Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

You do get that i was saying the same things you said about the control system but in distributed posts.
Regarding LBW ross himself has asked to check it out and there is something thats not right and pointing it out before the game is released is better than cricbbing after.end of matter, dont know why you fancied yourself to type a long post.

---------
Kapil Dev

Last edited:
You make absolutely no sense, they're going to bug-fix after the game is released, do you read anything? It's not like when you own the game "that's it, deal with it". If there's issues upon release (there will be) they'll fix them. Why bother now when you see only a tiny fraction of the whole picture?

Don't get me wrong, feel free to find these erroneous LBW's ...but to me it's like staring at a shot of the Mona Lisa's eyeball and going "...well, that eyelash is not the correct colour for a brunette" and then you see the whole image a few days later and realize you looked like a muppet worrying about it at all because it's the f'n Mona Lisa! Will there be bad decisions coded? Of course. In the context of the game, will they be wrong? We won't know until we own the game. At a guess, I'm speculating any LBW's you are seeing contains the code from the main game which includes the option to refer a decision. You may well be seeing decisions the AI is giving out and expecting you to refer.

If not, then yeah, there's prolly a dodgy LBW or two happening. I would be surprised as supriseman in the year of surprise if the game came out and there wasn't a weird "out" or two packed in the box. Every cricket game has had em, usually they're related to the LBW rule or a run-out/stumping issue.

I "fancied myself" to type a long post because that's how you make a point, with ample evidence and common sense all wrapped up in neatly formed jovial paragraphs. I believe the kids these days call it "havin' a yarn, mate".

So tempted to delete the last 2 posts by Biggs for no other reason than me being an arse but the

"Edit: Chris Gayle"

Saved him :thumbs

You get a this guy gets it for nothing else other than, you got the joke. I feared those days were numbered...

what forum is this?
This is the forum of that piece of free software Ross gave us
What is its purpose?
feedback and to give a taste of how the gameplay(batting) is.

No one is complaining the game will be shit or the LBW or bugged in the game,
im just putting a pointer 'hey ross the LBW seems to be a bit dodgy at times in CA should you look into it?'
Ross'' ya why not provide a vid of it happening"
thats all im doing just posting a vid of LBW that i think is not a great decision and putting a few lines as to what i make of it.
I have also mentioned htat this could just be CA onlystuff, atleast go through others post before lamenting stuff
Its finally ross who can actually judge what is wrong or what is not wrong.
to each his own you prefer to make calls once you get the game fully polished in hand , im one of those guys that signs for early development beta.

Have you really invested in the game financially why are you so hot and bothered when anybody asks anything about the game?
Most of us here want the game to succeed and be the best game possible.

Ross has a head on his shoulder to decide which part of feedback he wants and what he doesnt want,nobody requires your pseudo moderation attempts.you are just starting flame wars here if you hadnt noticed.Get a grip.

Last edited:
Again my point is being missed. I'm talking more about the ball hitting your bat if you don't use the LS. That can't be correct even for an arcade game. That should be part of the game as it is in real cricket.

in the game, on a level without footwork assistance, please explain how the game is supposed to know what shot you want to play if you just move the RAS, since that same direction will have a front-foot and a back-foot variation. (That is why in the context of the game, it is 100% correct that on high levels moving only the RAS won't have you hit the ball; you're penalised for not providing the correct input. )

----------

Again my point is being missed. I'm talking more about the ball hitting your bat if you don't use the LS. That can't be correct even for an arcade game. That should be part of the game as it is in real cricket.

as above, it's correct on high levels, because you haven't provided the input. on a lower level it'll decide the shot for you because it provides footwork assistance. it shouldn't work on a high level.

and again, in real cricket, for 1000000000th time, the batsman still provides "input" to his legs, in the form of weight transference. it is baffling that you can't get that.

----------

You make absolutely no sense, they're going to bug-fix after the game is released, do you read anything? It's not like when you own the game "that's it, deal with it". If there's issues upon release (there will be) they'll fix them. Why bother now when you see only a tiny fraction of the whole picture?

Don't get me wrong, feel free to find these erroneous LBW's ...but to me it's like staring at a shot of the Mona Lisa's eyeball and going "...well, that eyelash is not the correct colour for a brunette" and then you see the whole image a few days later and realize you looked like a muppet worrying about it at all because it's the f'n Mona Lisa! Will there be bad decisions coded? Of course. In the context of the game, will they be wrong? We won't know until we own the game. At a guess, I'm speculating any LBW's you are seeing contains the code from the main game which includes the option to refer a decision. You may well be seeing decisions the AI is giving out and expecting you to refer.

If not, then yeah, there's prolly a dodgy LBW or two happening. I would be surprised as supriseman in the year of surprise if the game came out and there wasn't a weird "out" or two packed in the box. Every cricket game has had em, usually they're related to the LBW rule or a run-out/stumping issue.

I "fancied myself" to type a long post because that's how you make a point, with ample evidence and common sense all wrapped up in neatly formed jovial paragraphs. I believe the kids these days call it "havin' a yarn, mate".

but ross did say earlier the "net" LBW should be the full game LBW, so i think if we see "rule" howlers (like being outside off playing a shot), and i mean howlers, not marginal calls, i think it's worth flagging up, and ross did ask for that

It's ok grkrama he's having a go at me not you. That post sums up all that Biggs is I'm afraid. Intolerant of other people's views and opinions and abusive.

Even on IC10 you had to choose front or back foot, there was an assistance on the lower levels which would from time to time get it wrong and you'd edge one, but it was still there!! Like some have said before on the easy levels the assistance will choose for you but its still making a decision to play off one foot or the other, on the higher levels YOU have to specify which foot to play off! I really don't understand wtf all the debate is for or why tbh!! I'm not a gamer, but I must admit it has been interesting to see how bigant have approached the task, I've played cricket at a decent level in my youth, and despite several knee ops have played last season again and can honestly say if it was possible to play without footwork, I could've played more between operations!! As far as I'm concerned as a cricketer, the controls seem spot on for a game that reflects playing the sport!! As Biggs said(as much as I don't like to agree with him half the time) if there are things that need tweaking, wait til we've seen the whole picture then offer feedback!! It's not goin to be perfect first time out, but from what we've experienced it's a damn sight closer than anything else, and looks miles better too.

I am having sleepless nights about the effect the winddirection will have on the flow of hair, particurlarly in the outfield.......sorry guys but this thread is starting to look like an Autism Scrapbook......no offence to Autistic members.

Even on IC10 you had to choose front or back foot, there was an assistance on the lower levels which would from time to time get it wrong and you'd edge one, but it was still there!! Like some have said before on the easy levels the assistance will choose for you but its still making a decision to play off one foot or the other, on the higher levels YOU have to specify which foot to play off! I really don't understand wtf all the debate is for or why tbh!! I'm not a gamer, but I must admit it has been interesting to see how bigant have approached the task, I've played cricket at a decent level in my youth, and despite several knee ops have played last season again and can honestly say if it was possible to play without footwork, I could've played more between operations!! As far as I'm concerned as a cricketer, the controls seem spot on for a game that reflects playing the sport!! As Biggs said(as much as I don't like to agree with him half the time) if there are things that need tweaking, wait til we've seen the whole picture then offer feedback!! It's not goin to be perfect first time out, but from what we've experienced it's a damn sight closer than anything else, and looks miles better too.

What's gone wrong AJ is Ian has made a boobie, but has decided that rather than be the big man and admit it, he'd rather be petty and small and claim it's all because we love Biggs and not him, remaining blind to his merits as general raconteur and thank receiver. That we disagree with him is of course impossible.

Also, history has been recast and now Biggs and I have never had a cross word, and are in fact due to be companions for a walking tour of the lake district this easter, where we shall lead Snowy and CaptainOz round in gimp masks, and plot zombieian's downfall. (And Biggs seems to hate grkrama, possibly due to that incident with MattW's sister.)

Last edited:
It'd be nice to have a week where Ian and grkarma didn't nitpick the damn BETA within an inch of its life.

It'd be nice to have a week where Ian and grkarma didn't nitpick the damn BETA within an inch of its life.

i think grkrama's points were perfectly valid, and were in fact asked for explicitly by Ross. Ross said the net LBW was the full game LBW and asked for examples of "wrong" decisions.

Ross, release the damn game already for the sake of sanity of PC members. :p
If this thread is any indication, you are risking lawsuits :spy

ok tried my best to get an incorrect LBW, from what i observed i think it gives LBW
only when the ball is going to hit the stumps definitely +1 for that
what i think its missing is whether its hitting in line with the stumps and if the player is offering shot.
this is were the inswingers or offies are testing us i guess and its a bummer to get LBW outside off stump, but in all cases i guess it is hitting the stump.
This could be a CA only thing due to all the stripping down, would be glad if ross could confirm that.

if anyone is interested in watching 20 mins of trying to get an unfair LBW i can upload it...i really tried hard but couldnt. The only discrepancy is hitting outside the line of stumps.

I beleive this is correct, I will confirm this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think grkrama's points were perfectly valid, and were in fact asked for explicitly by Ross. Ross said the net LBW was the full game LBW and asked for examples of "wrong" decisions.

Not specifically the LBW stuff. Between this and the magic leg side shot, I'm guessing a few people are tired of it. It's ignoring core gameplay mechanic (e.g. Move your feet to play a shot), and finding stuff which ends up not even being a problem in the full game.

Users who are viewing this thread