Eddie's Gameplay patch

manee said:
I played the v4 patch on the first page and i bowled a team out for 8 and 1 in a test match, i bowled yorkers and they blocked them and skied them to square leg, plz sort this out.

ITS A ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL PATCH ONLY

Its meant for use on ODI's, not tests

But that doesn't excuse the Yorker bug. 4.1 please :D

Great work anyway. We do appreciate it

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manee
I played the v4 patch on the first page and i bowled a team out for 8 and 1 in a test match, i bowled yorkers and they blocked them and skied them to square leg, plz sort this out.

ITS A ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL PATCH ONLY

Its meant for use on ODI's, not tests

But that doesn't excuse the Yorker bug. 4.1 please

Great work anyway. We do appreciate it

you are right, its an ODI patch, and it isn't a yorker bug it a defensive shot bug.

I was surprised myself when i bowler a yorker and got a catch a sq-leg..(looked kinda cool though :D )

Anyone have feed-back on "mid-innings" pacings? Last time people thought the CPU just "died" mid-innings...pretty sure theey play spinners A LOT better now.

The pacing of this patch is looking nice .However,we need new field setting to tighten some areas .Hope you will release soon a fielding pack.

They pace the mid innings well however if they lose early wickets they continue to slog in the first 15 overs

Just uploaded v4.1, defending yorker bug fixed.

Fielding pack hopefully later today.

Last edited:
HI Eddie ,

This is Parijat i am from india and a gr8 cricket lover . I bought this game EA Cricket 2005 and tried playing but it is too hard to score runs then one of my friends gave me ur patch version 1 on loading that my gameplay improved a bit but major problem i am facing is now i am able to score freely during middle overs with gaps in fields but in initial overs m pretty slow at an average of 2 may be .And if i try to hit out due to ur reward for 6 feature its going to edges and m getting out . Can you please help by sending me ur latest patch for better batting .Also tell me y my late cut and pull shots are very weak they always tend to go to the infielder's hand .

Also tell me whats the difference between ur patch and tutsi's patch Can u tell me which patch has the easiest batting so that I can download it .

Please help

Ok here's my latest version:

Attachments

• Eddie ODI_v4.3.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi there, do I just put these files into the games root directory and it automatically applies them??.... i'm such a nOOb it's unreal.

And using the 4.1 , well ...that's if it installed correctly, having great trouble batting.... can never seem to strike the ball along the ground, ive never been so terrible at a game in my life, even on easy i'm being ruined here lol

eddie, i tried you patch. its really good, but one thing im missing... is there a possibility to get boundaries (fours) through the gaps? im missing this one....

akira2291 said:
eddie, i tried you patch. its really good, but one thing im missing... is there a possibility to get boundaries (fours) through the gaps? im missing this one....

:eek: This is a major issue.

Whats new on 4.2 and is it for tests or one day?

Whats the difference?

Whats new on 4.2 and is it for tests or one day?

Whats the difference?

its an Update for the ODI patch. Just a few minor tweaks, nothing major

i haven't tested your version 4.2 patch, but some things i noted in the version 4.0 that i don't know if have been fixed:

1. cpu can still cream yorkers for six. When's the last time you've seen murali cream a yorker first ball out of the stadium?

2. six hit square cut shot is completely wrong. I had the CPU tailenders hit 4 6's off this shot....to the square leg!!!! They looked like inside edges, and they definately should not go for six on square leg.

3. Hook/pull shot against spinners. Similar to square cut, it looks like an inside edge that rockets away for four to the cover fence.

Good news is: CPU doesn't die in the middle overs, but it can, at times flirt with death.

It was a rather enjoyable patch other than the problems with shots. Good work

Hi Guys it's nice to get shifted from c4k to c5k... i just stated playing this.. it's nice u guys have alreday stated working on it i'll try this... Great work keep it up

haven't tested your version 4.2 patch, but some things i noted in the version 4.0 that i don't know if have been fixed:

1. cpu can still cream yorkers for six. When's the last time you've seen murali cream a yorker first ball out of the stadium?

2. six hit square cut shot is completely wrong. I had the CPU tailenders hit 4 6's off this shot....to the square leg!!!! They looked like inside edges, and they definately should not go for six on square leg.

3. Hook/pull shot against spinners. Similar to square cut, it looks like an inside edge that rockets away for four to the cover fence.

i noticed all of them, thats why i released v4.2. All those probs have been fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread