Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I blame Ross TruBlu AC'13 :mad None of this would have happened if we were all busy playing the game :p

when the game comes out it'll be worse, because we'll have so many more game modes to complain about ;)

and on that note... @BigAntStudios - I know the "out" method is unsophisticated in nets, e.g. edge it and you're out, but what about LBW? because i've seen plenty of pitched outside leg, hit outside off playing a shot etc. being given "out". is this also a less sophisticated sensor (i.e. hit's your leg, would have hit the wicket, you're out; or hit your pad, you're out) or "bad" decisions such as you'd get in the game (and could review)?

i can't stand pompous self-importance 79. he was like a jack russell nipping at fonz's heels calling him out for not playing the game on very poor/legend, then he does the same ignoring a couple of simple points about game input and weight transfer in real life. but obviously it's not because it's wrong, it's because we all love biggs... there is only one member i have on the ignore list (not gonna say who but he posts rarely and i don't even remember what was the tipping point) because i generally think - it's an internet forum, take the good with the bad, but i am close to doubling that list.

p.s. i'm younger than you too, and i always thought 79C was the temperature when you lost your virgnity.

You really need to read my posts more carefully blockheaddave then you might get your facts right.
I didn't call out poor fonz for not playing the game on very poor/legend. He can play it in whatever bloody level he wants as far as I'm concerned. He was criticising the game saying that it was too easy and that he hit every ball out of sight. I suggested that he try the game on very poor/legend to see if he still felt the same, but he refused to confirm that he had.
If you don't believe me take the trouble to read the thread again.

Regarding this 'discussion' my point was purely stating a fact not demanding that there should be a patch to fix something that isn't broken.
You need to read this thread again because it wasn't me who stated that if you don't move your feet, you can play a shot. I just agreed with the poster that this was the case in the demo. I'm not suggesting that in a game of cricket you don't move your feet, just that it is physically possible to do it should you wish.

Whatever you, or your mates say, if I set you in concrete from the waist down and asked you to hit a ball with a big cricket bat, you could do it.

Oh, and please feel free to place me on your ignore list if it makes you feel better. Not everyone is going to agree with you or Biggs all the time.

So you don't love Biggs? He's in for a nasty shock.

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios - I know the "out" method is unsophisticated in nets, e.g. edge it and you're out, but what about LBW? because i've seen plenty of pitched outside leg, hit outside off playing a shot etc. being given "out". is this also a less sophisticated sensor (i.e. hit's your leg, would have hit the wicket, you're out; or hit your pad, you're out) or "bad" decisions such as you'd get in the game (and could review)?

I'm pretty sure I saw a post from Ross somewhere which cleared the air on this. I think it was related to edges. @ChinamanSpin could you please do the honours?

Bottom line: It's just in the nets.

You really need to read my posts more carefully blockheaddave then you might get your facts right.
I didn't call out poor fonz for not playing the game on very poor/legend. He can play it in whatever bloody level he wants as far as I'm concerned. He was criticising the game saying that it was too easy and that he hit every ball out of sight. I suggested that he try the game on very poor/legend to see if he still felt the same, but he refused to confirm that he had.
If you don't believe me take the trouble to read the thread again.

Regarding this 'discussion' my point was purely stating a fact not demanding that there should be a patch to fix something that isn't broken.
You need to read this thread again because it wasn't me who stated that if you don't move your feet, you can play a shot. I just agreed with the poster that this was the case in the demo. I'm not suggesting that in a game of cricket you don't move your feet, just that it is physically possible to do it should you wish.

Whatever you, or your mates say, if I set you in concrete from the waist down and asked you to hit a ball with a big cricket bat, you could do it.

Oh, and please feel free to place me on your ignore list if it makes you feel better. Not everyone is going to agree with you or Biggs all the time.

you called him out for ignoring your point that he was getting assistance from not playing it on a harder setting. repeatedly.

you have repeatedly ignored the point i have made that a)the game has to know if you intend to play a shot as a front foot shot or back foot shot, because the same RAS direction has variety of outcome based on LAS input; and b)you cannot play a shot without weight transfer. because you know you're wrong.

----------

I'm pretty sure I saw a post from Ross somewhere which cleared the air on this. I think it was related to edges. @ChinamanSpin could you please do the honours?

Bottom line: It's just in the nets.

i know the edge thing, i was just wondering about LBWs.

So you don't love Biggs? He's in for a nasty shock.

i love my wife, my teddy bear, and that's about it. (my mum used to be on the list but by jesus she's getting boring in her old age.)

your main problem is you've got a massive chip on your shoulder because obviously at some point you've made what you thought was a delightful bon mot and it didn't get a thanks, and then biggs has put up a picture you didn't think was funny and it got thanked, and you've never got over it.

well i'm sorry your zinger fell flat, but you know what, people have different sense of humour. i think Lee Evans is as funny as colon cancer, but he still sells out arenas and lives in a massive house while i struggle to pay the mortgage.

----------

I'd reckon the same thing applies to LBW decisions too.

yes but what "thing"? hits your pad and you're out, or hits the pad and would have hit the wicket and you're out? hence the question.

you cant if you are facing a Pro bowler, even if you could it may well be one in thousand times. So its negligible very much to be considered part of the gameplay, i think this is what people are trying to convey.

you called him out for ignoring your point that he was getting assistance from not playing it on a harder setting. repeatedly.

you have repeatedly ignored the point i have made that a)the game has to know if you intend to play a shot as a front foot shot or back foot shot, because the same RAS direction has variety of outcome based on LAS input; and b)you cannot play a shot without weight transfer. because you know you're wrong.

