Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I missed all the fun last night guys, after hours of game of thrones all I can see is blood and Zombies new picture.

Ok last I will say about this LAS not being used on higher difficulties, at the moment if you don't use LAS the ball is missing everytime. How to fix this, easy no shot is played and the batsmen does nothing. SIMPLE. Peace.

Now for the new LBW I saw this agers ago but said nothing as I thought it's only in the net beta and the full game would be different. So yes I guess this needs a tweak also.

PS Last 360 defence added, on the higher difficulties pressing up on both sticks should be for Yorkers or full balls near the ankles. pressing up but a little to the right or left should do a glide to third man or off the hips to say fine leg or not that fine if not played well or edged onto the body of the batsmen or missed and goes to the body for a hit or the wicketkeeper. :spy

Ross had also mentioned that the umpires aren't to be trusted, and since we have BARS you're not goin to lose your review if it turns out you're right! There may be a possibility that when we get the game there may well be the odd one that's not right,(and you'll be able to use all the tools provided to analyse it) but if you watch cricket enough on tv ( which I do) there are times especially on the "umpires call" ones where I think DRS is flawed! If the ICC can't devise a system that is 100% accurate with all the money they have, how do we expect a game developer on a much smaller budget to? If bigant can do that, they'd be doin it already and making a lot of money from the ICC, and we wouldn't be looking forward to playing DB14, we'd be playing that abomination from trickster.

Wow, kinda glad I missed another massive session of utter bullshit. And here I was thinking it was over...

The only LBW issues i've had have been when advancing down the wicket. I just did a quick test and was given out twice - one was a straight one which would have gone on to hit and the other one that pitched way outside off but was coming in and would have gone on to hit, BUT a batsman should never be given out when they are so far down the pitch. It just doesn't happen.

Hey guys how about them video games! I heard this is one. It's going to be a pretty good one as well.

This isn't real life, things are going to work certain ways because this is a video game, that's how video games work.

This is a game attempting to be as realistic as possible though and replicate cricket in real life...

The only LBW issues i've had have been when advancing down the wicket. I just did a quick test and was given out twice - one was a straight one which would have gone on to hit and the other one that pitched way outside off but was coming in and would have gone on to hit, BUT a batsman should never be given out when they are so far down the pitch. It just doesn't happen.

Ive had that too!! I think that's going to be the biggest challenge for bigant. As I see it the game knows its going to hit the stumps whereas the umpire in real life can't be sure! We know that irl it wouldn't be given but how do you program the uncertainty of human decisions into a computer game?

Ive had that too!! I think that's going to be the biggest challenge for bigant. As I see it the game knows its going to hit the stumps whereas the umpire in real life can't be sure! We know that irl it wouldn't be given but how do you program the uncertainty of human decisions into a computer game?

I think you give them all not out, because an umpire would never give them out in real life. Ever. Of course you would have to review if you were the bowling side, but that's only what would happen in real cricket anyway. Batsmen need the benefit of the doubt when it comes to advancing down the wicket.

Damn....this LBW stuff has really gone out of hand whereas the only reason a few of us posted videos was because Ross wanted to see some lbw decision in 'nets' that were seen as 'out' incorrectly.

The decisions in the nets beta are in no way related to the decision making that would be available in the full game. Ross has already mentioned that they have just picked some code from the final game for determining whether the batsman is out in 'cricket academy nets beta only' so that we have a new scoring system to play around with in this beta. It is evident from the videos that the system for giving batsman out on lbw in this beta is dependent upon whether the ball is hitting the stumps or not. Stuff like the ball hitting the pad outside the line of off stump etc has not been coded into the nets beta but would be available in the full game.

I think we can put the discussion regarding the lbw decisions in the full game to rest as obviously things would play out quite differently in the full game and none of us have played it yet. Infact, the lbw decisions that we saw in the full game videos were perfect!

I have no issue with constructive feedback, zero. Grkramlamadingdong and Zombdizzle either just post stream of conciousness tripe or make shit up. Everyone's calling them on it but they're oblivious to it because "Biggs is so meanzors and getz thankz" or whatever weak position they're going with today.

If there's a genuine issue with the LBWs then present an argument coherently, don't surround it with trivial shit, which is exactly the point Snowy raised... Its so MUCH easier to take your feedback seriously if you're not wallowing in self pity about not getting "thanks" or trolling threads waiting to be pretend-moderator because you have delusions of granduer.

I've not had an LBW yet that I have thought I was hard done by, BUT, if I do see one when the game is out, it's much easier for me to present an issue or change to the game because I'm not banging on about cheerleaders or wanting to swing the bat like I've left the keys in a bowl at Blockers house...

...also lighten up. It's just a game. Jeyzuz.

I think you give them all not out, because an umpire would never give them out in real life. Ever. Of course you would have to review if you were the bowling side, but that's only what would happen in real cricket anyway. Batsmen need the benefit of the doubt when it comes to advancing down the wicket.

I agree with what you're saying but to the computer its out!! So how do you tell a computer that (a) is out because its hitting the stumps but (b) isn't out but its hitting the stumps! I'm asking how would you program a computer to be uncertain?? An umpire never would give you out because he can't be sure what will happen but a computer "knows" what will happen. I know nowt about programming but I don't think its possible to make a computer have "doubt" factored into its decision making,. It's kinda like telling it its wrong when its right!

One thing is for sure...Zombie won't have any cause for complaint over any LBW decisions he receives. #nofootmovement #plumbinfront

----------

I agree with what you're saying but to the computer its out!! So how do you tell a computer that (a) is out because its hitting the stumps but (b) isn't out but its hitting the stumps! I'm asking how would you program a computer to be uncertain?? An umpire never would give you out because he can't be sure what will happen but a computer "knows" what will happen. I know nowt about programming but I don't think its possible to make a computer have "doubt" factored into its decision making,. It's kinda like telling it its wrong when its right!

Just have an override that comes into play when the advance trigger has been pressed and the batsman has come down the pitch? Or something like that! I have no idea if it'd be possible or work.

Last edited:
Maybe if the impact is a certain length from the wicket its given not out? I just have visions of the computer doin a shaun ryder thinkin the programmer is "twistin its melon man"

Just have an override that comes into play when the advance trigger has been pressed and the batsman has come down the pitch? Or something like that! I have no idea if it'd be possible or work.

I dunno, man. There's plenty of LBWs given when a batsman has advanced down the pitch. That, and, if the ball hits you on the full and you're down the pitch, in front of the stumps you can (and should) be given out...

Just because you're down the wicket it doesn't absolve you of any LBW wrongs... It makes it harder for a human umpire. ...a CODED umpire on the other hand is different.

Users who are viewing this thread