Don Bradman UPDATE 99.94b - Change Notes

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh my god. Broadcast camera? In the nets? Ross must be biting more than his lip.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You must be confused... there has always been a broadcast camera in the game.

I wouldn't call it a "broadcast" camera in the nets as it's not really.

I get the feeling people have a go because they don't have the broadcast cam and then have a go because they do - racist fish off.

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
Ah okay. Mainly so that they can get use to batting on the camera angle the game wasn't intended to be played on then.

sobti

School Cricketer
I'm looking forward to the videos.

----------

No idea what you are talking of but the 99.94b will be released tonight.

Sir, my question was over the lack of information on when this additional update will be available for download ? I don't see any date or time mentioned in the first post of this thread, hence checking if this will be released on coming Friday or am I not able to see the link..

Anyway, you have answered my question. Thanks !

Hoping negotiations with Indian retailers are on track for in time release..

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ah okay. Mainly so that they can get use to batting on the camera angle the game wasn't intended to be played on then.

FWIW I don't care which camera you play from, never have.

----------

Sir, my question was over the lack of information on when this additional update will be available for download ? I don't see any date or time mentioned in the first post of this thread, hence checking if this will be released on coming Friday or am I not able to see the link..

Anyway, you have answered my question. Thanks !

Hoping negotiations with Indian retailers are on track for in time release..

I believe I did say it would be released after it finished QA. BTW Even though we broke on Friday for Christmas people came in on the weekend and today to get this done.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Ross, dude...u guys are tweaking awesome.

Honestly. Love the transparent feature.

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
FWIW I don't care which camera you play from, never have.

I can understand that. Just don't understand why people are stuck on this way of playing cricket games. Baseball has done it differently for years and have produced better games for it. I don't particularly love the sport, but I've been buying The Show for years only because that was the closest feel to cricket a game has ever come. In fact the pace of the game comes close to test cricket. Broadcast camera is in the game too, but doesn't make sense playing on this setting.

007avenger007

Club Captain
I have to disagree there... Look everyone has their preferences and although I understand Ross, being a developer, would want people to play the game the way it's meant to be but, just look at the NBA 2k franchise... I've met countless NBA gamers who don't prefer the broadcast camera while playing the game yet 2K strive on improving it each year to make the camera angle look more realistic and TV-like... If a cricket simulation can't offer as much as a realistic broadcast camera then its one of the cons, not the pros IMO... Even though I myself preferred the behind far cam in CA nets...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
@Adrian I would tend to agree, but to each their own.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I was always a 'broadcast cam' guy. But I love the close camera angle. It feels right.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I was always a 'broadcast cam' guy. But I love the close camera angle. It feels right.

Completely agree with this. It's going to be a lot of fun facing 'human" bowlers I reckon. I love the way that if you go from seam to spin, or fast to medium for example it takes you a few balls to readjust and get your eye in again as such. Think there will be some great battles ahead once this releases.

JasXI

Club Captain
FIFA, NBA and other such sports require you to see each and every thing on the field all the time. However, a sport like Cricket or Baseball doesn't require it. It is more an individual game while you are playing it. Why do you want to see the guy at slips while batting. You know he is there and that is sufficient. Hence, FIFA/NBA need the broadcast cams but not Cricket. As a batsman the ball has to come towards you, not away from you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread