Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Thats why i always use the far camera. It gives the clear view always and its a little easier to spot the trajectory of the ball from that angle.

Today i finally got to play the net session. The feel of playing an "ideal" shot was amazing. So far I have played, pull, late cut, cover drives, slog sweep, aerial shots, straight drive, flicks of the pad and defensive shots - both front foot and back foot. Of course I haven't mastered any of the shots yet but it was good to see that you can play all these shots.

I am having hard time playing against the fast bowler. I am always late, seems like the only way I can play an ideal shot is if I play my shot before the ball has left the machine, but then I don't know where it would pitch? Is it like this with everyone or something wrong with my system?

Thats why i always use the far camera. It gives the clear view always and its a little easier to spot the trajectory of the ball from that angle.
Yeah, I may have to switch over as well. I feel I can judge the length of a delivery better on the Close camera though and it kind of feels more immersive being closer in, but after enough practice I should get used to Far I suppose.

A potential solution could be an option to "ghost" your player when the bowler is going round the wicket so you can see through him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Pro cam is best for judging length. Whatever you can see pitching, it is short so hook it or cut it and what you cannot see pitching, then it is full so play drives. But i may switch over between Far cam and Pro Cam. Maybe Far Cam for offline multiplayers and pro cam for the career mode.

----------

Yeah, I may have to switch over as well. I feel I can judge the length of a delivery better on the Close camera though and it kind of feels more immersive being closer in, but after enough practice I should get used to Far I suppose.

A potential solution could be an option to "ghost" your player when the bowler is going round the wicket so you can see through him.

That can work. I remember MLB games using the same method to make the keeper translucent when playing in behind the player camera.

How you guys manage to play the fast bowler? I am always late. When do you guys move the analogs stick?

How you guys manage to play the fast bowler? I am always late. When do you guys move the analogs stick?
You'll get there with practice, it's all about having the controls and movements for the particular shots in your muscle memory. You do have to react very quickly but after a couple of hours of play time you should see improvements :thumbs.

To check if your controller is responding properly, go to;

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right-click your controller > Game controller settings > Properties

From here you can test your controller inputs and see how responsive they are.

You have two ways:

1) Premeditate the footwork you gonna use. Front foot or backfoot. The play whatever shot you want to play. There is indeed a different animation in the game for a backfoot pull shot and front foot pull shot. Sometimes you may miss some ball but most of the time it should be okay. In a way it is realistic that in real life some players tend to rock on backfoot and play the ball late(Rohit Sharma) or jump on the frontfoot and meet the ball early (Ponting).
Personally i would stay on the backfoot most of the time in Aussie pitches and on frontfoot in Sub continental pitches.

2) Just move the both analogs in the same direction at the same time. Wherever you wanna hit the shot. It would move the foot in the direction exactly where you want to hit the ball. Thus it has a higher chance of success.
Downside of this method is that you wont get the variety in the shots which you could get while using different combinations of foot placement.

@Ross. Does the foot selection locks in after the ball is delivered? I tried being in the frontfoot position initially and changing it to backfoot after the ball is delivered for the short balls. It didnt work. Player still played the shot on the frontfoot.

Try playing the fast bowler with no HUD elements on.

And then try it around the wicket, or with a left handed batsmen.

The idea is for the game to be fun for the majority... never understood why people want the ball to hurtle towards them at 140kbph realistic to reality because that wouldn't be fun at all... thats why 99% of us here play cricket games on a computer, not represent our countries...

I don't think so, no.

Is it possible to advance down the track only to defend or run down the ball to long on?

Would really like an official word on this. Advancing down the track against spinners and playing along the ground (or defending) is a big part of playing in the sub-continent.

The idea is for the game to be fun for the majority... never understood why people want the ball to hurtle towards them at 140kbph realistic to reality because that wouldn't be fun at all... thats why 99% of us here play cricket games on a computer, not represent our countries...

I thought this is why there are different levels, the majority can play the mid levels for "fun" while the minority who want a realistic gameplay experience can play a harder level.

Do the majority want to be able to score at over 10 runs an over in unlimited overs too? It's not much fun only scoring 3/4 an over but personally that's what I want out of a cricket game.

I thought this is why there are different levels, the majority can play the mid levels for "fun" while the minority who want a realistic gameplay experience can play a harder level.

Do the majority want to be able to score at over 10 runs an over in unlimited overs too? It's not much fun only scoring 3/4 an over but personally that's what I want out of a cricket game.

But you do understand that playing a game where the speed of the ball is "realistic" is literally impossible, right? It is one thing to play a 140kph in real life where your brain can analyze the visual data and make your hand react instinctively. On the other hand in video games, your brain not only have to analyze a quite inferior visual data but also needs to "translate" the controls to get to a decision on how the fingers should move. It really is quite a lengthy process for the brain and close to impossible to play for most.

Last edited:
Multiplayer cannot be achieved if there is less time for the delivery than the round-robin updates of ball position across the internet.

...the majority can play the mid levels for "fun" while the minority who want a realistic gameplay experience can play a harder level.

You're not listening to what I (and everyone) has been saying... What you're looking for is to have a challenging experience, not a realistic experience.

You're never ever going to get a realistic experience.

It's not Cricket Simulator 2014.

Based on what I've seen, you will get a challenging one.

Users who are viewing this thread