Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Please don't patronise me blockerdave. I played cricket for over 30 years and I should know what is possible and what isn't.

i'm not patronising you, i'm calling you out for talking rubbish.

when fonz was on his last rant, you rightfully called him on ignoring your question about playing it on the hardest settings. i'm calling you on ignoring my point on weight transference. you cannot play a shot without a weight shift, and that comes from the leg muscle group. making a big play of only playing on the hardest setting then crying foul because the game won't do the weight transfer for you is beyond parody.

acknowledge the weight transfer issue and show me how i'm wrong on that, and i'll consider your point. maybe you transfer weight without engaging your legs, or perhaps you spent 30 years perfecting playing from a planted guard (and averaged 3)

Wow... This thread tonight reminds me of those days at school as a kid when a bird would fly into the classroom... Everybody would lose their freaking mind!

Good work, keep it up.

It's been a crazy hour or so, I was going to watch season 3 of Game of Thrones as the wife is at work but no I watch a 60 minute comedy staring Everyones Favorite comedy gold couple Biggs and Zombie with killer Gold post by the crazy 79C. Yeah.:clap

Please Zombie lets not get into a new fight ok, it's just talk so my question to say blocker or others would you like this changed in the future or not.:thumbs

personally i wouldn't like it changed, because i consider the stick not footwork in the sense of making a step, but in the sense of giving the game a trigger of how you want to play the shot.

it's possible the ball is right in your arc and you don't need to move across to hit, but how does the game know if you're considering a front foot or back foot shot. on lower settings fine it gives assistance, but on hard settings it doesn't so it needs to distinguish between e.g. a square drive and a square cut, and you do this using the footwork. even to a full straight one you're replicating the weight transfer anyone except apparently zombie would do in real life.

i'm not patronising you, i'm calling you out for talking rubbish...

Allow me to patronize him...

attachment.php

Biggs out

*drops mic*

Attachments

• Zombieian Cricket 2014 - Early Beta Graphics.gif
    Zombieian Cricket 2014 - Early Beta Graphics.gif
    572.1 KB · Views: 218
Fod gods sake your feet naturally move when you execute any shot, because generally, you're about to take a bloody run! Unless for 30 years Zombiean just stood at the wicket and waved his arms like an inflatable tube man for every delivery...

Blockerdave and Z-town would've made a fantastic opening partnership to watch!

For the last time, the argument wasn't anything to do with playing shots in a game. It was, is it possible to still hit the ball without moving your legs. If it is range of you arms with a bat on the end it is.

Kids, ProTip: "Prune Your Trees" is a euphemism...

personally i wouldn't like it changed, because i consider the stick not footwork in the sense of making a step, but in the sense of giving the game a trigger of how you want to play the shot.

it's possible the ball is right in your arc and you don't need to move across to hit, but how does the game know if you're considering a front foot or back foot shot. on lower settings fine it gives assistance, but on hard settings it doesn't so it needs to distinguish between e.g. a square drive and a square cut, and you do this using the footwork. even to a full straight one you're replicating the weight transfer anyone except apparently zombie would do in real life.

Excellent post Blocker, I agree it's something I would love to change a little in the future. I have stopped talking about real life as I was wrong but now focus on the game. maybe it's not a easy change but just a idea.

PS Zombie how old are you really. I am 34 almost 35 in a few months.

*Clears throat*

None of us even have the game yet...

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

i do, if a vocal minority of people taking rubbish were to make ross think this was something that needed patching.

i'll concede on 1%, that in real life you might not miss every ball. but this isn't real life it's a game, and on the higher levels without footwork assistance it needs to know which of the shots mapped to a specific direction you want to play, the front foot one or the back foot one. making a big play of only playing on the hardest settings and then being too lazy to press all the buttons, while masking it in some bizarre cricket lesson about how you don't need to move your feet or transfer your weight is very much "not on my watch" territory.

also, in real life you might connect, but you're unlikely to connect well.

For the last time, the argument wasn't anything to do with playing shots in a game. It was, is it possible to still hit the ball without moving your legs. If it is range of you arms with a bat on the end it is.

and how will the game know if you're playing it off the front or back foot? if it "should just know and help you", play on the easy settings, and make a tough guy act of only playing on the hard settings...

still ingoring the weight transference issue too, i see.

In real life, you're playing baseball... actually, I take that back. In Baseball you need foot movement too. I'll try that again; In REAL life, you're beating a dead horse, not swinging a cricket bat during a match, if you're not moving your feet.

This is not something that needs to be patched in any cricket title, ever. Team at Big Ant, please disregard any "feedback" or "patch requests" from that dude in the lonely 'no fun' weird corner of PlanetCricket... lets get cricket things patched and replicated. Like foot movement.

This is not something that needs to be patched in any cricket title, ever. Team at Big Ant, please disregard any "feedback" or "patch requests" from that lonely weird corner of PlanetCricket...
All feedback should come in the form of a change.org petition.

If they had keyboard controls none of this would be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread