Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I've had more fun in these nets than in any full game released.. It shows the shambolic state of cricket gaming, we should have been having this for years..

The difference between this and Mike Fagan cricket 13 is astounding..

----------

Guys, sorry for the interruption when you all are talking about how awesome the game is, but I am not able to play any shot at all! :P It might be something wrong with my gamepad, but it still is working at least (I can leave the bowl :D). Can anyone tell me exactly how you are supposed to play a shot?

I am holding the trigger button (for example, the unorthodox shot or the aggressive shot trigger) then I am moving the left stick (like forwards or backwords for foot movement), holding it there and then I move the right stick, when to ball comes close, to where I need to play the shot. What am I doing wrong?

The trigger button plays the shot, I think.. Dont hold it

I just faced a delivery around off stump off a leg spinner, and I was having fun playing reverse sweeps and got the thinnest edge possible to the keeper. I could only hear it from hearing headphones. So great for that to happen as even in EA games there would be a reasonable deflection to the keeper.

I would still have reviewed it though.

I love marker mode. Perfect.
Took me a while to figure out that I could move the marker to where I wanted it but takes learning how to bat to a new level.

I've had more fun in these nets than in any full game released.. It shows the shambolic state of cricket gaming, we should have been having this for years..

The difference between this and Mike Fagan cricket 13 is astounding..

----------

The trigger button plays the shot, I think.. Dont hold it

You play the shot with the right stick - always. Holding the trigger buttons selects the shot type.

Thanks guys. So when the ball comes closer to the batsman, I am just supposed to rotate the right stick wherever I want to play the shot, right? I guess then something is wrong with the gamepad, bcz I was doing exactly the same.

Still, if there is anything you would like to mention, please, do so. Because I have been able to leave the ball with the same right stick and I was also able to browse the menu with the right stick. Any idea what to do? :(

You play the shot with the right stick - always. Holding the trigger buttons selects the shot type.

And if you don't hold any trigger? It defaults to agressive ground shot i think?

Ahh, is this officially the case? Triggers are really touch sensitive.. It's like a real Century Stick! (TM)

Oh you mean the trigger buttons or the direction stick?
The triggers are indeed analogue. The more they are pressed down the more aggressive or defensive the shot will be (depending on the trigger/s held).

And if you don't hold any trigger? It defaults to agressive ground shot i think?

Nah, just a normal ground shot, not as aggressive I think. The aggressive shots add more power, though I've managed to hit a powerful lofted ball that might have gone for 6 without them once, but might have got lucky.

Nah, just a normal ground shot, not as aggressive I think. The aggressive shots add more power, though I've managed to hit a powerful lofted ball that might have gone for 6 without them once, but might have got lucky.

Haha as hard as real batting

But equally rewarding

What I like most is although you have control over shots, you don't have total control.. In every other game before it, if you wanted to play an on drive along the ground you played an on drive along the ground.. Here it could lob up, anything can happen really..

I have a feeling I'll be saying "In every game before it" a fair bit

Haha as hard as real batting

But equally rewarding

What I like most is although you have control over shots, you don't have total control.. In every other game before it, if you wanted to play an on drive along the ground you played an on drive along the ground.. Here it could lob up, anything can happen really..

I have a feeling I'll be saying "In every game before it" a fair bit

Perhaps we should start a new calendar: BDB and ADB...

Yeah, I definitely agree, there's always going to be that random element depending on your timing, how the ball is bowled, the speed and angle it's going at, how it comes off the pitch, etc, etc. In other games, you'd press the button for the shot and 99% of the time, that would be that.

Yeah, I definitely agree, there's always going to be that random element depending on your timing, how the ball is bowled, the speed and angle it's going at, how it comes off the pitch, etc, etc. In other games, you'd press the button for the shot and 99% of the time, that would be that.

It is the most important thing.. Even in the best game before it, if you lofted an on drive in Brian Lara 99, you would be on 999/0 before long.. Completely ruining the game.. IC10 has been the most "random" game so far, but annoyances like spinners getting loads of wickets caught behind have ruined it for me

So.....

Anyone so far is underwhelmed by what they see in the nets?

Users who are viewing this thread