Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

So what does everything about 360 degree defence not 180 in the nets at the moment.:spy

Imo, It means defence shots can be played only in front V area of batsman.

Yes, I've noticed that if you don't move the left stick you don't hit the ball. Perhaps this needs looking into.

try and play any cricket shot without moving your feet at all, how many balls you gonna hit? you play on very poor/legend, so there is no footwork assistance. even a straight ball you gotta move your feet to hit.

----------

Is there any possibilities of adaptive AI which learns and becomes more intelligent more you play. So that it knows where you prefer to play and where you get out more thus set fields accordingly. Or is this already in the game?

isn't this actually what is supposed to happen in career mode?

Ok thank you. What other defense shots are there? They only need to be within 180 degrees.

Not true, the best batsmen can work the ball everywhere. so say you wanted to open the face of the bat to third man not just to a late cut or work the ball of your hips, both these shots are in ic2010.

Just an area I don't love in the nets and could be improved easily but I would love to hear others views.

Biggs is a very clever fellow. He lights the blue touch paper, stands back and watches the fireworks.
He constantly makes personal comments about people, ruins threads and yet everyone jumps on my back for standing up to him.
If that's the way you want it fair enough.

you take things far too seriously / personally dude. this is an internet forum, we're all strangers. does it matter if "people" like you, or you like them, or if you feel your points aren't thanked as much as somebody else's cuz you're not in a clique?

post what you want, discuss what you want, say what you want, let the mods do the rest.

you'll find most people here don't hold a grudge. you can argue with people in one thread, and share a joke with them in the next. just lighten up, and throw grenades where you please.

try and play any cricket shot without moving your feet at all, how many balls you gonna hit? you play on very poor/legend, so there is no footwork assistance. even a straight ball you gotta move your feet to hit.

----------

I used to play a lot of cricket and yes, you can play shots without moving your feet.

----------

There is nothing wrong with the setup right now and yes moving your feet is very important but you can hit the ball without them. PS Marshall was known for his bowling but he did play a late cut with one arm and no feet at all. Its on youtube.

you take things far too seriously / personally dude. this is an internet forum, we're all strangers. does it matter if "people" like you, or you like them, or if you feel your points aren't thanked as much as somebody else's cuz you're not in a clique?

post what you want, discuss what you want, say what you want, let the mods do the rest.

you'll find most people here don't hold a grudge. you can argue with people in one thread, and share a joke with them in the next. just lighten up, and throw grenades where you please.

I don't know if I like or dislike anyone on the forum. I've never met them, but If I don't like a comment someone has made in an effort to spoil a thread I will make my opinion known.
I am all for lively discussion but why should that be ruined by someone who has that in his mandate?

----------

no you can't. you're shifting your weight at the very least, which is still movement.

You are wrong.
It doesn't really bother me in the game but unless your arms are tied to your body you can play shots without moving your feet.

Last edited:
no you can't. you're shifting your weight at the very least, which is still movement.

Yes you can, I have a family member and when we play cricket he does not use his legs or almost none because of a birth problem. He has to use his bat and arms for like 98%.

Does your power come from the arms or from the biggest muscle group of your body?

Just because you can hit a ball without moving your legs does not mean that you should.

Last edited:
Does your power come from the arms or from the biggest muscle group of your body?

You can still play shots without moving your feet Ross. As I say, it's fine in the game because moving the left stick before the right is a good 'trigger' to play a good shot.

I don't know if I like or dislike anyone on the forum. I've never met them, but If I don't like a comment someone has made in an effort to spoil a thread I will make my opinion known.
I am all for lively discussion but why should that be ruined by someone who has that in his mandate?

you're right, but you could have continued your discussion with the likeminded people who were interested in it, rather than sidetracking yourself about whether some users have more priveleges than others.

You are wrong.
It doesn't really bother me in the game but unless your arms are tied to your body you can play shots without moving your feet.

you cannot play a shot without weight transfer. it doesn't necessarily involve your feet moving position, but it does involve the leg muscles & nerves, so there is "movement". Trescothick was a prime example, his weight transference was excellent. you want to play on the "hardest" setting but then you also want the game to do your weight transference for you? seems odd.

----------

Yes you can, I have a family member and when we play cricket he does not use his legs or almost none because of a birth problem. He has to use his bat and arms for like 98%.

i guarantee he is transferring weight.

----------

You can still play shots without moving your feet Ross. As I say, it's fine in the game because moving the left stick before the right is a good 'trigger' to play a good shot.

you're confusing "movement" in terms of taking a step, and movement in terms of using the muscles/nerves to transfer weight. if you're entirely planted and just swing your arms, you are not going to be successful very often. even if the ball is in your arc, without weight transference you are not going to connect.

Users who are viewing this thread