Emerging Players Tournament 2009 (Aus, NZ, SA, IND)

Nice work with the articles

Don't forget, it's not a first class competition either. I think Quiney is a bit OP for it really. When it comes to one dayers, he's brutal on bowlers who are too straight or too wide and you get more of those the lower down the competition you get. Wade, Henriques and Smith made runs last year as well.

Keep forgetting it is only OD based. It's not as bad but we could see some collapses. An opening combo of Cooper and Quinley should go well though. I hope Henriques gets to bat higher as he is wasted down the order.

Rahul Shukla in the AIS squad is from the MRF Pace Academy? I read in the ToI today that two players from the MRF Pace Academy in India were selected to the AIS squad. That is interestingly illogical in an "emerging players per country" tournament.

Rahul Shukla in the AIS squad is from the MRF Pace Academy? I read in the ToI today that two players from the MRF Pace Academy in India were selected to the AIS squad. That is interestingly illogical in an "emerging players per country" tournament.

I'm not sure it is too much to worry about. Afterall, it is the Australian Institute of Sport and I think that two players from MRF get scholarships to go there.

I don't think it's odd that they're there, but obviously not all the players attending COE play in the EPT. Last year two MRF players were in the squad, just as this year. I think that's the interesting part, that it seems they might not be picked on merit. The two players last year did not do especially well and haven't played a lot of cricket in the year since. One wonders how much more there is to it.

India Emerging Players squad: S Badrinath (capt), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), M Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Ishank Jaggi, Abhishek Nayar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha, Pankaj Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pradeep Sangwan, Sudeep Tyagi

Badrinath captaining the side again... :rolleyes: I get the feeling it's just that they're just too cheap to send India A on a proper tour.

There should be some rule that says no internationals allowed. That "Emerging" Indian side has a number of guys that have played either Test or ODI cricket.

India Emerging Players squad: S Badrinath (capt), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), M Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Ishank Jaggi, Abhishek Nayar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha, Pankaj Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pradeep Sangwan, Sudeep Tyagi

Badrinath captaining the side again... :rolleyes: I get the feeling it's just that they're just too cheap to send India A on a proper tour.

What the heck, this looks more like an A team then an emerging team. I guess India really wants to win this thing.

If you're going to pick an A team why is Pujara not there?

What the heck, this looks more like an A team then an emerging team. I guess India really wants to win this thing.

Are there any rules? If no, then its not our problem. All those players fit the word 'Emerging players'. They might have got a chance or two in mainstream international cricket. But they havent cemented their spots yet in the national side, and are considered to be emerging as future mainstays.

If you're going to pick an A team why is Pujara not there?

Think Pujara's still injured, if I was right, I read that injury was going to keep him out for around half a year or something. Can't remember exactly though, but I don't see why they'd keep Pujara out otherwise.

No Mukund in an "Emerging Players" squad is pretty disappointing tbh. Jaggi is a good pick though, had a good List A season with the bat.

Are there any rules? If no, then its not our problem. All those players fit the word 'Emerging players'. They might have got a chance or two in mainstream international cricket. But they havent cemented their spots yet in the national side, and are considered to be emerging as future mainstays.

AIS:One guy that has played for AUS, most of them have only played a handful of FC games

NZ:Two guys that have played for NZ, most of the squad haven't played too much FC cricket though.

SA:Two players that have played for SA I think?

India:Six players that have played for India I think?

I know a few of them have only played 1-2 games for India though, so it's not really that bad. But I feel as though AIS may struggle.

Badri,Rahane and Kohli are gonna rock the tournament.Will this be telecasted in India?

Well at least some of our guys can be tested against quality players. Can't wait to see Henriques, Cooper, Smith against these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread