Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Does your power come from the arms or from the biggest muscle group of your body?

As I said my family member can not move his legs. so he uses the bat/arm and yes a little of hips and maybe 2% legs.

All I am saying if you play on say Legend and say you try 20 shots just using the RAS will you miss everyone in real life like the game.

PS Ross I am not saying it's a fault because it's not just saying it's something to think about for the future. We could have some real ugly shots in the game.:clap

You can still play shots without moving your feet Ross. As I say, it's fine in the game because moving the left stick before the right is a good 'trigger' to play a good shot.

I guess the main thing is to balance the game first, for us gameplay is king, sim is secondary to that.

you're right, but you could have continued your discussion with the likeminded people who were interested in it, rather than sidetracking yourself about whether some users have more priveleges than others.

So it isn't the fault of the person trying to ruin a thread but the fault of the victims? Thank you for explaining that to me.

you cannot play a shot without weight transfer. it doesn't necessarily involve your feet moving position, but it does involve the leg muscles & nerves, so there is "movement". Trescothick was a prime example, his weight transference was excellent. you want to play on the "hardest" setting but then you also want the game to do your weight transference for you? seems odd.

----------

i guarantee he is transferring weight.

Yes, I want to play the game on the hardest setting and I didn't say I want the game to move my feet. I just said that, in real life, it is possible to hit the ball without moving your feet if it is in reach of your arms.

Last edited:
Yes, I want to play the game on the hardest setting and I didn't say I want the game to move my feet. I just said that, in real life, it is possible to hit the ball without moving your feet if it is in reach of your arms.

not without weight transference of some sort. what bit of that is so hard to understand? and weight transference happens from the legs, even if the feet stay in the same place.

I guess the main thing is to balance the game first, for us gameplay is king, sim is secondary to that.

Yes your right Ross, just something to think about, I saw it straight away and I do get what Blocker is saying. Maybe next time if you don't use the LAS the bat just moves, because at the moment the shot looks normal but you miss.

PS What do you think about 360 degree defence ross ?

not without weight transference of some sort. what bit of that is so hard to understand? and weight transference happens from the legs, even if the feet stay in the same place.

Please don't patronise me blockerdave. I played cricket for over 30 years and I should know what is possible and what isn't.

We understand Blocker, just something for Bigant to think about.

Haha... Play cricket shots without moving your feet? Guess your coach was blind for 30 years.

P.S... ...not obsessed at all. Learn to laugh at yourself.

Please don't patronise me blockerdave. I played cricket for over 30 years and I should know what is possible and what isn't.

Please Zombie lets not get into a new fight ok, it's just talk so my question to say blocker or others would you like this changed in the future or not.:thumbs

Haha... Play cricket shots without moving your feet? Guess your coach was blind for 30 years.

P.S... ...not obsessed at all. Learn to laugh at yourself.

Biggs for the game, do you think it's strange the ball is missing the bat everytime you don't use LAS.

Every cricket shot, every one, requires foot-movement to execute it correctly.

This isn't Don Bradman: swing the bat wildly like an epileptic monkey 2014

...although the cover for that would be awesome.

And you want Biggs to act with respect but then you chuck in a "I am the king, I know everything" comment. What blocker is saying is completely true. You physically can not play a shot without some sort of weight transference. It is a subconscious act. Whether you initiate it or notice it, it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread