Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Oh, I see. Biggs fishes for someone to bite? Nice fellow.

Of course. Look there are times when this place drives me mad and I just think bollocks to it all. But every time something happens and you realise it is a great place to be. Random blokes around the world getting on each others nerves, being kind, having a laugh. It wont stop world hunger but it isn't doing any harm either. It is just like football. There are great games and then there are games involving Man United.

I am with Matt on this one. Staff and admins never post crap
I was referring to 79's "even me" - which really threw me. Without exception all of his posts are gold.

Perhaps it is because I won't be intimidated by Biggs.
This was a reasonable and constructive discussion, ruined by Mr. Big.
Let me know if I am in the wrong Matt?
Was there really that much more to discuss? Biggs is right in that so much of the analysis is limited by not knowing how the match situation will change the dynamics - we might have a good discussion about it, but it's inevitably limited to 'but we have to wait and see'.

We have a bowling machine not using any AI, along with the restrictions of the nets and walls surrounding the batsman - I don't think that's a good proxy for getting a feel of how the batting will be like out in the middle - it certainly feels much easier in the nets demo than I found it on the day.

The basic point of contention in this discussion was how to effectively place those shots to slowly run it out to a deep fielder, whether a slight nudge of the analogue stick when playing the shot might make things easier. I think the slight pulling in of the defensive trigger is easier to pull off, because I can be prepared for that in advance by judging the field, while if that was up to the sticks, it would take a bit of focus away from the ball to focus on not pushing the sticks the whole way - which is the natural way of using them.

But - the giant big net in the way (and the damn chair!!!) in the nets means that it's hard to really get a sense for how it would play out. So again you're back at the point of how much you want to speculate about how specific mechanics would play out in a match, and to then be trying to suggest improvements without having that time with the game is a bit of a stretch.

Dude just let it go or go punch a wall with Biggs photo on it, easy to find just look up smartass new Zealand style.:D

----------

Mark everyone is better looking than Lee ok.:rolleyes

Yea but no one actually says it!

I was referring to 79's "even me" - which really threw me. Without exception all of his posts are gold.

Was there really that much more to discuss? Biggs is right in that so much of the analysis is limited by not knowing how the match situation will change the dynamics - we might have a good discussion about it, but it's inevitably limited to 'but we have to wait and see'.

We have a bowling machine not using any AI, along with the restrictions of the nets and walls surrounding the batsman - I don't think that's a good proxy for getting a feel of how the batting will be like out in the middle - it certainly feels much easier in the nets demo than I found it on the day.

The basic point of contention in this discussion was how to effectively place those shots to slowly run it out to a deep fielder, whether a slight nudge of the analogue stick when playing the shot might make things easier. I think the slight pulling in of the defensive trigger is easier to pull off, because I can be prepared for that in advance by judging the field, while if that was up to the sticks, it would take a bit of focus away from the ball to focus on not pushing the sticks the whole way - which is the natural way of using them.

But - the giant big net in the way (and the damn chair!!!) in the nets means that it's hard to really get a sense for how it would play out. So again you're back at the point of how much you want to speculate about how specific mechanics would play out in a match, and to then be trying to suggest improvements without having that time with the game is a bit of a stretch.

Got it Matt. My comment was a clever double take reflecting the discrepancies in modern cultural ethics and there progressive demise up and against commercial evaluation of artistic performances.......

On another note. It may be true that some may see a certain point of discussion as invalid but there is a way of going about it. And of course if you feel the discussion is pointless........don't take part......

Biggs is a very clever fellow. He lights the blue touch paper, stands back and watches the fireworks.
He constantly makes personal comments about people, ruins threads and yet everyone jumps on my back for standing up to him.
If that's the way you want it fair enough.

Thanks Matt, I do work hard on my posts to try to live up to PC legends like yourself. PS Am I getting closer.:noway

Biggs is a very clever fellow. He lights the blue touch paper, stands back and watches the fireworks.
He constantly makes personal comments about people, ruins threads and yet everyone jumps on my back for standing up to him.

I happen actually to agree with you to a certain extent , as in my last post, but you let yourself get wound up too easily and it becomes a vendetta. Let it go. Biggs is Biggs and you are you and there is plenty of space for everyone.

He was not that bad, we are all different here mate. Some you will like and some like Biggs will annoy you. I have learned not to take anything to heart and Biggs does have a point but as I said before just a friendly chat.

PS Ross is there any news this week so we can get over the mighty Biggs.

----------

Ok in the nets why can't we play 360 degree defence shots, working off the hip or to point. Matt is this different in the full game.:spy

He was not that bad, we are all different here mate. Some you will like and some like Biggs will annoy you. I have learned not to take anything to heart and Biggs does have a point but as I said before just a friendly chat.

PS Ross is there any news this week so we can get over the mighty Biggs.

Even if he did have a point, he made it in such a way to raise any reasonable person's hackles. It may be the Biggs way, but I don't like it. A bit more respect maybe?

Even if he did have a point, he made it in such a way to raise any reasonable person's hackles. It may be the Biggs way, but I don't like it. A bit more respect maybe?

Maybe but if you expect to much from a forum then you will be let down. I will say this, I have been to lots of cricket and other forum and like Dutch said sometimes this site does annoy but it's miles better than other forum.

Great job Admins I say.:thumbs

The forum guidelines say 'don't post to try to annoy others', 'post quality and not quantity' and 'don't post when you haven't got anything useful to say'.
Don't these apply to Biggs? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread