Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Thanks I was able to defend easily without the markers. And was decent too. It took it as a full toss. But both required a left stick input otherwise im getting bowled. I was hoping if there was a dig it out kinda animation where the batsman is upright and blocks it drives it with brute force. I guess its not there.

hey mate its there.."dig out", just pull back the left stick and right stick at 90 degree, this will be close to dig out..I just tried :):thumbs

----------

Really enjoying the nets. Just one concern: when a bouncer is bowled it doesn't look like you can evade it and you can't seem to block it either...so basically you either have to play a shot or let it hit you.

Also, not sure how it works when playing a match but the drift, spin and swing seem to be far exaggerated over what you would see in real life (unless you are facing Shane Warne 15 years ago). Could just be the bowling machine though.

As others have said though, great effort from what I've seen. If the bowling and fielding is up to the same standard then this will be remembered as THE cricket game in many years to come.

on evading bouncer..press right stick but make sure ball is bouncing enough, even I didn't see batsmen ducking in till now..

----------

Try a download manager or the PC Mirror.

Hey Ross, good morning !

wanted to check if there is an option to change the background music by pressing button ? , like we have in FIFA..also any plans to release DBC14 music tracks separately..

Awesome music btw..:thumbs

----------

sorry..one more thing..

what I am noticing with my shots (specifically straight drive) is that I am bringing down my bat with lot of speed...

Just thinking if we can just punch the ball..like Great Sachin Tendulkar use to play..just punch the ball to play straight drive..is it possible ?

Copying this in here too as it explains a lot of my problems.

Jesus Christ that is awful... This probably should be looked into ASAP and patched out if at all possible; because it pretty much makes the thing unplayable with PS3 controllers...

Hey Ross,

Can we expect new additions to the 'Net Practice' mode of Cricket Academy in the future? in the form of new updates?

Maybe allow us to use created players?

Thanks

Tried Motion In Joy and also made no difference whatsoever. That's 3-4 different methods of reconfiguration I've tried now and the game doesn't recognise any of them. Getting beyond frustrating now.

Jesus Christ that is awful... This probably should be looked into ASAP and patched out if at all possible; because it pretty much makes the thing unplayable with PS3 controllers...

Were you able to resolve your lag issues? Let me know if you do coz I have the same problem while using PS3 controller.

Bought an xbox 360 controller receiver. Seriously looking forward to playing this. CA runs pretty smooth in general on my HD4600 when I turn down the resolution. Hopefully the nets and game will too.

Yeh except that isn't true.

It works with PS3 controllers.

PS3 controllers aren't officially supported on PCs, so it's hard to make a game to support them directly.

It works with PS3 controllers.

+1

Most of us are using the PS3 controller (DS3), and it works absolutely fine using motionjoy with xbox360 emulation mode active. Takes some work to set it up though. Took me a good one hour to get the joysticks working correctly!

Well, the changed of controller worked a treat. Been having a blast all afternoon. Not sure if I'm doing it 100% perfect, but I've definitely nailed blocking the ball! Tell you what though, it's quite amazing how easily you fall into watching the ball, rather than the batsman playing the shot, or anything else going on. There's some nice little animations going on too with the bowling machine "barrel" moving just before the delivery fires out so you can kinda get an idea where the ball is going to go... but then the rest is up to you watching the ball and getting your eye in. The longer you bat, the more consistent you get... watching the circle around the ball and getting that stuff right is going to be SO MUCH nicer on my big ol' 50 inch television...

The camera angle in pro mode looks awesome!

Make sure if you're using Motioninjoy that you select "Xbox 360 contoller emulator" and then press the purple "Enable" button

Make sure if you're using Motioninjoy that you select "Xbox 360 contoller emulator" and then press the purple "Enable" button

On Motion In Joy in the Connected Game Controllers bit it just says Wait for controllers to be connected - even though my controller is connected and I'm perfectly able to play any other game with it. Is this normal? Not having any success with MIJ making any difference despite setting the controls up on it otherwise anyway. If I go to the Game Controller Panel, it shows my USB Gamepad connected just as normal anyway. Likewise with Xbox 360 Controller Emulator I set the buttons up as needed but it makes no difference to the controls in game which are received as they were in the first place.

Last edited:
Did you load the drivers via Motioninjoy?

Needs to look like one of these

kmM4oOv.jpg

6kfSbk7.jpg

And also try resetting your PC/Laptop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread