Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I can think of plenty of Aussie players who won't be using it...
It's really pretty funny that the country that has pushed the boundaries of gamesmanship and not walking the most can get so high and mighty about a situation caused by them blowing their reviews on ridiculous appeals.

Agreed that it is a stupid hypocrisy. The original issue should have been the horrible decision by Dar.

Or we hear Aussies talking about how Broad hit it to slip. No he didn't...
It hit Haddin's gloves and diverted.

I guess Australia were clutching at straws at that point to try and get an edge on England. If only they'd known... :rolleyes

Agreed barmy. But it's also a lot of fun to have a 'villain' to get into.

Why does that tour have any relevance to this discussion?

Even as an Australian I can't stand people giving Broad grief for not walking. He slightly edged it into the keepers glove which then went to slip. 99% of players who faintly edge the ball don't walk.

I think people getting into Broad believe that he hit the ball to slip, when he didn't.

Or they just don't like the guy because he's English and want to get in on the fun. In that case I can understand and condone their actions. :p

----------

I guess Australia were clutching at straws at that point to try and get an edge on England. If only they'd known...

Some countries don't throw in the towel after the first day of the opening game :wave

The saying used to be " the only time an Australian walks is when his car runs out of petrol" since impersonation is a sign of flattery, Broad was just showing his admiration. Lets just hope he tells our next opponents to " get ready for a broken arm" and rips through them ala Johnson.

Some countries don't throw in the towel after the first day of the opening game
You're right. But at least some countries don't throw in the towel before getting on the plane, as was the case against India in 2013 when the likes of Moises Henriques were picked. Some Aussies seem to have a rather selective memory. It wasn't that long ago that you were near the bottom of the test pile.

It disgusts me that Broad did not walk and I think he is a cheat, however I don't think the Australians are in any position to give him grief because this ashes tour was one of the mos unsportsmanlike I've ever seen and I know not a single one of them would walk if they thought they could get away with it.

It disgusts me that Broad did not walk and I think he is a cheat, however I don't think the Australians are in any position to give him grief because this ashes tour was one of the mos unsportsmanlike I've ever seen and I know not a single one of them would walk if they thought they could get away with it.
I don't like Broad as much as the next Aussie, but you can't call him a cheat without admitting that almost every cricketer of the last 20 years is a cheat as well. It's not as if he middled it to slip, and you see very few cases of walking in international cricket.

If Haddin hadn't dropped the catch, none of us would be talking about it, so #haddinsfault

You must think almost all cricketers are cheats then! As a batsman you know better than anyone if you have hit the ball - even the faintest of edges you can hear - especially if anyone else has heard it. The only time someone else might have a better idea is if it's a bump-ball or you hit the ground at the same time as the ball.

But leaving the decision up to the umpire is part of the game, the same way players don't line-up for the next delivery and tell the umpire it wasn't out if he gets the decision wrong. It's not cheating, it's just tradition.

You must think almost all cricketers are cheats then! As a batsman you know better than anyone if you have hit the ball - even the faintest of edges you can hear - especially if anyone else has heard it. The only time someone else might have a better idea is if it's a bump-ball or you hit the ground at the same time as the ball.

But leaving the decision up to the umpire is part of the game, the same way players don't line-up for the next delivery and tell the umpire it wasn't out if he gets the decision wrong. It's not cheating, it's just tradition.

And just because something is tradition, it doesn't mean we have to follow it. In fact, tradition is a bad reason to follow anything.

If someone is out, and they are given not out when they REALLY were out, that's a problem that should be fixed. And a player who doesn't walk when he is out is cheating the system. That's got to be remedied.

You must think almost all cricketers are cheats then!

I must say, when someone of the likes of Haddin says to the umpire 'You know.. I'm not 100% certain that I got my fingers under it' without even being asked, shows there is still a little bit of honesty in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread