Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

can i put an end to your discussions can it be done without totally moving you feet
yes,but without transferring weight in your upper body NO.
here are few links to help you guys understand
What it was like to take part in a wheelchair users? cricket tournament - PreAcquaint
Playing wheelchair cricket : Batting - YouTube

Again my point is being missed. I'm talking more about the ball hitting your bat if you don't use the LS. That can't be correct even for an arcade game. That should be part of the game as it is in real cricket.

Ok your complaint is that at the highest difficulty when you use RS alone you are not able to hit the ball at all.
Has it occured to you that its may be just a feature or variable in game that allows people to play the game fully at lowest difficulty just by using the right stick.
This feature becomes invalid for people playing at highest difficulty since they are expected to give precise footwork, this variable that helps people in low difficulty would now be having a value as to not help people, so that the players play the precise shots hence your enjoyment at legend mode, now if you want bat to hit the ball with just moving right stick lower the difficulty.
Or you havent tried it conclusively try it a 1000 times you may hit one in legend too.

Ok your complaint is that at the highest difficulty when you use RS alone you are not able to hit the ball at all.
Has it occured to you that its may be just a feature or variable in game that allows people to play the game fully at lowest difficulty just by using the right stick.
This feature becomes invalid for people playing at highest difficulty since they are expected to give precise footwork, this variable that helps people in low difficulty would now be having a value as to not help people, so that the players play the precise shots hence your enjoyment at legend mode, now if you want bat to hit the ball with just moving right stick lower the difficulty.
Or you havent tried it conclusively try it a 1000 times you may hit one in legend too.

Part of the art of batting is getting your foot to the pitch of the ball and general foot movement about the crease. Agreed?
If you don't use your feet in an actual game of cricket you are going to get out, correct? If you don't use your feet (LS) in the game the ball shouldn't just bypass your bat as if it wasn't there.
Even if you are playing at the highest level not all of your batsmen will be of the same standard. I think that not using the LS should still bring the bat into play.
By the way, this is meant as constructive as I've mentioned all along. The game is great as it is but I don't think the bat should become, in effect, transparent if you don't move your feet. It should be used as a way of penalising players who don't use their feet as in the actual game.

Last edited:
ok what happens now is when you play with just RS at LEgend there is footwork and some shot is played but it never ever seems to connect bat with ball right (citation required none of us have tried it conclusively but it seems so)and you want it otherwise. right?

ok what happens now is when you play with just RS at LEgend there is footwork and some shot is played but it never ever seems to connect bat with ball right (citation required none of us have tried it conclusively but it seems so)and you want it otherwise. right?

Correct. You should be penalised for not using your feet and the player shouldn't move until you do. i.e. Increased chance of being bowled or caught as it should be (maybe eventually) but, as I've said before this is only nitpicking because I do like it as it plays now.

Last edited:
actually the batsman is using the feet according to the game,(you are just not giving input to LS) so the solution you want for this is the batsman should edge and meet a few balls with bat even when using RS alone in Legend Mode.
Fair enough !

But whether it can be implemented without affecting other gameplay experience ross only can know and confirm.
I wouldnt want this happening by dumbing down legend a bit to pro level or something..

Personally its not big deal breaker for me i hardly tried to do that so its not an absolute essential, i dont know why i would do that in legend mode, you are taking that mode to give precise control and then if you are not doing it its more like refusing to play the game. One stick control is there specifically for lower modes and at higher modes you are offered more control over footwork with LS this doesnt mean you control footwork conclusively and if you dont press LS batsman feet dont move at all, no it doesnt work like that.

----------

^ I think I heard a nick in your video and maybe that's why it was given out (not for LBW, but for nick), but the one posted by Angad is definitely not out.
that second vid i posted had a noise but im not sure i nicked it if you watch the slomo version you will see, also this next one i posted i explained a bit there i definitely didnt nick it, LBW is just not getting the Outside line of stumps bit,otherwise i feel its definitely hitting stumps in all cases, this could be due to stripping down systems for CA.anyway ross will let us know.

I know you get used to using the LS and it isn't a big deal, but at the moment if the LS isn't moved the ball will pass through or miss the bat completely.

as in you mean through the middle of the bat?

It's hard to tell but you won't ever hit the ball even edge it.
Likewise, I suspect that if you leave the ball and don't move your feet there is no chance of edging the ball either.

It's hard to tell but you won't ever hit the ball even edge it.
i havent seen it pass trough the middle of the bat, if it occurs then its a bug, post a vid and im sure ross will look into it.
Likewise, I suspect that if you leave the ball and don't move your feetif you dont provide input with LS there is no chance of edging the ball either.
fixed.
its fair enough to ask for edges and bat meets ball just by wiggling RS in legend mode, whether to provide it or not is Ross choice as he will know all the factors that come into play if he goes to get that feature done.

'but its a feature you will hardly use and may be do it a few times just for the sake of it.
This is like asking for manual gear car and then saying i wont use the gear but i want it to keep moving just by pressing the accelerator.'
I will accept its odd when it happens but it is there only as long as you are going to keep doing it or trying it.

This is why we don't get more cricket games...

Back home from work now, missed anything exciting in this thread.

Briefly saw some pathetic attempt at on topic discussion thankfully stopped at source by in depth discussion of using you legs and hitting balls

Does this cover last 5 hours?

idont know why people started talking about legs and stuff.........

----------

you missed a few LBW discussions btw

For the slow of brain:

Since time immemorial, every good cricket game ever has required one thing upon playing a cricket shot. The selection of "front or "backfoot" to determine how the avatar reacts. Without this crucial decision, which one makes in reality, every time you play a shot, you generally would not hit, or "leave" the ball in the case of AC09. This is how you code a cricket game. You MUST select front/backfoot otherwise you're getting a game where the AI assists your decision making and automatically plays the correct shot. Which nobody wants in a game.

As has been pointed out a zillion times, it's about weight transference, not the physical movement of your feet, which happens anyway if you've ever played cricket before, but I digress. The game requires you to make a decision as to how you play the shot. Front foot, or back foot. Case closed.

BigAnt's Don Bradman Extreme Sports 4000 game now always requires you to move into position which has never been done before. You actually have to "take a stride" to meet the line/length of the delivery. If it's a shorter delivery, you are now not JUST required to press button B for "backfoot" you now have to move in line with the shorter delivery.

This is how it works also in real life.

Therefore, there are now three input elements built into the game, to determine how you hit the ball. Rather than the standard two.

1. Front or Back Foot
2. Get in line with the ball
3. Play the correct shot

To suggest that "well, you should also put an option in the game that allows you to wave the bat like a lightsaber, because I've done that once" DEFEATS the purpose of having a cricket game that ACCURATELY REFLECTS what happens 99.9% of the time in cricket. How many times does a batsman get out "hit wicket" - the correct answer is; Rarely.

To blab on for over half a dozen pages about how this feature should be in the game when 99% of the gaming-cricket-obsessed-nuts in this place have told you to put a sock in it, is the epitomy of cluelessness, coupled that with the defence of "well, I'm person A and I'm right because everybody just likes person B and I don't get any likes" is akin to turning up at a party you weren't invited to, picking your own music and opening the presents. NOBDODY likes your ideas, get over it. It's got nothing to do with "likes" or "personalities" it's simply your batshit insane suggestion that a cricket game in the year 2014 should include the option to wave your arms like the Kenyan flag on the top of Everest and be able to hit the ball.

That's why we can't get good cricket games, because sensible suggestions and tweaks get lost in the cacophony of idiotic suggestions made by the stupidest of people who think "this one time when I did this one thing, once" should be included in a game. The Hellicopter Shot, Sliding into the stumps, all these sorts of insane ramblings have happened and nobody wants those sorts of stupid things in a cricket game. Continuing discussion for pages and pages when you've been proven wrong time and time again just because you're an obstinate oddball doesn't equate to "allowing discussion". What it does do is totally and comprehensively confuse the message to developers who read this board DAILY and need to get concise feedback on actual, real bugs you're finding. "Not moving your feet and hitting the ball while you swing it like dead cat" is not something worth the time spent typing on it.

Whether the LBW decision is out or not, however, is fine and you can spend your time making videos and whatever else. There's been hundreds of weird "out" dismissals in cricket games over the years and I'm sure this will have them too. Guess what, find em, go to TOWN because that's worth time spent. I personally would prefer to wait until the actual game is out, when I'm actually playing it and report any issues then, as it's a bit hard to tell in a nets scenario without some replay feature to show me what happened, but I think that's a valuable use of time if you can be bothered about it and there's evidence to support it.

I'd hasten a guess you're prolly jumping the gun a little, but that's never stopped anyone before.

EDIT:

Chris Gayle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread