Eddie's Gameplay patch

ok then ill try it for my v1.2 patch which ill release in about a week.Check out my thread for further updates on this aspect.

Siddharth

sid_19840 said:
This is where i feel let down.zimrahill say's to wait for eddie or tutsi,well am i nonexistent.I feel im trying just as hard to improve the game.I guess ill have to try making the pacing files myself,then only ill get named ever,maybe even then ill remain unknown.

Siddharth(& trying to implement zimrahill's ideas,will update soon)

Please don't take it so to heart. I just mentioned eddie and tutsi as they were the first names that came to me off the top of my head.

I wasn't excluding you or anybody else for that matter. Your patches are being well received so you are certainly not non existent :cool:

As Eddie has warned - this will take a while to get right as everyone bowls differently, people use different field settings, different AI patches and all this affects the average scores the CPU will obtain.

Good luck to all patch makers though. Getting it right will undoubtedly enhance the ODI experience.

Thanks zimrahill.

Attention to all patchers,including eddie.Pl look at the link below at this is a serious idea that can only be managed with the effort's of all of you.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?p=184983&posted=1#post184983

Siddharth

Attention all.

Ive managed to implement the idea suggested by zimrahill.It has been uploaded in the v1.2(b) Beta of my patch.You can dowlnload from there and also find the features of the different pacing files there.However as there are 3 zip's for 3 totals, 200,200-250 and 300 so the attachment can be found on the 4th page of my thread.Pl let me know about this new innovation which ive managed to implement before other patchers.

Siddharth

i'd like to add my thoughts on this too.

it is a nice idea by zim, but i doubt the success of it.

there is no problem in creating and swaping the BIG files after every innings. but the point is tht since CPU will NEVER EVER take into account as to how much wickets he has lost in the process of chasing totals e.g- above 250, this will make cpu crash hard at low totals. e.g- suppose if cpu lose 2-3 wickets early on, but since the pacing is tell cpu to STILL play aggressively coz he is chasing above 250......there is a high chace tht cpu will continue to loose more wickets and eventually lose by a big margin.(at times cpu MIGHT acc. get the req. runs).

i think its a fair thought to be though of.

I just started a tour of South Africa using New Zealand and the first team up is Gauteng. I hope I spelled that right... Anyway, my first innings I scored 431 on Medium difficulty and automatic fielding. I'm still getting a feel for the game, so forgive me if I don't jump to hard mode right away. :p I'd like to first say that I think your patches make batting much easier for me. I'm not sure if that was your intention, but maybe I just got used to batting using the patches so much that 'normal' batting is just harder. Hehe.

I started trying to bowl to Gauteng and all they EVER do is defensive shots. Is this normal? They won't swing at anything I bowl to them. I actually WANT to try and bowl rather than rely on autoplay, but I don't have the patience for 50 defensive shots to 1 swing... Is there anyway you can increase the aggressiveness of the computer when they're batting during a test match? This match is a 4 day test match and I have installed your test match beta patch. Like I said, from a batting perspective your patch works great. I wonder if installing the ODI patch would get them swinging... Hmm... Anyway, keep up the good work. :D

started trying to bowl to Gauteng and all they EVER do is defensive shots. Is this normal? They won't swing at anything I bowl to them.

wierd, i played a match against Australia, and they hit 400+ of 100 avers (includng Langer scoring a century before lunch on the 1st day)

Not to worry, i have been working on V1.0 (test match patch), and will release it later today....and its a vast improvement (even if i do say so myself)

erm have you released it? those posts were yesterday

not yet, upon doing a test, I was not happy with the number of edges the CPU batsmen were getting (IE not many).

As a result is was getting d@mn near impossible to dismiss the CPU Teams (even Bangladesh!) for under 350 runs in less than 100 overs. (even playing as Australia).

Once i fix that "problem" i will upload the latest version.

lol but it is sometimes really easy to get edges by just changing the pace of the bowling

lol but it is sometimes really easy to get edges by just changing the pace of the bowling

trust me, not a single edge. I got cut, pulled, hooked and driven all over the place. I think I over did it in cutting down edges to make the CPU make more challenging totals.

Ok here's Test Match Patch_v1.0.

Word of warning, when bowling please bowl at least 20 overs before posting a review. Cos (depending of the team) the CPU will play themselves in before cutting loose.

Aslo included, are some more edited fields, including some for the spinners.

have fun!

Attachments

• Eddie Test patch_v1.0.zip
    100.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
i think you have made toomany edges though. I just got bowled out for 18 by a county side. (playing as australia)

Users who are viewing this thread