Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

**** SORRY GUYS **** ISSUES FOUND **** DELAY TO 7PM

crazy-dog.jpg

This will be me at 7.

When I load CA it goes to black screen with the waiting screen. Help

Has anyone been able to play the leg glance to fine leg yet??? I have tried everything and yet not been able to play the ball there. The times when I thought everything was in line to play that shot, the batsman decided to play a late cut to third man even when I had chosen to play the shot on the leg side.

Update:

Have finally been able to hit quite a few balls don to fine leg.....some of them were very fine indeed :cheers. As Blocker had mentioned, to hit it fine, you would need the ball a little wide on the leg side (thus getting across to off with your footwork for deliveries pitched on middle-leg helps) and need to time it late. You need not be aiming fine as well to execute the shot, as the real time physics would take the ball fine when playing late. It's easier to time the ball late when playing with the close batsman cam as compared to the far one. Also, the extra pace in the latest CA update helps as well :D

Did anyone vary between different mentalities i.e. Precise, Aggresive, Brute, Opportunist etc and see how they affect our shots?

Update:

Have finally been able to hit quite a few balls don to fine leg.....some of them were very fine indeed :cheers. As Blocker had mentioned, to hit it fine, you would need the ball a little wide on the leg side (thus getting across to off with your footwork for deliveries pitched on middle-leg helps) and need to time it late. You need not be aiming fine as well to execute the shot, as the real time physics would take the ball fine when playing late. It's easier to time the ball late when playing with the close batsman cam as compared to the far one. Also, the extra pace in the latest CA update helps as well :D

So do you plant your front foot forward and towards off or do you have to take an off stump guard?

You mentioned you need not be aiming fine, does that imply you actually aim to the left with the right analog (ie towards square leg)?

Did anyone vary between different mentalities i.e. Precise, Aggresive, Brute, Opportunist etc and see how they affect our shots?

Have seen subtle changes in the approach to the batting, if I chose "precise" then lofting shots becomes slightly harder unless it is in the zone, however when I chose "brute" lofting shots became easier. So there are surely subtle changes yet very effective one.

So do you plant your front foot forward and towards off or do you have to take an off stump guard?

You mentioned you need not be aiming fine, does that imply you actually aim to the left with the right analog (ie towards square leg)?

What I did was take a mid stump guard, and for any ball going down the leg, I tried playing a late shot towards square leg (infact just behind it), and when timed really late, it would go to fine leg. I wish it was easier to do that though as normally playing down fine leg against fast bowlers is normally the go to shot for a lot of players specially when the ball is heading towards the leg. However, having said that, I normally miss such deliveries in real life as well.....so maybe my reflexes + Line and length judgement is not suitable to play that shot :p

What I did was take a mid stump guard, and for any ball going down the leg, I tried playing a late shot towards square leg (infact just behind it), and when timed really late, it would go to fine leg. I wish it was easier to do that though as normally playing down fine leg against fast bowlers is normally the go to shot for a lot of players specially when the ball is heading towards the leg. However, having said that, I normally miss such deliveries in real life as well.....so maybe my reflexes + Line and length judgement is not suitable to play that shot :p

Perfect, thanks for teaching me!

You're right, we should probably be able to play the leg glance with 'ideal' timing just as we can play the cut to third man with 'ideal' timing. Aiming towards fine leg with ideal timing currently somehow makes the batsman play a cut towards third man.

downloaded for 3 hours and when i did got removed by my norton anti virus, said the file had threats :@

Users who are viewing this thread