Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Correct, except they're dimples, like a golf ball :)

I'm pretty sure the balls being used in dbc14 nets is a white cricket ball with a seam.....no dimples :p

----------

I'll do it and post the video by eod tomorrow :)

here we go...some of the videos from my net practise session.
My Practise session of Cricket Academy - YouTube
avc cricket academy beta 2013 12 16 23 05 59 48 - YouTube
avc cricket academy beta 2013 12 16 23 06 32 43 - YouTube
avc cricket academy beta 2013 12 16 23 07 05 15 - YouTube
avc cricket academy beta 2013 12 16 23 18 46 33 - YouTube

Please note, I have tried to play all shots but considering the length and line few were still left out. Not saying I have mastered but now I think I am very much aware of when to and how to move analog sticks to play the shots.

Well...it's a totally different ball game when the bowler would be bowling at you and you won't know what line he is bowling at till he releases the ball. Also, I noticed you are plonking your front foot forward most of the time......this technique works fine in the nets, however the bowlers in real life (online gameplay) would sort it out easily. I still feel batting would be difficult when facing proper bowlers, specially in online matches.

I'm starting to think this is too realistic. I'm falling into the same traps as when I bat in real life ;)
Same here, just imagine how it's going to be when you've got fielders positioned to try and tempt you into playing the wrong shots with aggressive bowling... Can't wait :).

I'm pretty sure the balls being used in dbc14 nets is a white cricket ball with a seam.....no dimples :p

The Physics are that of the "normal" ball that would come from a machine, the appearance of the ball is that of one from the Bradman Foundation. I think they sell them from their website or at the museum :)

I'm starting to think this is too realistic. I'm falling into the same traps as when I bat in real life ;)

Same here, have no trouble playing cuts outside off and anything short gets pulled away, but when its pitched up on my pads or the spinners on I'm not so sure. Really excited to play the full game, if bowlings as tough this game is gonna have huge longevity, its great that I can see it being fairly easy to pick up and play on rookie, but to master it on legend will take a long time.

I can absolutely see my first career mode run not making it terribly far contract-wise, haha.

I play a lot of premeditated shots. Not sure if it's my laptop or my inability to pick up the line quickly. lol Probably the latter.

Last edited:
Surely there is. You can hear that it sounds like a ball being struck in an indoor cricket centre.

Can anybody else hear the car driving past in the background sometimes? Or maybe I'm hearing things?

The sounds are, as I indicated, recorded in real indoor nets at the MCG.

Also, Jimmy's been messing with us.... I can confirm there are subtle sounds of passing traffic, it's wasn't CaptainOZ's just "hearing things", we could have guessed that though because we know he doesn't hear voices :p

Anyone got any bat pads yet?

On rookie and amateur mode you can bat with ras only, for rest las is required alongwith ras. What i love most is even the leave can be decided by las to be a front foot leave or backfoot leave.

I've got a few that short leg would easily take, sometimes inside edging a drive onto my pads.

Ball hitting bat sound is really lovely to hear .It is really giving such a realistic feeling .KUDOs to DBC team really.You must have worked really hard to get it done.:clap

Wow, this is awesome! I can see this working as a cricket training simulation, loads of fun!

Isnt it wonderful that the nets have been out only a days and already we are seeing different people having different play styles and difficulties just like it is in real work cricket. Like some people are able to play well off the front foot but some are better playing off the backfoot, some are finding pace bowling easy while some play spin well, some are able to play well on the offside while some on the leg, some are able to pick the line and length early while some are struggling with it, some prefer playing with the hud ball circle switched on while some (like me :p) prefer playing with them turned off!!! It is also safe to assume that the strengths and weaknesses we are facing in this game are closely related to the ones when we play real cricket :thumbs (e.g. I can play full deliveries quite well, while the shorter ones trouble me in real life as well)!

Users who are viewing this thread