Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

NO not at all...

I just tried again and unless they are bowling wronguns, EVERY ball is outside off turning into the stumps.

EDIT: nevermind quit and started again, everything is fine now. you can all rest easy...

Never thought id enjoy batting in the nets so much!!

Last edited:
Hey Ross, will the nets in retail version be same with same options?
They are a little bit different to the ones I played on the test day - for example the 'aerial marker' - the circle around the ball - was off by default on the higher levels; and that counter wasn't there. Stuff like that might make the day zero patch though.

I just tried again and unless they are bowling wronguns, EVERY ball is outside off turning into the stumps.

EDIT: nevermind quit and started again, everything is fine now. you can all rest easy...

Never thought id enjoy batting in the nets so much!!

lol so your leggies are leggies now?

----------

So this circle around the ball does it highlight speed of delivery does it? And what counter r u talking about?

Cheers Matt Thought you meant there was a counter on the ball whilst being bowled etc...

Only been playing it for a few minutes but my first impressions are very good.

The controls are surprisingly intuitive. I haven't explored all of the possibilities yet but simply playing shots has been quite easy to learn.

I was having a nightmare timing it to the fast bowler so I've gone with spin now and am finding it a bit easier!

Anyone else finding it very hard to cut the ball?

Playing on legendary and sort of pathetically missing the ball when it's outside off..

Its also annoying that you need to play the shot so early. Means surely that everything is pre-meditated and you never actually watch the ball? I find myself pressing the shot before the ball even gets released in order to get ideal timing on the more difficult modes

Loving it so far, only managed to get a streak of 4 so far, haven't altered any settings as yet, good work Ross!

Anyone else finding it very hard to cut the ball?

Playing on legendary and sort of pathetically missing the ball when it's outside off..

Its also annoying that you need to play the shot so early. Means surely that everything is pre-meditated and you never actually watch the ball? I find myself pressing the shot before the ball even gets released in order to get ideal timing on the more difficult modes

Nope, keep playing you will find you can easily play on legend without premeditating anything. It makes it a real game.

I have had 3 very faint edges. LOVE IT.

They are a little bit different to the ones I played on the test day - for example the 'aerial marker' - the circle around the ball - was off by default on the higher levels; and that counter wasn't there. Stuff like that might make the day zero patch though.
So its basically going to remain same. The things you are talking about might be because of the old build you were playing on. Anyways, one way or the other, it is going to be the same as the one we are getting to play.
So guys, enjoy, you are getting to play a part of the game present in the final version.;)

Is it possible to be bowled by the machine? I've hit a straight drive and knocked the bails off at the other end but haven't been bowled myself yet.

I like how if you advance down the wicket and you miss it Don will instantly turn and get his bat back in the crease, instead of standing there like a loon as in previous cricket games.

Also I've found out how to slog it over cow corner now. :p

Is it possible to be bowled by the machine? I've hit a straight drive and knocked the bails off at the other end but haven't been bowled myself yet.

I like how if you advance down the wicket and you miss it Don will instantly turn and get his bat back in the crease, instead of standing there like a loon as in previous cricket games.

Also I've found out how to slog it over cow corner now. :p

In harder difficulties you will battle not to be bowled

If at rookie, I use the left stick, does it over-ride the foot placement assistance or is it 100% assisted?

Users who are viewing this thread