------

No it's fine just practice in the nets as i bet your hands are a little of on the control pad. It's easy to do and we all play the wrong shot sometimes, mine is on drive when i want a leg glance. Been out like this a few times.:facepalm

Just to make things easier to identify for us, I'd like to recommend people use a template in posting their issues or anomalies.

Mode:
Match Type:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams:
Get Best:
Description of Issue:

This will help us quickly attempt to identify anything you deem to be needing a look at and potentially fix if it's deemed to be an issue, bug, anomaly or otherwise.

Any more information that you can add only helps us find it quicker.

In online mode
Many bugs i found today related to button R1 (getting out of crease)
1) If i get out of the crease (R1) and if ball bowled is wide, and i miss it, ball hits on my leg. Umpire declares it wide (both on leg / off). Happened twice in the same match.
2) Again with R1 button, if i miss-hit any shot, the ball looks like going flat (rolling)on ground and distant fielder catches it from ground, declared as out.
3) While playing FREE HIT, i came forward again with R1 button, missed, and got out (clean bowled). Umpire declared it as Wide :):):):)
Next ball FREE HIT again. :yes:yes:yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread