Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Keep calm and pretend you were clapping when McCullum got to 300(my bro kicked me for continuously clapping at 11:30 PM while watching live)

----------

5 Reasons why Biggs should be an admin:
1:Good artist
2:Scary(enough)
3:Not afraid to take action
4:He is(amazingly)not afraid of MattW
5:This guy gets it!:D
1 reason why Biggs shouldn't be an admin.
1:Mark my words.Many people have gone mad with power.So will this one.

For the record, Matt terrifies me. I've seen things... Prison changes a man...

Sorry King Biggs, I didn't mean to bore you.

Apology not accepted...

attachment.php

...find the door.

Attachments

• ApologyNotAccepted.png
    ApologyNotAccepted.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 372
1 reason why Biggs shouldn't be an admin.
1:Mark my words.Many people have gone mad with power.So will this one.
What do you think?

----------

For the record, Matt terrifies me. I've seen things... Prison changes a man...

Only one thing to say
LOL

----------

And BTW how did you get your rank to say'This guy gets it'?

Last edited:
I warned people the Umpires were not to be trusted.... keep your appeals - you'll need'em.

Just a quick post with a couple of videos to exemplify an earlier post.

The first video shows what happens if you press the defensive trigger + L up + R down - you inside,outside or bottom edge the ball every time (granted the video only shows three balls, but it does happen every time), despite the bat being completely straight. Yes, the right stick controls shot direction so you'd expect the ball to go backwards, but playing a defensive shot shouldn't result in edging behind every time?!

Compare that to the second video, where the defensive trigger + L up + R up are combined and you get exactly the same shot (in terms of body and bat position) but it's a solid forward defensive shot, with the balls going forward.

I'm not saying this is a bug but basically if you're going to defend don't have R stick down because you'll edge it onto your stumps or behind every time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43BQqJ17OQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7p-iCDoQLM

Just a quick post with a couple of videos to exemplify an earlier post.

The first video shows what happens if you press the defensive trigger + L up + R down - you inside,outside or bottom edge the ball every time (granted the video only shows three balls, but it does happen every time), despite the bat being completely straight. Yes, the right stick controls shot direction so you'd expect the ball to go backwards, but playing a defensive shot shouldn't result in edging behind every time?!

Compare that to the second video, where the defensive trigger + L up + R up are combined and you get exactly the same shot (in terms of body and bat position) but it's a solid forward defensive shot, with the balls going forward.

I'm not saying this is a bug but basically if you're going to defend don't have R stick down because you'll edge it onto your stumps or behind every time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43BQqJ17OQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7p-iCDoQLM

But this is how it is supposed to be. Right stick while defending specifies the direction in which you are defending the ball. If you pull the RS back, the ball will travel back. If you move RS up the ball will be defended in that direction. In fact if you defend the ball right or left (RS left or right) I would expect the ball to be knocked down in those directions.

But this is how it is supposed to be. Right stick while defending specifies the direction in which you are defending the ball. If you pull the RS back, the ball will travel back. If you move RS up the ball will be defended in that direction. In fact if you defend the ball right or left (RS left or right) I would expect the ball to be knocked down in those directions.

Yes, but you don't defend the ball backwards, you defend it down. It's impossible to defend a ball backwards.

The outcome is consistent with the input.

Yes, but you don't defend the ball backwards, you defend it down. It's impossible to defend a ball backwards.

You can if you hold the bat loose or play the ball with very soft hands. You must have seen batsmen defend the ball with soft hands against pacers and watch the ball roll on to the stumps. To me RS down is similar to that.

So basically not defending with the R stick down is the key!

Correct. Unless you want to guide the ball towards a vacant slips region to pinch a single. I think the confusion regarding defending with RS down arose as that's the way you defend the ball when you come out of the crease since that's the only input/control to defend when you charge.

You can if you hold the bat loose or play the ball with very soft hands. You must have seen batsmen defend the ball with soft hands against pacers and watch the ball roll on to the stumps. To me RS down is similar to that.

Correct. Unless you want to guide the ball towards a vacant slips region to pinch a single. I think the confusion regarding defending with RS down arose as that's the way you defend the ball when you come out of the crease since that's the only input/control to defend when you charge.

Yeah that was my initial thought that it'd be a 'soft hands drop down' kind of shot. It's gonna be interesting playing it in game as you may be able run it very fine between the keeper and first slip, particularly to spinners.

I doubt if any player has intentionally run a ball between the keeper and first slip.

Users who are viewing this thread