Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

For those saying that the 'Fast' bowling is too slow, it has been confirmed by the guys in the office that the fastest in the nets is 135km/h. So it's not going at full pace. :)

Of course I understand, I'm not saying it should be exactly the same which would be around 0.30 seconds reaction time for a 90 mph ball, but it should be sped up or have the option to be able to speed it up. EA07 with tutsi's patch had more realistic pace and that was playable. I can almost guarantee that once people get used to the controls and they become second nature that the lack of pace will be a common complaint.

We cricket gamers are a funny bunch, for years we have craved realism in a game, test matches that actually last for 5 days etc, but now people just want it to be fun. Well Ashes 09 was fun, for about 3 weeks.

Ashes 09 is still fun, get off my lawn...

...but it's mighty hard to turn that game on these days.

For those saying that the 'Fast' bowling is too slow, it has been confirmed by the guys in the office that the fastest in the nets is 135km/h. So it's not going at full pace. :)
Good to know :).

For anyone like me who thinks in imperial units, 135km/h equates to just under 84mph.

If we set a bowler's pace up to the max, what's the fastest possible delivery in the game?

Those who are saying they have mastered the fast bowling I would love to see them playing all the shots against fast bowling not just the front foot drive. Set the settings on pro level at least with random line and length and show the video.

Since you've been playing the game most, can you please let us know if it is possible to advance down the wicket and block or play along the ground? :)

Those who are saying they have mastered the fast bowling I would love to see them playing all the shots against fast bowling not just the front foot drive. Set the settings on pro level at least with random line and length and show the video.

I can do it pretty well. I will miss 2-3 in every 50 balls or so in average. But i can easily mix it up between leg glances, straight drives, hooks, cover drives (finally know how to do it) and cut shots. Would like to post a video but don't have any screen capture software.

Two things:

a) The bowling machine is a perfect ball, as in perfect input - you wont be doing that very often on the field :p

b) This is a video game guys, it will be exaggerated!

Fair, but with everything else looking and feeling so absolutely lifelike, and the sounds of the indoor sports hall, it just seems strange to have something so arcadey.

I can do it pretty well. I will miss 2-3 in every 50 balls or so in average. But i can easily mix it up between leg glances, straight drives, hooks, cover drives (finally know how to do it) and cut shots. Would like to post a video but don't have any screen capture software.

Which camera angle do you use?

Oh my...

I've seen a 162km/h in the playsession videos.

That means it is possible for you to face a ball that is 27km/h faster then what we have already faced in the nets. This is going to be an insanely fun game.

Oh my...

I've seen a 162km/h in the playsession videos.

That means it is possible for you to face a ball that is 27km/h faster then what we have already faced in the nets. This is going to be an insanely fun game.

What, so there is 100mph+ fast bowling in the game? ...its not unhistorical or unrealistic, but it would be nice if bowling THAT fast dramatically increased chances of injuries; as the chance of injury bowling that quickly is exponentially higher than even 90-95mph

The spin bowling from the playsession also looked a lot quicker and flatter, so I'm sure it will change up a lot in the full version.

Users who are viewing this thread