Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Man I've been so distracted with all the cricket on at the moment that I didn't even notice that we were getting a update today!

How exciting! I usually wait all week for it, this is a great suprise!

Just wondering if anyone else is getting bowled in the nets when you do a backfoot defence shot to a normal length ball, if no just try this and see if it happens to you.

Just push down on both AL sticks at the same time with the defence trigger pressed in. PS I made it happened three times in a row.:eek:

Just wondering if anyone else is getting bowled in the nets when you do a backfoot defence shot to a normal length ball, if no just try this and see if it happens to you.

Just push down on both AL sticks at the same time with the defence trigger pressed in. PS I made it happened three times in a row.:eek:

Why are you pushing RS down? That makes the batsman play in soft hand and that is why the ball is going backwards after blocking. Press down in LS and up on RS to block in backfoot.

Why are you pushing RS down? That makes the batsman play in soft hand and that is why the ball is going backwards after blocking. Press down in LS and up on RS to block in backfoot.

Thanks dude. I don't know why I stuck to doing it that way.:facepalm

PS Still if you want to get yourself out there is a easy way to do that now.;)

PS Hands down the best controls for batting I have seen, pitch parker what's that.:thumbs

Hey guys i do not have a graphic card and can not buy it at this stage, anyway to run this?

CA with nets runs on my tablet which has a i5 Haswell mobile chip (latest chipset but underpowered compared to a desktop PC) and the intel HD4000 onboard graphics processor. So yes, you can run the game without having a PC with a dedicated graphics card, however your CPU needs to be pretty robust to cope.

----------

Just quickly, my most satisfying moment (as alot of other people have also mentioned) was the first time I got an edge that went backwards. Was slowly ramping up the difficulty when I set it on novice bowler, pro batsman and pro general difficulty.. went for a straight drive on a fast bowler and edged the ball onto the stumps.. I just sat back in my chair with my jaw dropped to the ground and went 'wow' about 10 times.

also if someone has achieved the varying shot power kindly upload its video :spy

You can see the variable shot power in this video at 2:24(right trigger pressed half way down) and 2:33 and 2:40 (right trigger pressed 1/4th of the way down).

Last edited by a moderator:
@BigAntStudios, Can you make skin tones independent of ethnicity? I just cannot get my facial structure correct when i use ethnicity as Indian but i get the correct skin tone there. Only when i set the ethnicity as Caucasian that i get almost perfect features of my face. But then i don't get my skin tone correct.

It's easier to think of the RAS as pushing it in the direction you want to hit the ball, rather than the type of shot.

It doesn't take much imagination to see us having to pick gaps in the field - something I am excited about as I don't believe we've been able to properly do this before in a cricket game.

It's easier to think of the RAS as pushing it in the direction you want to hit the ball, rather than the type of shot.

It doesn't take much imagination to see us having to pick gaps in the field - something I am excited about as I don't believe we've been able to properly do this before in a cricket game.

Yes mate I am looking forward to playing myself in and watching the ball in game, it's the AI that will be the final test for me.

Hoping to see bowlers working us over not just a random set of balls each other.

@BigAntStudios, Can you make skin tones independent of ethnicity? I just cannot get my facial structure correct when i use ethnicity as Indian but i get the correct skin tone there. Only when i set the ethnicity as Caucasian that i get almost perfect features of my face. But then i don't get my skin tone correct.

good suggestion. had a few of those problems creating buddies of mine whose face structure resembles a different ethnicity then they originally are. In such cases it is hard to find the right skin color under that ethnicity

I have realized best way to play the spinners is to stay on the back foot. Hold the LAS down, if it's a full delivery, push LAS forward and play the frontfoot drive, otherwise you can easily cut, pull or play drive off the back foot. Made playing spin bowling easier!

Last edited:
I have realized best way to play the spinners is to stay at the bat foot. Hold the LAS down, if it's a full delivery, push LAS forward and play the frontfoot drive, otherwise you can easily cut, pull or play drive of the back foot. Made playing spin bowling easier!

I recall the main objective of some spin bowlers in international cricket was to pitch the ball on a length to get the batsmen on the front foot, hence I think it is easier to play spin bowling off the backfoot, which is another thing that Bigant have simulated very nicely!

I recall the main objective of some spin bowlers in international cricket was to pitch the ball on a length to get the batsmen on the front foot, hence I think it is easier to play spin bowling off the backfoot, which is another thing that Bigant have simulated very nicely!

Yeah I think it's very real in this regard. If you play late, you'are able to play most of the proper shots but if you try to play spinners off the frontfoot you miss a lot. If you remain on the backfoot you can easily pick the line and play accordingly. Drift didn't bother me much either.

----------

Played quite a few aerial shots off Medium and spin bowling. I am pretty sure I hit quite a few sixes, especially of medium bowling. Ball was flying. Felt good!

Not sure if anyone else had found this because I skip over a lot of the posts now but there are now a heap more tours made in the tour designer.

Users who are viewing this thread