Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

is it possible to hit the ball without using left stick(foot movement) my controller is down can someone test it and see and ive been absent for sometime anyword on ps4/xb1 release :yes

is it possible to hit the ball without using left stick(foot movement) my controller is down can someone test it and see and ive been absent for sometime anyword on ps4/xb1 release :yes

No, because you did that in real life you would fall on your arse apparently.

When last I heard, this was a game not a sim.

The thing is, even his "real world" example is nonsense, because in the real world you provide input to your legs anyway regardless of whether you actually lift your feet. Basically all Ian wants is to be able to have a level that allows him to think he's a big man playing very poor/legend, but he's getting rookie level footwork assistance.

To answer triniboy's question anyway (since from his other posts i am assuming he isn't a comic genius)' the answer is on low levels yes, on high levels no. Which is exactly how it should be.

The thing is, even his "real world" example is nonsense, because in the real world you provide input to your legs anyway regardless of whether you actually lift your feet. Basically all Ian wants is to be able to have a level that allows him to think he's a big man playing very poor/legend, but he's getting rookie level footwork assistance.

To answer triniboy's question anyway (since from his other posts i am assuming he isn't a comic genius)' the answer is on low levels yes, on high levels no. Which is exactly how it should be.

I wasn't going to be baited again but please listen because I don't want to get into another slanging match:

I don't want footwork assistance otherwise I would have set the level lower. I like it as it is and as it should be. i.e. move your feet into position and play the shot. I enjoy the challenge of the game on its hardest settings.
My comments about footwork were not comments about the game, full stop.

I will put it another way.
All I was saying that in the real game of cricket, in theory, you don't need to move your feet to be able to have the ball hit your bat. You could stand with you feet planted and with your bat straight down in front of the stumps and at some point the ball would hit your bat. Move your arms a little and the ball would still hit your bat and go a little further. That was my point, nothing else.

The fonz's comments also included the claim that edges are scripted. This is clearly not the case and if he had tried to play the game on the hardest setting, even for 5 minutes, he would have realised that.

----------

kk so if you play a shot without using the l/stick the batsman will just leave the ball

Not really. It's like his bat doesn't exist and the bat and ball won't come into contact with each other. Not correct in an ideal world but I don't want to go down that path again.
The fact that the batsman might have got an edge or been bowled because he hasn't moved his feet doesn't seem to matter.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to be baited again but please listen because I don't want to get into another slanging match:

I don't want footwork assistance otherwise I would have set the level lower. I like it as it is and as it should be. i.e. move your feet into position and play the shot. I enjoy the challenge of the game on its hardest settings.
My comments about footwork were not comments about the game, full stop.

I will put it another way.
All I was saying that in the real game of cricket, in theory, you don't need to move your feet to be able to have the ball hit your bat. You could stand with you feet planted and with your bat straight down in front of the stumps and at some point the ball would hit your bat. Move your arms a little and the ball would still hit your bat and go a little further. That was my point, nothing else.

The fonz's comments also included the claim that edges are scripted. This is clearly not the case and if he had tried to play the game on the hardest setting, even for 5 minutes, he would have realised that.

And i.m saying you don't understand that footwork (which is what the Las is for) isn't about physically lifting a foot and placing it somewhere else, and any cricket shot requires footwork in the form of weight shift; and a game needs to know if you wanted to play a front foot or back foot shot, and if you don't provide the input you cannot expect the correct outcome.

ok tried my best to get an incorrect LBW, from what i observed i think it gives LBW
only when the ball is going to hit the stumps definitely +1 for that
what i think its missing is whether its hitting in line with the stumps and if the player is offering shot.
this is were the inswingers or offies are testing us i guess and its a bummer to get LBW outside off stump, but in all cases i guess it is hitting the stump.
This could be a CA only thing due to all the stripping down, would be glad if ross could confirm that.

if anyone is interested in watching 20 mins of trying to get an unfair LBW i can upload it...i really tried hard but couldnt. The only discrepancy is hitting outside the line of stumps.

----------

@zombieian your cute troll profile pic was better.....

Last edited by a moderator:
*thinks* delete the whole thread or poke the cat with the snooker cue.....Tiddles come here it is time for Pot Black again......

It seems as if even if the ball is going on to hit, regardless of where it pitches, it is given out. Obviously this won't be in the game. I hope.

And i.m saying you don't understand that footwork (which is what the Las is for) isn't about physically lifting a foot and placing it somewhere else, and any cricket shot requires footwork in the form of weight shift; and a game needs to know if you wanted to play a front foot or back foot shot, and if you don't provide the input you cannot expect the correct outcome.

But what should Dennis Bergkamp do if Arsenal play Holland......?

I do understand that. As I explained, I played cricket for a long time at a reasonable level and that moving your feet is absolutely crucial in playing good cricket shots. I will probably be ridiculed for saying this but I was an all rounder in my local club cricket league and one year I won the batting trophy with an average of 99. I only say that to give you some idea that I have some experience in batting.

Planting you feet and not getting to the pitch of the ball will result in you getting out sooner rather than later. i.e. Not the correct outcome.

At the moment on the higher settings it appears that if you don't move your feet i.e. LS, you won't hit the ball. What happens then if you don't move your feet and the ball heads towards your bat?
At the moment the ball appears to pass through or miss the bat completely. That can't be correct can it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread