Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I think the delay thing has happened to everyone and it generally is a wide ball after the delay

Yes the machine will beep, delay and then fire a ball very wide of off stump. Hopefully this will be fixed in the update released tomorrow.

Question about reducing power. Is it done by partial pressing of the right stick or of the trigger/s (or both)?

also if someone has achieved the varying shot power kindly upload its video :spy

Question about reducing power. Is it done by partial pressing of the right stick or of the trigger/s (or both)?

Only triggers.

----------

also if someone has achieved the varying shot power kindly upload its video :spy

I can achieve very noticeable difference in power when playing defensive shots depending on how much I press the RT.

yes me too. I haven't noticed the same variation in aggressive trigger, but I don't connect very often with aggressive shots :) have definitely noticed a defensive variation though.

i'll try and capture video. I was using adobe captivate (trial) and my computer can't run that and nets... anyone have any suggestion what else to try?

Although I haven't mastered it by any means, but looks brilliant. I can feel myself taking the shots, as opposed to older games which were just 'press this key and directions'. I love that unorthodox, aggressive grounded, aggressive loft, defense, advancing down the crease and normal shots have their own controls, with the front foot and back foot distinct (how do you switch between them anyway, I can't seem to :p). This is serious variety. Let's combine that with a competent AI and batting attributes and mentality, and bang you'd have got the batting system mastered Big Ant! I'm more than excited to test the new bowling controls out though!

yes me too. I haven't noticed the same variation in aggressive trigger, but I don't connect very often with aggressive shots :) have definitely noticed a defensive variation though.

i'll try and capture video. I was using adobe captivate (trial) and my computer can't run that and nets... anyone have any suggestion what else to try?
Same here, I suppose it will be easier to see the variation on aggressive shots in the full game when we can see where abouts in the outfield the ball ends up rather than trying to judge from speed/depth perception in the nets.

There's definitely a difference in defensive shots, using a 360 controller if you barely hold down the right trigger so it is just registering an input and play a defensive shot with the line of the ball, it seems it has enough pace to beat a fielder.

Although I haven't mastered it by any means, but looks brilliant. I can feel myself taking the shots, as opposed to older games which were just 'press this key and directions'. I love that unorthodox, aggressive grounded, aggressive loft, defense, advancing down the crease and normal shots have their own controls, with the front foot and back foot distinct (how do you switch between them anyway, I can't seem to :p). This is serious variety. Let's combine that with a competent AI and batting attributes and mentality, and bang you'd have got the batting system mastered Big Ant! I'm more than excited to test the new bowling controls out though!
I love how you don't magically hit the ball in the air by choosing a "six hit attempt" button... If you don't get your footwork right and can't get under the ball then you can end up just hitting it into the ground. There's a real tactile feeling to how the controls relate to the physics, and the ball feels like it's a seperate entity, I think it's very impressive.

Looking forward to this update, whatever it may bring, hopefully the Big Ant team are feeling generous in this season of giving! :p

You can run the game via Game Booster. It has screen capture and video capture functionality built in, and is much easier on the system. Plus it's free to use.

You can run the game via Game Booster. It has screen capture and video capture functionality built in, and is much easier on the system. Plus it's free to use.

cheers, i'll check it out. generally my computer runs the nets fine - which I wasn't expecting it to! - but when I tried it with captivate too it became very laggy. i'll try the game booster.

Hey guys i do not have a graphic card and can not buy it at this stage, anyway to run this?

That's what I'm doing. I can run the nets on the lowest settings but the full game will have to be on Xbox.
You're on Xbox again then these days? I'll be getting the game on the 360 too, we should have some games! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread