Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

The drift is pathetically unrealistic. Thought rossboy might of actually faced a spinner in his time. obviously not. But hey, who am i to argue. He knows his science. Apparently. And its a video game. It will be exaggerated!!! Forget realism people.

The pro camera is a beautiful example of a horrendously unuseable turd. But remember people it's too realistic to think that all cameras in the game are useable. Its a video game. It will be exaggerated!!!

As for having to pre-meditate shots to try and get bat on ball. Sure its not realistic. But games are not meant to be. No one wants this. They never have apparently. Its a video game. It will be exaggerated!!!

Now we can safely assume the gameplay will be just as unrealistic. AI runrates of 10 rpo in tests. It was awesome in ashes cricket 09. Oh the fun to be had when the ai tee'd off at 15 runs per over. Who wants realism? No one. Apparently. Its a video game. It will be exaggerated!!!

Ya see, realism is over rated. Why would you want a realistic video game? Sure its been the one thing that everyone has wanted in a cricket game since they were first made. But you lot need to put all your past apprehensions about unrealistic cricket games aside cos you are wrong. WRONG. You need to understand no one wants realism in a video game. That?s why for golfers think Pokemon is a great game - its the best mis-representation of golf you can get. And Forza 4's realism alone makes it the worst game ever made.

Whoever wants realism in a game, what the hell have you been thinking???? This is 2013 for gods sake.

Come at me fanboys (and unfortunate sheep shaggers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerning the drift, yes it is alot, but if you actually think about it and not jump to conclusions I think its pretty safe to say that the amount of drift is for balancing. Without it it would be pretty damn easy to adjust to the line and length and smash it where ever you want, the drift now keeps you guessing and makes spin bowling challenging.

It would have been interesting to have centre wicket practice in the game :)

Get a better feeling for how the ball drifts on a pitch
and get a feeling for how the pitches play :)

The game itself has that with the match practice option, but there's only so much they are going to include in a free beta.

cool fair enough

look afford to it

be good to get a idea of how to play before we start our career mode

How the pitches reacts

Are we going to see pitches like what we have a the WACA lots of cracks

Well I have no problem with the exaggerated drift in the game as that is the only way to prevent people from scoring 20+ RPO of a spinner. My intention was to point out that the implementation is unrealistic/exaggerated.. whatever you may want to call it.
Sometimes It's just not right IMO, as a Leggie bowling to a RH batsman OTW and a Left Arm spinner bowling ATW to a RH batsman cannot have same type of drift and trajectory. But certainly, some people need to open their eyes up, see what it really is and stop jumping to conclusions.
Guess we'll have to wait for the full game to release before we can judge it.

Well I have no problem with the exaggerated drift in the game as that is the only way to prevent people from scoring 20+ RPO of a spinner. My intention was to point out that the implementation is unrealistic/exaggerated.. whatever you may want to call it.
Sometimes It's just not right IMO, as a Leggie bowling to a RH batsman OTW and a Left Arm spinner bowling ATW to a RH batsman cannot have same type of drift and trajectory. But certainly, some people need to open their eyes up, see what it really is and stop jumping to conclusions.
Guess we'll have to wait for the full game to release before we can judge it.

It's exaggerated because the spin is so slow in the nets, if you bowl a quick flat ball there will be less drift I think, quicker + sharp turn will be equally difficult to play.

Would really like an official word on this. Advancing down the track against spinners and playing along the ground (or defending) is a big part of playing in the sub-continent.

enough of tokyo drift talk, discuss the quote.

It may be difficult to do from the animation side of things, but I'd like to be able to dance down the pitch and then choose my shot as in real life.

had enough net practice , advance shot on fast bowling looks unrealistic , probably no chance to connect the ball after ball released, only can connect just before the machine release it after beep, secondly the Orthodox shots look good and very real :)

Last edited:
finally found my controller and had a go at the nets....:eek: how good is this??? dunno bout everyone else but I spent almost all my time in the pro mode (first person view) and playing at Legendary without any ball indicators. After a few balls I was able to pick up the line/length and adjust accordingly. man, this brings back memories of playing cricket all those years ago. :cheers I've sent the link to the CA back to my old cricket mates...they'll love it for sure.

Can't wait for the full game.

re batting:
1. how do we do sweeps and/or slog sweeps? is this possible?
2. how do we do reverse sweeps? I've seen others do it I think but haven't figured it out yet. I'm assuming this is using the unorthodox shot?

Users who are viewing this thread