Don Bradman UPDATE 99.94b - Change Notes

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Um have you played those games? Broadcast Camera for NBA2k and especially FIFA are horrible for seeing everything you need to see (space/angles/players)...

JasXI

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Um have you played those games? Broadcast Camera for NBA2k and especially FIFA are horrible for seeing everything you need to see (space/angles/players)...

I meant the tele cam. The real broadcast cam is actually quite poor

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yeah, everyone thinks that the default camera for Fifa is a broadcast view when it is actually not. Also the end to end cam in the NBA series is alot easier to use than the broadcast cam, just sayin.

JasXI

Club Captain
Yeah, everyone thinks that the default camera for Fifa is a broadcast view when it is actually not. Also the end to end cam in the NBA series is alot easier to use than the broadcast cam, just sayin.

I actually used the end-to-end cam till FIFA 08. Had to switch over to tele cause I sucked at local multiplayer with my friends not allowing me to play with that cam :(

angad

Chairman of Consent
I have to disagree there... Look everyone has their preferences and although I understand Ross, being a developer, would want people to play the game the way it's meant to be but, just look at the NBA 2k franchise... I've met countless NBA gamers who don't prefer the broadcast camera while playing the game yet 2K strive on improving it each year to make the camera angle look more realistic and TV-like... If a cricket simulation can't offer as much as a realistic broadcast camera then its one of the cons, not the pros IMO... Even though I myself preferred the behind far cam in CA nets...

And what makes you think there isnt a broadcast camera in the game??? Its there. Ross has just mentioned repeatedly (just like almost everyone else who played the game + nets) that the batting and bowling cams are the best ways to play the game.

The broadcast camera is there (and should be used) for a TV like presentation and thus is not the best cam to 'play' the game. Doesnt mean that BigAnt has not paid attention to that camera.....infact MikeM (or was it HBK??) had mentioned how BigAnt has studied the camera views from real matches on TV for days and weeks to be able to implement it as close to real life as possible in the game. But then we have people complaining about the zoom etc in that camera and how they think they wont be able to use that cam to play the game :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm. To put it in simple words:

a) Broadcast Camera = TV like presentation, thus best used when 'viewing' the game!

b) Batting/Bowling cams = The views around which the game has been built and thus best used when 'playing' the game!

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
I for one will love the front camera for batting like in older cricket games. Cant wait for this cricket academy update. I tried to play IC 2010 with behind batsman camera, but got bored after a while. Switched the camera to normal one and enjoyed it more. So this camera is must for gamers like me.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I for one will love the front camera for batting like in older cricket games. Cant wait for this cricket academy update. I tried to play IC 2010 with behind batsman camera, but got bored after a while. Switched the camera to normal one and enjoyed it more. So this camera is must for gamers like me.

As mentioned before by Ross....to each his own. The only issue is people using the broadcast cam (or viewing it in videos) and complaining that its not a good cam to 'play' with due to it zooming in/out etc., when Ross has already mentioned many times that the broadcast camera is just that......a TV broadcast like cam.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed, did ICXX look or play anything like the Bradman nets?

angad

Chairman of Consent
This was an IC10 issue not the camera in my opinion

Agreed....but I didnt post that...use the correct post to quote :mad

----------

No. The reason that game sucked with the behind the batsman cam was because you had to play a shot even before the delivery was bowled (apart from other gameplay mechanics). It would still have been playable had the timing meter been implemented in a way that you could 'react' to the delivery than to premeditate it!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BTW Even though we broke on Friday for Christmas people came in on the weekend and today to get this done.

Feel this isn't getting credit it deserves :cheers

I think for me, will be close camera when batting and broadcast camera when watching in career mode.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
International cricket 2010 ps3 india vs pakistan - YouTube

It definitely didn't play like your nets. CA has the most realistic feel of any game thus far, and just look at those IC10 shot animations, certainly not "textbook"

IC10 was a disappointment for me and a reason I was very cynical regarding this last debacle from the start due to how PC members were treated from Ashes09 onwards.
I was the same with your product but so far you have been producing the goods and your interaction with this community and you reaction as a result of peoples input has been a breath of fresh air.
I'm sure you may regard some of my post as quite "nitpicky" but it's only because I just want a game that we have been denied since the fantastic template that was BL99. Every game since has just been either not quite right or broken. Just look at how many games had the run out bug for instance

ambar_hitman

Club Captain

Nope, it was terrible.

However, I crave for a TV like presentation for cricket games. I really dont see any problem playing with front camera as long as controls reflect that, which you have already confirmed. So bring it on. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread