Eddie's Gameplay patch

Hey Eddie,

Man i havent seen much of u after ur last complete AI patch. I really liked it man. Pls come back with a full version of AI patch for all parts of the game. :upray :upray :upray :upray :upray

I kinda stopped, cos my thread died....its all a case of supply and demand..

Awesome eddie,

splendid job with batting in both test and ODIs. bowling is avg.
Just make the field placing more realistic.
I think cpu's inning pacing in both test and ODIs still can be improved as in ODI almost all the teams gets bowled out way before their full quota of 50 overs. they loose all their wickets between 30 to 40 overs.try this if u haven't noticed yet. u will get this result 7-8 out of 10 times. I think this is not ur patch's fault but its a bug(I think it is.....) still left.
so try and see if u can work on it!

waiting 4 ur reply!

Been a bit under the weather lately....normal service will resume shortly.

**bump**

Blows the dust off this long forgotten thread.

Hi guys, i am resuming my AI patching as of today. Had almost a month off, now seem to have renewed interest in the game.

gonna have a quick browse over the last few page of the thread to see what I was in the middle of doing.

EDDIE

thanks god u are back

when do u think u could release a patch for us all to enjoy

thanks god u are back

when do u think u could release a patch for us all to enjoy

well i already have a number of patches released (see 1st page)

But, anything new will be this evening or tomorrow morning.

Hey Eddie,

Just found this site and your patch. Was really great to finally have some realism in the game. Got the ODI patch (4.4) and installed that.

First match I played was Nz v Aus(me), normal, christchurch, day, hard pitch, overcast and mild conditions. I won toss and sent em in but I wante dto try batting out so I just autoplayed them. They made 238 after being 0/100 or so.

Aus innings was strange. Gilchrist couldn't find gaps along ground and eventually out for 4 off almost 40 balls. Hayden on the other hand seemed to be able to find gaps easily. was 1/82 at one stage and then massive collapse to be 9/118. Last wicket put on 34. All out 152 in 36th over.

I thought the patch was generally very good. One problems is that it's hard to hit yorkers on or outside leg stump. If they're on leg and you try to glance them you get out LBW. Even if you just play defensive shot probably one in 5 gets through for LBW. 5 of my batsmen got out this way. Frustrating because the cpu bowled an average of one leg side yorker every over.

Apart from that great work. Gonna try out the test patch soon and I'll let you know what I though.

Regards,
Jason

thought the patch was generally very good. One problems is that it's hard to hit yorkers on or outside leg stump. If they're on leg and you try to glance them you get out LBW. Even if you just play defensive shot probably one in 5 gets through for LBW. 5 of my batsmen got out this way. Frustrating because the cpu bowled an average of one leg side yorker every over.

try a front foot On drive, as in real life, it's easier to hit a yorker with a straight bat shot.

I am actually working on "re-designing" my ODI patch. Been working on that for the last 24hrs or so. Still needs a bit of tweaking before its ready to upload.

Yeah i tried the one drive. Batsman tend to get their leg in the way and is hit on the pad. lost one to LBW this way. Problem only seems to be a yorker on leg or outside. If it's a yorker on middle or off then i can glance or block it fine.

Just added my latest version of the Test Match (and 4day county) Patch.

It's the batting only patch, where the CPU bowls a much more varied line & Length. This version, has solved the problem of the CPU bowling too many wides with part-time bowlers.

Update page one downloads according too.

Enjoy

Yeah i tried the one drive. Batsman tend to get their leg in the way and is hit on the pad. lost one to LBW this way. Problem only seems to be a yorker on leg or outside. If it's a yorker on middle or off then i can glance or block it fine.

Try standing a little more to leg-side?

My latest ODI patch (soon to be released), is a batting only patch. In this patch the CPU bowls a wide range of lines & lengths, and SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the number of yorkers the CPU bowls.

Attachments

• Eddie Test & 4-day patch_(batting only)_v4.0.zip
    100.5 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread