Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I doubt if any player has intentionally run a ball between the keeper and first slip.

Well, you call it a cheeky shot! Real time batsmen have played it multiple times against spin, ** cough ** Tindoolka!

I enjoyed playing it in EA Cricket 05.

I warned people the Umpires were not to be trusted.... keep your appeals - you'll need'em.

^This guy gets it.

attachment.php

You've been warned.

Attachments

• YouveBeenWarned.gif
    YouveBeenWarned.gif
    874.4 KB · Views: 291
I am finding myself increasingly disliking batting??hear me out!

It?s not because I think it?s bad, it?s not it is fantastic. It?s because in pro cam and near batsman view it makes me do things I did when I used to play. I never found it easy to judge length when I played and the same is true of CA nets, I find myself in all sorts of trouble playing off the wrong foot. Also I was never great at cross batted shots and again the same is true for CA nets, poor Don in my CA must have 4 or 5 cracked ribs from the battering he has taken.

To me it is quite mindblowing that a video game can unearth and exploit the same weaknesses I had back in the days I played cricket and that says to me a significant amount about just how good this game can be (and just how bad at it I am).

At the end of the day my career player will be a bowler of some demon left arm spin so the batting aspect doesn?t particularly concern me but if you are playing me online go easy on the bouncers yeah!

^ I concur. I struggle against short pitched bowling in real life and same is the case in the nets on the default cam. There is an exception though - I seem to pick up the length better in Pro Cam view. With close cam, it's the same case as in default view.

This :p
Not being a great batsman in real life I thought I only struggled with execution but it turns out I struggle with shot selection too!

Is it just me, or has there been a criminal under-reaction to the fact that the above .gif is previously unseen DBC14 footage?

When I'm batting I can either go all out defence or all out attack. The same is true in the game.

----------

Is it just me, or has there been a criminal under-reaction to the fact that the above .gif is previously unseen DBC14 footage?

I was trying to work out what it was from. So it is unseen? @Biggs please explain

bowler of some demon left arm spin
That spin better be chinaman.

----------

I just assumed it was from the Apocalypse video. But now that you mention it, that umpire does look rather shifty.

When I'm batting I can either go all out defence or all out attack. The same is true in the game.

----------

I was trying to work out what it was from. So it is unseen? @Biggs please explain

It has so far been unseen but from the above posts regarding batting I think you might be seeing a lot of it :yes

^ I concur. I struggle against short pitched bowling in real life and same is the case in the nets on the default cam. There is an exception though - I seem to pick up the length better in Pro Cam view. With close cam, it's the same case as in default view.

Same thing here. My initial few practices were on close/far batsmen camera view which I found difficult to bat with even placing the deliveries correct.

When I switched to pro-camera, I really found it in better control over my shots. Like in real life, I picked up good length deliveries easily(even in legend modes) but struggled with other shot selections. Just cannot believe that practicing in CA nets with pro-camera is actually going to end up tuning our personal cricket aspects. :)

Or you could have simply seen it in the nets already

@SnowyCasanova Loving the avatar. Saw that vid a couple days back - hilarious, but in that disconcerting way in that you realise it is scarily accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread