Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I believe the LBW is 100% accurate in the nets, if anyone is finding it not then I'd love a video example so we can check it out. Remembering also that an edge onto the pads is out in this circumstance.

We did have plenty of moments at the playsession that people thought were not out but under review were found to be correctly out.

There seems to be a lot of dubious lbw decisions wherein a ball 'seems' to hit miles outside off but it registers as an 'out' in nets. I guess its because of the camera (I play with batsman close cam which is always at an angle) that we feel the ball hit the pad outside off wherein it actually hit the pad in front of the stumps.

^ so whats your solution should we ban biggs? we sure cant change him or any of us for that matter.
What can be done is if you find it too offensive let biggs know that ,report post.
If what we are making are valid intelligent points it shouldnt matter if biggs or 'his fan club'/people of similar opinions agrees to it or not.
though if biggs/or anybody makes any personal attacks it should be reported and moderated if you find it to be in bad taste.

Of course not.

----------

I believe the LBW is 100% accurate in the nets, if anyone is finding it not then I'd love a video example so we can check it out. Remembering also that an edge onto the pads is out in this circumstance.

We did have plenty of moments at the playsession that people thought were not out but under review were found to be correctly out, not that this is the same as the nets but it shows how hard it is to judge.

Sorry Ross, some awful decisions in the nets. I was LBW way outside off stump yesterday and with balls going down leg side. I guess that's what the review system will be for. :)

There seems to be a lot of dubious lbw decisions wherein a ball 'seems' to hit miles outside off but it registers as an 'out' in nets. I guess its because of the camera (I play with batsman close cam which is always at an angle) that we feel the ball hit the pad outside off wherein it actually hit the pad in front of the stumps.

At least we have something concrete and absolute to talk about with this :)

I would welcome a video showing an incorrect LBW decision.

----------

Of course not.

----------

Sorry Ross, some awful decisions in the nets. I was LBW way outside off stump yesterday and with balls going down leg side. I guess that's what the review system will be for. :)

Indeed, that's what it's for.

We copied the code from the game into the CA Nets almost entirely, there always could be a bug but I haven't seen an incorrect LBW as yet.

I will try and get a video though my work laptop is broken and not sure my personal lappie is good enough to play nets and video capture. (did spot performance improvement this version though - top stuff)

I guess the only way to settle this is an update with BARS this Friday...

oh yes, you were concerned about the others. of course. very big of you.

my argument was that the feet don't have to go from one position to another to "move". the LAS is a footwork stick, and in cricket footwork is about a lot more than making steps. hence why i have repeatedly said weight transference.
also, French cricket doesn't use the "cricket" stance, so that argument is moot to the point of fatuousness.
also also, are you saying girls are incapable of playing cricket properly? oh yes, sexism, that'll win any argument.

stay stuned folks, coming up zombieian on why gays can't whistle...

Yes, I do have respect for what people write when it is well intended. That may be foreign to what some of you think.

Why can't you whistle?
I don't know why you keep banging on about weight transference. Of course you need that to hit a proper cricket shot but that was my point.
Could or could you not stand still and hit a ball that was thrown/bowled at you?

I don't see that we are going to agree so I'm not commenting further.

If you put replays in the net we'll be able to do that, but me and a lot of others will have felt hard done by and don't have recording software to capture it, and something like Fraps would be guesswork as to when it will happen.

You may not have been a good cricketer but if I threw a ball at you a metre away from your body I bet you could hit it with the bat without moving your feet. If in a real game of cricket you decided not to move your feet and the ball was in the arc of your arms with a bat on the end, you could hit it.
I meant no disrespect to the batting mechanics and I don't know why people read it as such.
In a real game of cricket of course you would move your feet, and this has been well implemented in the game.
I seem to have arrived at this party an hour late, but I'm convinced it is nearly physically impossible to play without footwork and for it to go anywhere other than straight up or about two yards away. Even Trescothick and Gayle move their feet slightly, and, as Blocker says, weight transfer is vital.

I don't know why you keep banging on about weight transference. Of course you need that to hit a proper cricket shot but that was my point.
Could or could you not stand at still and hit a ball that was thrown/bowled at you?
This is a video game! It's not supposed to replicate every damned bit of cricket. Why would you want a feature where you can flail your arms around hopelessly just for realism, even though you would never hit the ball properly.

Yes, I do have respect for what people write when it is well intended. That may be foreign to what some of you think.

Why can't you whistle?
Could or could you not stand at still and hit a ball that was thrown/bowled at you?

I don't see that we are going to agree so I'm not commenting further.

I mentioned about weight transference because it's part of footwork and LAS is footwork so if you can't hit without weight transference you can't hit without LAS input. I keep banging on about it because you're too moronic to understand the point or too cowardly to admit how wrong you are (and only partly because I'm a loudmouthed, obstinate git).

No I couldn't stand still and hit a ball thrown at me, I'd need to shift my weight. Can you be that stupid not to understand that?

Oh yes, I'm gay... See what you did there. Brilliant. Keep trying with those zingers and someone is sure to thank you.

At least we have something concrete and absolute to talk about with this :)

I would welcome a video showing an incorrect LBW decision.

----------

Indeed, that's what it's for.

We copied the code from the game into the CA Nets almost entirely, there always could be a bug but I haven't seen an incorrect LBW as yet.

ok here is one,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought would make a rare drop into this thread and came across this gem

Yes you only need a keyboard/mouse for nets (and the game) the rest of CA takes keyboard/mouse input too

Bloody fantastic - cancelling my controller order immediately :thumbs

I'm guessing you can't add "English degree" to that list of achievements what with an incorrect usage of "payed" and a superfluous apostrophisation of "lots" (not to mention the random capitalisation of "Cats". ;)

To be honest I thought you were younger based on your grammar etc but I guess being Australian would also explain it.

Have you every heard that theory about people who correct other people's grammar or use of language. It's been shown to be employed by those who feel insecure about their social standing and so by criticing others can create a class distinction. But you'd know about that - being English.

I mentioned about weight transference because it's part of footwork and LAS is footwork so if you can't hit without weight transference you can't hit without LAS input. I keep banging on about it because you're too moronic to understand the point or too cowardly to admit how wrong you are (and only partly because I'm a loudmouthed, obstinate git).

No I couldn't stand still and hit a ball thrown at me, I'd need to shift my weight. Can you be that stupid not to understand that?

Oh yes, I'm gay... See what you did there. Brilliant. Keep trying with those zingers and someone is sure to thank you.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:wave

If you put replays in the net we'll be able to do that, but me and a lot of others will have felt hard done by and don't have recording software to capture it, and something like Fraps would be guesswork as to when it will happen.

If I did that then indeed there would be no guesswork, or argument, where's the fun in that?

^ ross you checked that LBW?

I'll have to check it in slow-mo.

----------

I think I'd give it umpires call - it's certainly not as far out as is being mentioned above - I'd love a better example.

Users who are viewing this thread