Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

If I'm honest I can't time anything from the fast bowler. It's always late! Don't know if this is down to my PC lag though(I've turned it down to 1260x1080 to get it playable!) obviously when the games out I will be playing it on Xbox so the graphics will be better than they are now. Even on fast medium by the time I see the ball leave the machine unless its short, I'm late 80% of the time!! Must say the ball still seems to come off the ball well and sounds good so this leads me to think there are varying degrees of timing, not just early/ideal/late. Is this correct? And for my problem with pace bowling is this to do with my PC or me? I'd basically have to play pre meditated shots just after the beep, before ball leaves the bola. Ironically, for the times when the machine beeps, then delays, I seem to be able to time those better!

I am playing a lot of premeditated shots too. I time it quite well though if I premeditate but If I wait for the ball to come out I can't time at all especially if it's a full ball. Short and good length.. then yeah.. sometimes! Not sure if it's my system though cuz I bought a new system last week. (i7 and 8gb memory. Still could be graphic card's fault). It's annoying not to play your shots late.

I am playing a lot of premeditated shots too. I time it quite well though if I premeditate but If I wait for the ball to come out I can't time at all especially if it's a full ball. Short and good length.. then yeah.. sometimes! Not sure if it's my system though cuz I bought a new system last week. (i7 and 8gb memory. Still could be graphic card's fault). It's annoying not to play your shots late.

Try lowering your resolution and calibrating your controller, its worked wonders for me!! Now instead of late cuts/pulls I'm playing ideal edges!!! Lmao, can't believe how good this is!!

I've put the game on the lowest possible graphics settings now and I'm getting a much better framerate which helps a lot with the timing of your shots/reading the delivery.

After not being able to get either of the last 2 cricket academy versions to work (i had no problem with earlier versions) This one works! I can play the nets, wohoo!
BUT.. i do have a problem.
The Academy does not store any of my created teams or players(ones i made using a previous beta). When i sign in, my uploads are empty, but when i do a search of my user name, they are all there??!!
I tried to remedy this by downloading my own players off the server and "re-sharing them". It does work, they appear in my uploads section UNTIL i exit the program. When i start up again, they have all vanished. It is the same for players and teams...any ideas anyone?

I'm unable to change the fielding gear, pads, shoes, gloves, etc.
That is also the same for batting gear, won't allow me to change any of the above mentioned.
Am I the only one with that problem?
I mean like it will allow me to select a different glove or shoe in the menu but it won't preview it on screen or show me that it has changed.
As Spitfireskent said it will be due to the team kit/colour being on.

They're the first two options in the gear, 'USE TEAM KIT'. Untick that and you'll be able to select any option, untick 'USE TEAM COLOUR' to be able to change colours.

I have played GTA4, Max Payne3 and still play PES 13 on my graphic card without lag, but I am experiencing a little lag in DBC. Please can any one help?

My Graphic card is Nvidia GeForce 210 1 GB

Improving from a very crap start, up to 23 streaks now on legend mode. If you don't watch the ball everything fails very fast on legend. Still having trouble switching from defence, attack and normal at the last second. Again great system for the batting controls Ross, they are near perfect.

PS Only real annoying thing for me is sometimes if you push the right stick in it leaves the ball when you are trying to play a shot, less now but still every now and then. Maybe it's just me.:lol

It's just you 79c, always was, always will be :)

Do you have a change log yet for the Special Super Happy Baby Jesus Edition?

Hats off to Bigant/Ross for this amazing game, after a full day and like 3 hours in the nets this is the game I have been waiting for since 1999.

It just feels like cricket and god it's Bigant's first try and they crush everyone else, well there is no one else anymore.

PS I have played in the nets more in real life than on the field and it's so close to the real thing, future looks a lot brighter for cricket games than a month ago now.:clap

PS The only thing I can see is missing is advancing down the pitch and defending the ball, strange not to be in the game. Number one request for the second game there Bigant.

Bring on 2014 Guys.:cheers:thumbs

You can advance if you hold right bumper and you can block with right trigger if you're using a controller :)
The only problem I have with the advancing is that every time you try to do it the batsman automatically tries to slide his bat back behind the crease, I mean if I were really wanting to launch it I wouldn't really be worrying about that :p

Last edited:
Question: what is supposed to happen when you do a back foot block? Whenever I did that, the ball kept going behind me for some reason.

I reckon that would be because you are pulling down on both sticks. Pull down on LAS to go on back foot, and push up on RAS to block the ball in front of you.

I find it easier to think of the RAS as where you want to hit the ball, rather than what type of shot to play.

Users who are viewing this thread