----------

i know the edge thing, i was just wondering about LBWs.

You are correct for a change. You do get assistance batting on lower levels which makes it easier to hit everything out of sight.
That was my point to the fonz. If he didn't want to hit everything out of sight why did he not try it on its hardest setting?

I haven't constantly ignored your point about front and back foot shots during the game. It wasn't my argument.
I know there has to be some LS input to play front and back foot shots in the game, but there should be a small chance of hitting the ball without moving the LS (your feet) even at the hardest level.
I know that it isn't possible in the game but it would be possible in real life. You might play lots of very poor shots, get caught, bowled etc but you could do it.

Last edited:
yes but what "thing"? hits your pad and you're out, or hits the pad and would have hit the wicket and you're out?

Going by the system put int place for edges (edge and you're out 100% of the time), I'd put my money on the former (though it would like 70% of the time).

In real life you would still do weight transference.

If you want to post a video of you standing on a wii fit and playing a cricket shot and the wii fit doesn't register weight transference, I'll buy your copy of DBC14.

Just stand in from of a full length mirror in a cricket stance, watch your legs and play a shot. Your leg moves, doesn't it?

You cannot play any shot without that. The game should penalise you for not providing the input

i love my wife, my teddy bear, and that's about it. (my mum used to be on the list but by jesus she's getting boring in her old age.)

your main problem is you've got a massive chip on your shoulder because obviously at some point you've made what you thought was a delightful bon mot and it didn't get a thanks, and then biggs has put up a picture you didn't think was funny and it got thanked, and you've never got over it.

well i'm sorry your zinger fell flat, but you know what, people have different sense of humour. i think Lee Evans is as funny as colon cancer, but he still sells out arenas and lives in a massive house while i struggle to pay the mortgage.

----------

yes but what "thing"? hits your pad and you're out, or hits the pad and would have hit the wicket and you're out? hence the question.

That is just a ridiculous statement.
I couldn't give a toss if I get thanked.
My concern was that other members were making intelligent and relevant comment only to get dissed by Biggs who would then get thanked.

----------

In real life you would still do weight transference.

If you want to post a video of you standing on a wii fit and playing a cricket shot and the wii fit doesn't register weight transference, I'll buy your copy of DBC14.

Just stand in from of a full length mirror in a cricket stance, watch your legs and play a shot. Your leg moves, doesn't it?

You cannot play any shot without that. The game should penalise you for not providing the input

Keep you money. The argument was your feet moving not your legs or some twitch in another part of your body.
And no, my legs wouldn't move. Have you ever watched a girl play cricket or seen someone play French cricket?

^ so whats your solution should we ban biggs? we sure cant change him or any of us for that matter.
What can be done is if you find it too offensive let biggs know that ,report post.
If what we are making are valid intelligent points it shouldnt matter if biggs or 'his fan club'/people of similar opinions agrees to it or not.
though if biggs/or anybody makes any personal attacks it should be reported and moderated if you find it to be in bad taste.

Last edited:
That is just a ridiculous statement.
I couldn't give a toss if I get thanked.
My concern was that other members were making intelligent and relevant comment only to get dissed by Biggs who would then get thanked.

oh yes, you were concerned about the others. of course. very big of you.

Keep you money. The argument was your feet moving not your legs or some twitch in another part of your body.
And no, my legs wouldn't move. Have you ever watched a girl play cricket or seen someone play French cricket?

my argument was that the feet don't have to go from one position to another to "move". the LAS is a footwork stick, and in cricket footwork is about a lot more than making steps. hence why i have repeatedly said weight transference.
also, French cricket doesn't use the "cricket" stance, so that argument is moot to the point of fatuousness.
also also, are you saying girls are incapable of playing cricket properly? oh yes, sexism, that'll win any argument.

stay stuned folks, coming up zombieian on why gays can't whistle...

when the game comes out it'll be worse, because we'll have so many more game modes to complain about ;)

and on that note... @BigAntStudios - I know the "out" method is unsophisticated in nets, e.g. edge it and you're out, but what about LBW? because i've seen plenty of pitched outside leg, hit outside off playing a shot etc. being given "out". is this also a less sophisticated sensor (i.e. hit's your leg, would have hit the wicket, you're out; or hit your pad, you're out) or "bad" decisions such as you'd get in the game (and could review)?

I believe the LBW is 100% accurate in the nets, if anyone is finding it not then I'd love a video example so we can check it out. Remembering also that an edge onto the pads is out in this circumstance.

We did have plenty of moments at the playsession that people thought were not out but under review were found to be correctly out, not that this is the same as the nets but it shows how hard it is to judge.

Last edited:
I believe the LBW is 100% accurate in the nets, if anyone is finding it not then I'd love a video example so we can check it out. Remembering also that an edge onto the pads is out in this circumstance.

ok. maybe i edged the one where i was outside off playing a shot (i know it hit me outside off because the whole player was outside off) but there was *definitely* (to the best of my recollection) one or two that i definitely didn't edge and pitched outside leg...

Users who are viewing this thread