Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Isnt it wonderful that the nets have been out only a days and already we are seeing different people having different play styles and difficulties just like it is in real work cricket. Like some people are able to play well off the front foot but some are better playing off the backfoot, some are finding pace bowling easy while some play spin well, some are able to play well on the offside while some on the leg, some are able to pick the line and length early while some are struggling with it, some prefer playing with the hud ball circle switched on while some (like me :p) prefer playing with them turned off!!! It is also safe to assume that the strengths and weaknesses we are facing in this game are closely related to the ones when we play real cricket :thumbs (e.g. I can play full deliveries quite well, while the shorter ones trouble me in real life as well)!

you'll find the same with bowling. We have guys in the office who can thunder a bouncer down the pitch - but cant spin for toffee. While others get 2700rpm from a bowler.

Isnt it wonderful that the nets have been out only a days and already we are seeing different people having different play styles and difficulties just like it is in real work cricket. Like some people are able to play well off the front foot but some are better playing off the backfoot, some are finding pace bowling easy while some play spin well, some are able to play well on the offside while some on the leg, some are able to pick the line and length early while some are struggling with it, some prefer playing with the hud ball circle switched on while some (like me :p) prefer playing with them turned off!!! It is also safe to assume that the strengths and weaknesses we are facing in this game are closely related to the ones when we play real cricket :thumbs (e.g. I can play full deliveries quite well, while the shorter ones trouble me in real life as well)!

True. I am very good at offside deliveries while the ones directed towards leg gets me into a tangle. I get confused about whether to go front or back foot. My favorite "shot" so far has been padding against spin. The batsman makes sure the ball hits him outside the line of the stumps to take lbw outta the equation which is really cool to see. I can see myself doing it all day to draw a test ma tch against blocker.

----------

you'll find the same with bowling. We have guys in the office who can thunder a bouncer down the pitch - but cant spin for toffee. While others get 2700rpm from a bowler.

Yes, from the controls it seems that will be an issue for me also. I will have a hard time bowling spin, but will have more fun doing it right.

True. I am very good at offside deliveries while the ones directed towards leg gets me into a tangle. I get confused about whether to go front or back foot. My favorite "shot" so far has been padding against spin. The batsman makes sure the ball hits him outside the line of the stumps to take lbw outta the equation which is really cool to see. I can see myself doing it all day to draw a test ma tch against blocker.

----------

Yes, from the controls it seems that will be an issue for me also. I will have a hard time bowling spin, but will have more fun doing it right.

i think you'll find you end up with your goto style.

i hope with got the balance right, especially with concentration, you need to keep concentrating or the game will get you.

I can imagine that!! Also, One of MattW's post mentioned that he enjoyed bowling in this game even more than batting, which also suggests that people who enjoy bowling in real life (over batting) would find the same in this game as well :cheers

You guys should be (and I am sure already are) so proud of this game and how well you have replicated the game of cricket in it!!!

Hey Mike, while you are on here. Can you shed light on how WK career mode will work out? Do we have to catch each and every ball or only few selected deliveries? And can we move him near the stumps against the quickies?

Lol, given how bad and boring bowling was in previous games, anyone will be impressed the most with the bowling system. Why the hell no one ever bothered to use the right stick to spin the ball? Such a simple and "in your face" idea.

Also, One of MattW's post mentioned that he enjoyed bowling in this game even more than batting, which also suggests that people who enjoy bowling in real life (over batting) would find the same in this game as well :cheers

That's music to my ears. Can't wait to get to my hometown and have a go at the nets; doesn't matter if it's only batting at the moment xD

What'll be really great is if our Test Matches can actually reach the 5th day like today

What'll be really great is if our Test Matches can actually reach the 5th day like today

Seeing the batting so far, I think this time it would be 'us' instead of the 'ai' who would would be responsible for the matches not lasting 5 days :p

Just another bit of info today from the offices to allay some of the fears about the drift.

The ball was coming out of the machine on spin at maximum drift (it was the way the ball was angled in the machine), thus causing what is seen as somewhat unrealistic drift/movement for regular spinners deliveries.

Those who are really good will get drift similar to that, but only if your skills, attributes and ability match it.

Is the bowling machine's skills level with that of a world class international player?

It depends, do you mean "English world class" or "Aussie world class"?* :lol

*ok. I'll stop now... maybe

Hey Mike, while you are on here. Can you shed light on how WK career mode will work out? Do we have to catch each and every ball or only few selected deliveries? And can we move him near the stumps against the quickies?
HBK, you may answer to it too. ;)

It depends, do you mean "English world class" or "Aussie world class"?*

*ok. I'll stop now... maybe
Ha ha, ha ha. Do you go to sleep at night constantly laughing at your own clever and original jokes? It's a good thing you chose to be a game developer rather than a comedian.

Ha ha, ha ha. Do you go to sleep at night constantly laughing at your own clever and original jokes? It's a good thing you chose to be a game developer rather than a comedian.

It's a good thing you're not making a comedy game :p

Yours was so funny you needed to say it twice :p

Anyway, yeah, someone's got to laugh... I crack myself up! :lol

Users who are viewing this thread