Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the game not cut to a helicpoter shot screen when there is a field change.The same as it does when you are bowling and there is a change between left hander and right handed batsmen. Thats usually when i notice it has changed.

Not all the time. It does so randomly and you have to look at the field every delivery to make sure the field wasn't changed between deliveries.

Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 Day (County Championship)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Tea, Day 4
Ground: Not sure, labeled as the County Ground, Northants by the team creator
Teams: Hampshire (Me) vs Northamptonshire (AI)
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Match was ended at tea on the 4th day despite there being the definite prospect of a result. Northants were batting last and required 50 odd runs with two wickets remaining. Was looking forward to an exciting end to the match but it just ended in a draw. No indication that we were taken off early for rain or anything like that. I know that in real life the Captains can agree to a draw before the end of tge scheduled hours of play on the final day so long as the mandatory minimum overs have been bowled if there is no prospect of a result but that wasn't the case here.

Last edited:
Very important, i got the game on xbox & updated the teams but now when i turn off the xbox & play the game again all the saved data is gone & it tells me to update the game again basically it deletes all my profile data. Its annoying update me on this. Please help brotherS!!!!!!!:(:mad:mad:mad:mad:noway

Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 Day (County Championship)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Tea, Day 4
Ground: Not sure, labeled as the County Ground, Northants by the team creator
Teams: Hampshire (Me) vs Northamptonshire (AI)
Description of Issue: Match was ended at tea on the 4th day despite there being the definite prospect of a result. Northants were batting last and required 50 odd runs with two wickets remaining. Was looking forward to an exciting end to the match but it just ended in a draw. No indication that we were taken off early for rain or anything like that. I know that in real life the Captains can agree to a draw at Tea on the final day if there is no prospect of a result but that wasn't the case here.

No they can't. They have to play till the mandatory overs come into effect and they can forego those if they choose to, but they can't call off the game at tea on the last day.

No they can't. They have to play till the mandatory overs come into effect and they can forego those if they choose to, but they can't call off the game at tea on the last day.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Of course you are right, not at tea but before the end of possible play as they did last week at the Rose Bowl. I've edited my issue post to reflect this.

Last edited:
Batsmen Issue

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I haven't got time to look at all the previous posts!

When a run out occurs where the batsmen have crossed, the wrong batsmen is given out. This crossing issue also means the wrong batsmen is facing after catch.

Mode: Career Mode
Match Type: Australian County, 4 days
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Not Sure
Ground: Melbourne Stadium
Teams: Vic Bushrangers( my team )
Description of Issue:

Wicket keeper, claiming a catch by itself after well pitched on the ground. I was the bowler( leg spinner ) & I did not trigger any appeal button, wicket keeper started appealing and umpire gave it out. Video is posted below for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be issues with the batting progression in the game, however lets just see how people fell about it two weeks after the first patch and then we will start to get a good idea of where people are really at.

When you bear in mind that batting has been so easy on other cricket games, I have to agree that people need to give the game a few weeks first before asking that batting becomes easier.

Patching a game does not always improve it and in rare cases can introduce other bugs (take codemasters f1 2010 tyre wear bug which was introduced and left unfixed after 2nd patch)

I do agree with the many complaints regarding bowling vs batting difficulty, fielding imbalance and drs faults but none of these are game breaking for me and I have no problem waiting for bigant to do a well thought out and constructed patch. I intend to play this game for a long time to come and so intend to also continue giving constructive feedback to enable sensible patching on an already solid game.

This is an annoying one. Had just reached the 30s for the second innings in a row when was given out runout when at no point did I leave the crease. Foot was planted and not in the air.

I could confirm this. I had a brilliant start. I was on my way to a fifty but this happened. I was so mad and I deleted the whole career. Kinda regret it because I took 5 wickets before that :facepalm I have to start meditating.

Mode: career
Match Type: county cup
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 17
Ground: Lancashire
Teams:Hampshire v surrey
Get Best: no
Description of Issue: while batting got bowled when can see clearly in replays the ball had passed straight through the bat.

Second innings got caught bat pad by keeper who jumped through the stumps without them breaking and then his arm passed through my players leg to make the catch.

Mode: Career Mode
Match Type: Australian County, 4 days
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Not Sure
Ground: Melbourne Stadium
Teams: Vic Bushrangers( my team )
Description of Issue:

Wicket keeper, claiming a catch by itself after well pitched on the ground. I was the bowler( leg spinner ) & I did not trigger any appeal button, wicket keeper started appealing and umpire gave it out. Video is posted below for reference.

Was this online?

Was this online?

No Ross, it is offline career mode. I was bowling with my career player(leg spinner) & my keeper went celebrating for the catch he took. :)

There may be issues with the batting progression in the game, however lets just see how people fell about it two weeks after the first patch and then we will start to get a good idea of where people are really at.

I would say batting doesn't need fixing... only the AI batting needs to be fixed along with the fast bowler fatigue & pace issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread