Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Every Scottish person I ever met, including my wife, loved being called a Pom...

----------

Same same...

Jock here is taken as a term of endearment, calling a Jock a Pom however could get you killed.

Thats hitting off stump in my opinion, looks a lot worse because you moved across the stumps and the ball bounced away. Can't really see it as well but that ball is spinning back towards the stumps, but again, because you moved across your stumps you block the view. GONE, GOT HIM!
I'm not particularly bothered about this debate either way, but it starts going towards leg, then drifts away and continues drifting, with the last visible sight of the ball outside off stump. It definitely looks like it's hitting outside off. It might not be clearly missing as I originally said, but it looks not out.

What type of spin was on, grkrama? If it was off spin, it might be explained by some vicious turn.

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    245.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    243.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    229.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    239.1 KB · Views: 14
I find Pom only mildly better than Jock. I internally take the Rebus approach to both: FYTP.

And Brit the worst of them all?
So basically if you call a Scot, Pom, Jock or Brit you're a dead man

Last edited:
Calling someone a Jock here could also get you killed. Funny how non-Scots consider it a term of endearment.

Calling a taxi can get you killed where I come from. Baghdad is just no fun amymore.....

----------

As the man said who had been run over in reply to the question shall I call you an ambulance: call me what you feckin like, I cant do much about it at the moment.....

I would welcome a video showing an incorrect LBW decision.

Check this out (right at the end at 3:03):

This will take you directly to that part:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Nets! - YouTube

*Sorry for no sound. The recording software had the setting turned off it seems :(

Edit: Made a GIF for that particular LBW decision:

oA5Jc94.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandfather was Scottish and he didn't seem to mind bein known as jock, but he served in the armed forces and you generally get given nick names according to your individual differences but its not meant as a derogatory reference. Some of my relatives don't like it though!!

Thats hitting off stump in my opinion, looks a lot worse because you moved across the stumps and the ball bounced away. Can't really see it as well but that ball is spinning back towards the stumps, but again, because you moved across your stumps you block the view. GONE, GOT HIM!

for my money it hits him outside off and he is playing a shot... not out

I got headbutted once in Glasgow for calling someone You Jimmy..... Apparently his name was Jock...,

I'd love a better example.
here's another one this should be pretty clear got it in close cam.

----------

What type of spin was on, grkrama? If it was off spin, it might be explained by some vicious turn.
it was in random so it could have been an offie but looked like it wasnt going to hit it

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread