Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

If I'm honest I can't time anything from the fast bowler. It's always late! Don't know if this is down to my PC lag though(I've turned it down to 1260x1080 to get it playable!) obviously when the games out I will be playing it on Xbox so the graphics will be better than they are now. Even on fast medium by the time I see the ball leave the machine unless its short, I'm late 80% of the time!! Must say the ball still seems to come off the ball well and sounds good so this leads me to think there are varying degrees of timing, not just early/ideal/late. Is this correct? And for my problem with pace bowling is this to do with my PC or me? I'd basically have to play pre meditated shots just after the beep, before ball leaves the bola. Ironically, for the times when the machine beeps, then delays, I seem to be able to time those better!

I think it was Nick Knight who faced a 100mph one from Shoaib. Do we include him in the list with Lara and Tendulkar? ;)

Yep, I remember watching it live (WC '03) and jumping around at having seen a 100mph ball...then a few years later I jumped around even more when Shoaib turned up to face my local team when was playing league cricket (after an injury in about 2006 i think). Sadly, I wasn't playing but it was amazing to watch him ripped through us off an 8 step (and very slow!) run up.

Just wondering is there any way to play like soft touches shots to third man or even within the field???. It seems all the shots are like fluent and rapid. Animations for soft touches shots are not there. or am i missing something?

Random Question... is anyone concerned that we will all be really good batters and terrible at bowling??

Is it possible that adjust the graphics in this beta? Every time I choose the graphics option it just exits the game? Everything just runs too slow on my machine :(

Random Question... is anyone concerned that we will all be really good batters and terrible at bowling??

Welcome to my IC10 experience...

Is it possible that adjust the graphics in this beta? Every time I choose the graphics option it just exits the game? Everything just runs too slow on my machine :(

Try manually editing the config.ini file found in
Code:
%UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Cricket Academy Beta

Please note Speed Gear 7.2 still doesn't support Windows 7 64bit system. We are working on it. We hope we can solve this problem in three years.
Maybe they should use the program to speed that up too! (sorry, just had to do it)

The way pujara and kohli are negating the bounce and seam of sa bowlers i am itching to make full use of defence and leave buttons at durban ground in the game.

I'm gonna score a dogged 300 ball century in my first match in career mode. :p

Hats off to Bigant/Ross for this amazing game, after a full day and like 3 hours in the nets this is the game I have been waiting for since 1999.

It just feels like cricket and god it's Bigant's first try and they crush everyone else, well there is no one else anymore.

PS I have played in the nets more in real life than on the field and it's so close to the real thing, future looks a lot brighter for cricket games than a month ago now.:clap

PS The only thing I can see is missing is advancing down the pitch and defending the ball, strange not to be in the game. Number one request for the second game there Bigant.

Bring on 2014 Guys.:cheers:thumbs

Major issue

I'm unable to change the fielding gear, pads, shoes, gloves, etc.
That is also the same for batting gear, won't allow me to change any of the above mentioned.
Am I the only one with that problem?
I mean like it will allow me to select a different glove or shoe in the menu but it won't preview it on screen or show me that it has changed.

It depends if the player that you're editing is in a team which has enforced kit items and colours......I think.

Users who are viewing this thread