England in the 90s

Dave I have probably just had too many Turkey Screwdrivers but in which vid did you post your settings?

Dave I have probably just had too many Turkey Screwdrivers but in which vid did you post your settings?

this one.

when I posted this I had actually just changed the settings slightly - upping Spin bounce and pitch bounce. May be a coincidence but I’ve since had a few very nice wickets since, edges to defensive prods and one where you could see the ball “get big”

Think I'll change my miss influence up to what you have and see if it makes a difference. I wouldn't actually mind being boweld more, atm it only seems to happen if I premeditate the foot selection and get it wrong.

Think I'll change my miss influence up to what you have and see if it makes a difference. I wouldn't actually mind being boweld more, atm it only seems to happen if I premeditate the foot selection and get it wrong.
At least we've found a possible culprit beyond me being terrible...

Last edited:
Thanks To Blockerdave he has got me started to play the retro 90s . i Have Started the first test between England me v Pakistan . Pakistan won the toss put England in to bat got to dinner 81/1 . but then it went downhill in the 2nd session Afridi causing havoc along with Mushtaq 7 wickets went but England up to 245 . smith 76 defraites 39 help that total . England were all out for 250 . Pakistan 2/ 0 at stumps . Afridi 19 overs . 5 wickets Mushtaq 17 overs 3 wickets and akram 20.2 overs 1 wicket Younis 19.overs 1 wicket . 2nd day tomorrow . many thanks to all the creators for all the hard work you put it in makes it more enjoyable to play the game you all do wonderful work and to do this in your own time . thanks ian

Thanks To Blockerdave he has got me started to play the retro 90s . i Have Started the first test between England me v Pakistan . Pakistan won the toss put England in to bat got to dinner 81/1 . but then it went downhill in the 2nd session Afridi causing havoc along with Mushtaq 7 wickets went but England up to 245 . smith 76 defraites 39 help that total . England were all out for 250 . Pakistan 2/ 0 at stumps . Afridi 19 overs . 5 wickets Mushtaq 17 overs 3 wickets and akram 20.2 overs 1 wicket Younis 19.overs 1 wicket . 2nd day tomorrow . many thanks to all the creators for all the hard work you put it in makes it more enjoyable to play the game you all do wonderful work and to do this in your own time . thanks ian

hi mate glad you’re enjoying it - gonna have to play well to pull it back from there

Going off-topic in my own thread, but as everyone knows before the 90s there was the 80s. In previous BA game forums you may have seen my Rebel Tour stuff.

I just found this documentary on YouTube about the 1983/84 West Indies Rebel Tour. This is absolutely fascinating, and huge amounts of footage plus some interviews I’ve never seen before.

Highly recommend this. Split over 3 parts.

hi mate glad you’re enjoying it - gonna have to play well to pull it back from there
Will See Blocckerdave hopefully my bowlers can get me off to decent start tomorrow . one thing i will say they were 35 extras 20 of them wides so i put my spin drift to 62 bowl quality from 95 down to 70 its contained it a bit.

I dreamed of my Headingley 19... I’d have settled for my Johannesburg 95.

As it was I didn’t even really get close enough to claim my own Edgbaston 05.

Nevertheless it was a heartbreak.

That Bowl who got hick out was a peach of delivery for out side edge . good content blockerdave enjoyed watching the videos mate keep it up .

Just before tea on day 3, after days 1 and 2 were rain affected, and somehow* I’ve bowled Pakistan out for 199 in response to my 314 to give me a 115 run lead on first inns...

*joint top wicket takers were Run outs and Hick with 3 apiece, Munton and Mallender grabbing 2 each as well.

90/1 at stumps day 3, a lead of 205. Gooch (50*) reached his first half century of the series in the last over of the day. Smith (10*) the other not out batsman overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread