Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I was trying to work out what it was from. So it is unseen? @Biggs please explain

Is it just me, or has there been a criminal under-reaction to the fact that the above .gif is previously unseen DBC14 footage?

If you don't use the TGGI Bat...

119571d1392752228-don-bradman-cricket-academy-beta-99-94d-avalaible-now-apologynotaccepted.png

...not much more to explain, really.

Quirks with CA 99.94d:
An option to turn off the howzatt sound would be nice.
some,Cover Drives are given out even if they are along the ground sometimes.

Next thing we know there will be a huge BARS fixing scandal.

I'm confident I've been coded correctly by the team at BigAnt and have suitable bias towards decisions involving MattW ...er I mean, suitable skills needed to make correct, legal decisions based on the evidence during a game.

Finally got to have a decent bat with the update. Am now getting around 30 fps compared to the 15/17 I was getting with the previous versions and my laptop isn't melting after half an hour. Great job guys :)

Outswing for right handed is inswing for left and vice versa but that doesn't seem the case in CA....Please check....

Outswing for right handed is inswing for left and vice versa but that doesn't seem the case in CA....Please check....
Swing is relative to the bowler and not the batsman.

Inswing and outswing is always the same no matter the handedness of the batsman being bowled at.

Outswinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Inswinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From a right-handed batsman's point of view, the swing is away from his body towards his right, i.e. towards the off side. This swing away from the body is the source of the name outswinger. To a left-handed batsman, the swing is in towards the body and towards the leg side which from a technical point of view makes the outswinger, now an inswinger.

The terminology we're using is from the perspective of the bowler as it's the bowling machine bowling it. This works the same in the full game, the inswing and outswing deliveries will always be relative to the bowler and not the batsman.

Swing is relative to the bowler and not the batsman.

Inswing and outswing is always the same no matter the handedness of the batsman being bowled at.

Outswinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Inswinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The terminology we're using is from the perspective of the bowler as it's the bowling machine bowling it. This works the same in the full game, the inswing and outswing deliveries will always be relative to the bowler and not the batsman.

Correct but in this case its the bowling machine and batting is the main aspect in Practice so I thought it should be based on batsman....:)

Anyways we can set that....Thanks for the reply....:cheers

After having played the nets for quite some time now, I really feel we need a little more control on the unorthodox shots in terms Of whether you wanna play an unorthodox shot powerfully or just along the ground. So say if you choose to play an unorthodox shot with full power the batsman will try to play a slog sweep instead of a normal sweep. Similarly if you play a shot behind the wicket with very less power, the batsman will try to play a paddle sweep instead if a scoop. This can easily be done by adding input from the Right and Left triggers when choosing to play an unorthodox shot within the current setup and would also allow BigAnt to add many more shot animations for batting.

I tried pressing the triggers when playing these shots and it felt pretty comfortable after some time, so don't think it would get too complex for players accustomed to a particular controller. If there is fear that the controls might be too complex for some players, BigAnt can add different control schemes to the game like FIFA does, so if a player finds these controls too tough he can choose an easier control scheme wherein the ai decides the power for unorthodox shots (which is the case now).
@BigAntStudios what do you think about this??? :)

Also the control scheme of advance defensive shot feels a little awkward. Ideally it should have been: Hold down defensive trigger and advance button and then give direction for the shot.

Since playing the very first nets session I have felt that the right stick could have been used for shot strength by having to make a back swing before playing the shot. For example, if you wanted to play a nudge for a single you would play the shot with a short follow-through. Bigger shots would call for a larger back swing and follow through. This method would make it easier to manoeuvre shots around, depending on where the fielders were positioned and increasing the number of singles being run. At the moment the game is set up for hitting big shots through the field, rather than a more realistic game of shot manoeuvre.

That would have been perfect. Linking the batswing in real time with the right analog stick would make batting even more fun but it may be too complex for the casual gamer. I think keeping them in the mind BA have not used that.

Users who are viewing this thread